This Article Makes Me Nervous

Bo Pelini won't go anywhere. He called this his "dream job", and I know he likes this place a lot.

In any sense, if he does leave for OSU, we all won't be around long enough afterwards to care anyways. Nuclear war would commence inside Nebraska and we'd all be dead before the next day.

• Fire 1

Bo Pelini won't go anywhere. He called this his "dream job", and I know he likes this place a lot.

In any sense, if he does leave for OSU, we all won't be around long enough afterwards to care anyways. Nuclear war would commence inside Nebraska and we'd all be dead before the next day.

A lot of coaches call their first head coaching job as their "dream job," I mean who wouldn't?

A lot of coaches call their first head coaching job as their "dream job," I mean who wouldn't?

yeah, he may mean being a head coach in general is his dream job, not necessarily because of the school.

also, it would be a little insulting to the fan base if you said, "i'm glad to coach here, but OSU is my dream job."

don't get me wrong, i think he loves coaching here and has really bonded well with the university and built his own program, but i would say NU will alway be second best.

Sorry E, but I can grantee he would take that job if offered. Straight from the Pelini camp.

ohio state is the only school that i could ever see bo going to after nebraska. if tressel ever stumbles or if the buckies ever lose confidence in his leadership, you know pelini is on their short list. it's his alma mater and it's his home state.

but i'll put it another way: if back in the day tom osborne was canned, do any of us doubt that barry alveres or monte kiffin wouldn't come back if asked?

ohio state is the only school that i could ever see bo going to after nebraska.

if tressel ever stumbles or if the buckies ever lose confidence in his leadership, you know pelini is on their short list.

not only that, Ohio knowing that Bo is on the short list might make lessen their patience with Tressel if he does stumble. the grass is always greener, and if they have a good coach they can pick up, it might be easier for them to ditch tressel.

This article doesn't make me anymore worried than I already was. He just spoke at a convention Tressel did a simialr thing in nebraska last week. However iif the ohio state job opens up nebraska will have to cough up big time money to keep Bo, NFL type money.

i just don't like such sentiments being spoken, we all already knew that OSU could be trouble if they wanted Bo (i really believe that is the only place Bo would leave to), but this article just makes it all the more real. i liked it better when everyone knew, but no one would say it.

I just don't see him leaving. The way he talked about Nebraska in his opening press conference made me feel this way. He just seems like a genuine guy who is devoted to Nebraska and always will be. Sure, maybe I don't have the hard evidence to back this up, but my gut feeling tells me Bo will be here for the long haul.

Some points to consider:

-- As of today, Bo and Tressel's contracts expire after the 2014 season. Tressel will be 62 then.

-- In 2014, Bo's children will be 16, 14 and 12.

Hypothetically, if Tressel retires after the 2014 season and Bo is offered the job, the only thing that might prevent him from taking it is his children. Bo and Pat would have to ask themselves if it'd be worth uprooting their children out of Lincoln, specifically the 16 year old who would be a Sophomore in HS. The children will have developed a 7-year bond with their friends and community. If any of you recall what you were like from the ages of 12-16, you'd know those are crucial developmental years (puberty, etc.) especially physically and emotionally. Pulling them out of Lincoln during that stage of their life (especially the 16 year old) might not be worth the risk?

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if Bo took the OSU job in the future, but at the same time I also wouldn't be surprised if he turned it down either. It's not uncommon for college coaches to turn down opportunities to coach at their alma mater. Les Miles and Kirby Smart are recent examples. In Smart's case he was offered the DC position at Georgia, and they were willing to make him the highest paid assistant coach in college football but he turned it down.