Yahoo sports front page

no more night games after September though....that would kinda suck...

No night games in November I believe it is. You can still play night games in October.

do you know why that is? is it just because of the weather?

Explanation here.

i wonder if they will change that to expand the market and because of potential tv contracts. i got to believe night games get bigger audiences on a national level.

no more night games after September though....that would kinda suck...

No night games in November I believe it is. You can still play night games in October.

do you know why that is? is it just because of the weather?

Explanation here.

i wonder if they will change that to expand the market and because of potential tv contracts. i got to believe night games get bigger audiences on a national level.

I believe they would atleast allow the possibility. 8 conference between 11am and 6pm is just too many. The TV numbers wouldnt be as high because so many different people are watching different games.

If any of their fans are like ours. I like to watch some of the other conference games going on before/after the husker game. Especially if we play them in the next week or two then I watch with alittle more focus with DVR, almost like scouting them.

I mentioned in the BIG NEWS thread in Rumorsville that there is a bright side in joining the Big 10 and that is the possibility of playing against UT and OU in future bowl games.

Imagine playing the final game of the year in a BCS bowl against the Sooners and Longhorns? The stakes would be even higher.

The only thing we lack is the TV sets

Are you basing that on our population? We are a small state, ranking 38th in population. But if we're measuring eyeballs on TV screens, I don't think we can just look at population. Nebraska is perhaps unique in that we have fans across the country that watch our games when on.

If anyone knows where to find neilson ratings for individual college football games, I'd love to see them.

I was basing it strictly off of our Designated Market Area (DMA) without taking the "nationwide eyeballs" into account. But like I already said in that post, that doesn't seem to be the end all, be all of this situation as there are more specific things that Nebraska brings to the table such as Athletic Dept. revenue.

Anyway, here is an estimate that answers your question concerning ad revenue that Nebraska could generate if we jumped to the Big Ten.

vylaj9.jpg

this was tweeted today by Tom Dienhart who is a national writer for CFB on the Rivals/Yahoo network

"Big Ten expansion buzz has league adding Mizzou, Nebraska, Pitt, Rutgers and Syracuse and splitting into four, four-team divisions"

Then followed with "The Big Ten divisions: Syra, Pitt, Rut., Penn St.--Mich., Wisc., Mich. St., Mnn.--Ohio St., Pur., IU, Ill./North.--MU, Iowa, Neb., Ill./NU"

Ill. is listed twice and Northwestern is left off, so i think he made a mistake with the "ill/north", probably supposed to be "Ill./NU"

But this division split makes the most sence to me. I was talking with a friend about this yesterday when I mentioned this. You would play the 3 teams in your group and 2 from every other. 9 conference games. Switch the teams every other year so that you play every team in the league within a 2 year period

Example 2012 NE schedule. Would include 3 games against MU,IA, and ILL. Syra, Pitt, Mich, Wisc, OSU & Pur

2013 NE schedule would include 3 games against MU,IA, and ILL. Rut, PSU, Mich ST., MInn, IU & NU

2014 NE schedule would be the same as 2012 only fliping the home/away with the 3 sets of secondary divisions.

I have said this before, I think expansion is more likely to happen than not. And I fully believe that if MU gets the call they take it. I am almost as possitive that NE will be coming along also.

No way they run this kind of layout Fro. It doesn't feed into a Championship Game like they would want. They will create divisions, either static or dynamic and allow for 1 game against the other division to fill in 8 total games. Teams in a harder "division" would be pissed off and have reduced access to the title game.

Are you basing that on our population? We are a small state, ranking 38th in population. But if we're measuring eyeballs on TV screens, I don't think we can just look at population. Nebraska is perhaps unique in that we have fans across the country that watch our games when on.

If anyone knows where to find neilson ratings for individual college football games, I'd love to see them.

I was basing it strictly off of our Designated Market Area (DMA) without taking the "nationwide eyeballs" into account. But like I already said in that post, that doesn't seem to be the end all, be all of this situation as there are more specific things that Nebraska brings to the table such as Athletic Dept. revenue.

Anyway, here is an estimate that answers your question concerning ad revenue that Nebraska could generate if we jumped to the Big Ten.

vylaj9.jpg

The Rutgers and Syracuse numbers are questionable with the low interest in college sports in the north east.

Syracuse would be the better pick if they where taking one north east team.

vylaj9.jpg

The Rutgers and Syracuse numbers are questionable with the low interest in college sports in the north east.

Syracuse would be the better pick if they where taking one north east team.

I herd Colin Cowherd talk about this somewhat.... he said the northeast (boston,NY area) is the lowest rated area for college football. For such a widely populated area that is really distrubing, apparently all they care about are the Yankees,Red Sox and Patriots. So I really dont think the Big 10 is gaining much by adding Syracuse and/or Rutgers.