Suh is a Lion

The best thing about Suh going to Detroit is that he'll be getting some great mentoring on how to handle things in the NFL from two guys who definitely have his best interests at heart. He's lining up every sunday by a former Husker in KVB and every day gets to line up and practice against another former Husker in Raiola. Can't do better than that.

Along with the Seahawks & the Titans, I think Detroit will get the best value from their 1st round picks. Suh's value is obvious - the foundation & face of the Lions' D for years to come. On top of that, I'd also say they're going to get great value from Jahvid Best, who is essentially CJ Spiller but with a few health concerns.

No doubt the Lions have a ways to go in such a competitive division, but the building blocks are definitely in place. The names speak for themselves - Calvin Johnson, Suh, Vanden Bosch, Stafford, Kevin Jones & now Jahvid Best.

Shows you what injuries can do to a team. Think Oklahoma wasn't talented this year? Three of the top four picks. Amazing. Has any team ever done that?

They said that the last time it happened was I believe 1967. However, I don't remember which team it was. On a side note, what's with everyone asking what the SEC's excuse will be this year? Yeah, the Big 12 is loaded with talent. However, when was the last time a Big 12 team beat a SEC team in the NC game? If you can't take all that talent and win with it on the field, does it really matter? IMO, the SEC doesn't need an excuse. They seem to do just fine making their case on the field.

Shows you what injuries can do to a team. Think Oklahoma wasn't talented this year? Three of the top four picks. Amazing. Has any team ever done that?

They said that the last time it happened was I believe 1967. However, I don't remember which team it was. On a side note, what's with everyone asking what the SEC's excuse will be this year? Yeah, the Big 12 is loaded with talent. However, when was the last time a Big 12 team beat a SEC team in the NC game? If you can't take all that talent and win with it on the field, does it really matter? IMO, the SEC doesn't need an excuse. They seem to do just fine making their case on the field.

that's always been my criticism of Mack Brown. he has the most talent year in and year out (at least top 3), but he struggles to close the deal. the big XII does under perform, look at OU in their championship games.

This is why I had Mack Brown listed so low last fall when there was a thread abour ranking the Big 12 coaches. Year in and year out, Texas is flooded with talent. Vince Young won Texas a NC in spite of Mack Brown. Mack Brown seems to be a good guy. I think his players do like him. I just don't think he gets the most out of them. I feel the same way about Brent Venables. He just doesn't seem to get everything out of his players.

• Fire 1

This is why I had Mack Brown listed so low last fall when there was a thread abour ranking the Big 12 coaches. Year in and year out, Texas is flooded with talent. Vince Young won Texas a NC in spite of Mack Brown. Mack Brown seems to be a good guy. I think his players do like him. I just don't think he gets the most out of them. I feel the same way about Brent Venables. He just doesn't seem to get everything out of his players.

There's no way I'd disagree there.

Yes. Mack should be steamrolling his way to the MNC game every year, but every year he seems to get tripped up, or struggle. It's like living in a gold mine and having to take out a loan for furniture.

i just think he is a bad game coach. for instance, our defensives, no matter how bad they were, always manage to compete.