SI 2011 Draft Forecast

LINK

7. Arizona Cardinals

Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska

Played big against tough competition last season and has enough athleticism for Nebraska to consider working him into the offense in the coming season.

24. Atlanta Falcons

Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska

Crick had five sacks in one game last season. He'll prove he can perform without having Ndamukong Suh drawing all of the offense's attention.

I don't buy Crick leaving next year. Like Suh, staying for his senior season will be a huge benefit - especially if he's only projected at the back end of the first round. If Crick stays for his senior year and even remotely improves over the next two years, Nebraska should make it three straight years (2010 - Suh, 2011 - Amukamara, 2012 - Crick) with players taken in the top ten of the draft.

Scout.com: NFL Draft: 2011 Big Board

They have Crick #7 and Prince #8 in their rankings. Locker is #1.

Jared Crick

Junior

DT

6-6

2011 Draft Team Interest: Steelers|Broncos|Jaguars

It will be interesting to see how Crick does this season without Ndamukong Suh by his side. Obviously, Crick benefited from Suh, but he's a tremendous lineman in his own right. He has great size, and is a perfect 3-4 DE. Crick recorded 73 tackles, 15 for a loss and 9.5 sacks last season.

Prince Amukamara

Senior

CB

6-1

2011 Draft Team Interest: Eagles|Broncos|Packers

Amukamara is the most complete cornerback in next year's draft. He has great size and speed, and is a physical corner that possesses elite ball skills. He amassed 64 tackles, three for a loss, two sacks and five interceptions last year.

I think they just don't got any other names at this point, so Crick is a popular pick to throw out there.

I don't think he's even that big of a prospect right now. He has size and one really good game against Baylor. He spent the year benefiting from the focus on Suh, but so did Ty Steinkuhler in '08. Don't get me wrong, Crick is talented and did some nice things - but so was Steinkuhler, who had a nice game himself against Clemson. This year he'll have to show he has the talent to do all that on his own.

Of course Crick has been more impressive than Ty, but I don't think it's close the difference between undrafted free agent and first round junior yet.

Sure, Crick and Prince are the best bets now. Ricky Henry or Roy Helu could go pretty high too. But we got a long ways to go.

Several other guys might get drafted, but not in the first round. Niles Paul and Pierre Allen for example. And pretty much every DB we graduate will get a look—--like Gomes, Thenarse, Hagg.

Scout.com: NFL Draft: 2011 Big Board

They have Crick #7 and Prince #8 in their rankings. Locker is #1.

Surprising that Scout lists five guys from the Big 12 in the 1st round--two each from NU and aTm, and one from CU. But none from either OU or UT. What's up with that? Ha ha!

Dont forget Thomas from KSU at 29.

Oh yeah, I guest KSU is still in the Big 12 aren't they. My bad.

If they do not get the CBA figured out, then there might not be a 2011 season. Depending on how long it takes to get things figured out between the players and the owners, the thought of a lockout will keep a lot (most) juniors in college for another season, I would think.

Even if there is no CBA there will still be a draft, your right it will juniors will stay because there will be no more huge contracts after next seasons draft.

I think they just don't got any other names at this point, so Crick is a popular pick to throw out there.

I don't think he's even that big of a prospect right now. He has size and one really good game against Baylor. He spent the year benefiting from the focus on Suh, but so did Ty Steinkuhler in '08. Don't get me wrong, Crick is talented and did some nice things - but so was Steinkuhler, who had a nice game himself against Clemson. This year he'll have to show he has the talent to do all that on his own.

Of course Crick has been more impressive than Ty, but I don't think it's close the difference between undrafted free agent and first round junior yet.

other than they played the same position at the same school and both had a good game I dont even see how those 2 can even be compared. physically crick is clearly superior, and he doesnt have an injury history like Ty. stats arent even that close and you are comparing a sophmore to a senior. crick had 25 more tackles, and had 6.5 more sack(ty did have more tackles or loss) but thats not a small difference. 25 tackles and 6.5 sacks are good numbers for a DT... and thats the difference between the 2. cricks numbers and size absolutely deserve the attention he is getting. and its not like he is the first guy that has benefited from another player and was drafted in the first round. and lastly while baker is not suh.... he's is going to be a fine player. if people focus on crick like they did suh baker will tear them apart(as will our improving ends)

Fwiw walter football has them both going first round next year as well.

walterfootball.com

Crick to the panthers at #22

The Panthers have major issues at defensive tackle, and I don't think they'll be content with players like Ed Johnson, Tank Tyler and Louis Leonard

And Prince to the packers at #25

Charles Woodson just won Defensive Player of the Year, but he'll be 35 a month into the 2011 season. He can't possibly keep up this level of play into his mid-30s, can he?

McShay's mock is out, and without indulging too much, I'll say there are a couple guys with red jersey's in the top round ;)

Even though he is giving info that I want to hear, I lost a lot of respect for mcshay in this years draft. Not only because of the whole McCoy>SUH garbage he tried to pull. I think somone posted an article about an nfl scout mocking mcshay and his lack of actual connections.

But thanks for posting anyways GM.