Marlon Lucky getting a tryout with the Jets

Nexus

The Jets got Shawn Green of Iowa fame, and last I heard he was their new starter (somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that). Considering how well Lucky caught the ball and picked up blocks, you'd think that he could find a 3rd down back reserve role somewhere. Wish him the best.

Pretty sure Thomas Jones is still the starter there.

Nope, Thomas Jones plays for Kansas City now.

Lucky is going to have a tough road to hoe to make the Jets roster. I could see him being on the practice squad though. They have Shonn Greene, LT and Joe McKnight at RB

btw, I think they moved Danny Woodhead to slot WR. That must be the new spot for little RB's, the Chiefs drafted Dexter McCluster for the same position.

I've been looking at some old films on YouTube in the offseason, and there were times when Marlon looked like a world-beater. He shows glimpses of brilliance, so you know he's got it in him.

I always thought Lucky lacked in two areas: 1) Ability to make a guy miss and 2) the ability to outrun defenders.

As for the first one, it always seemed like the first guy that hit him was the guy to take him down. And as for the second, it seemed like he was never able to break large, impressive runs because he just didn't have good getaway speed.

I'd have to agree with that observation. I felt the same way about Brandon Jackson as well though. Although both were serviceable, they needed a more elite level of speed or a better ability to make defenders miss since they could not mow them over like some backs (Gerhart, Wisconsin's Clay)

I wish him the best, but I just don't think he has a chance...they have some good RBs there...

I think the exact opposite - Callahan is still up there and we know Lucky is good receiver out of the backfield... not saying he will make it but he has a shot because of the history there.

Also, GO LUCKY and DO IT!!!