Mel Kipers Top 5 Returning Player at Each Position

Mel has Roy as the number 4 returning running back in the country, Paul as the 5th best returning wide reveiver, Prince at 3 at CB, and Alex at number 2. Castille is number 5 at fullback.

Yeah I saw this a couple days ago, and I started laughing when I saw Castille as the #5 fullback.

Mel has Roy as the number 4 returning running back in the country, Paul as the 5th best returning wide reveiver, Prince at 3 at CB, and Alex at number 2. Castille is number 5 at fullback.

Yeah I saw this a couple days ago, and I started laughing when I saw Castille as the #5 fullback.

Ha ha! That doesn't exactly lend credibility to Kipers' list.

well if helu is the #4 back then what does that make burkhead, #5? haha

Mel made a little mistake Burkhead is the #5 fullback :laughpound

It's a shame J. Crick didn't make the list.

Yeah, for real. How did he not? I would love to see 5 Defensive tackles named that had better stats than him this past year.

Alot of people believe that the reason he flourished last year was because he was playing next to Suh. Kiper probably wants to see what he can do when he is getting all the attention.

Yeah, for real. How did he not? I would love to see 5 Defensive tackles named that had better stats than him this past year.

You can't. He is third in tackles, behind Suh and Nate Collins of Virginia, and third in sacks behind Suh and Adrian Clayborn of Iowa.

I think Kiper is just listing Seniors. No way in hell Crick would be left off that list otherwise.

The most likely answer, although I don't think Kiper specifies that in his story. He's posting up guys who could/should be on our radar for next year's NFL draft, since that's his area of expertise, and since he probably doesn't want to be construed as influencing an underclassmen to enter the draft, he's leaving guys like Crick off purposefully.