Best selling rookie jerseys

I just wonder how many comments about Tebow would be made if he played at Nebraska.

Sadly college football fans are looking for the gangsta type player, the bad ass, the ones in and out of jail or trouble. If they can play they are great. But you put a good kid out there, that all would totally be excited about if he was courting your daughter or sister, he is a piece of crap.

We are changing Nebraska fans and it is not for the better.

Tebow is what college football and life should be. He lives right, acts right and all he gets is hate.

I think the kid has succeeded at every level of the sport, one of the greatest college players of all time. I hope he makes it, and we know he will not quit like our esteemed last Hypsman winner.

Compare him to Crouch, better athlete, twice the person.

Im just tired of the media fascination with him. Just because he's all about the Lord, goes to Africa, great athlete and a better leader doesnt mean he deverses the attention he gets. He wouldnt have half the fans or people "rooting" if it wasnt for ESPN having a ticker about concussion or having a freakin camera stuck to his face everytime he sneezed.

I dont hate Tim Tebow, I hate the media fascination with him. ESPN turned him into a celebrity its not his fault.

FWIW-I know Im gonna get blasted. SUH was a great player for Nebraska and brought some great notoriety to our state. I hope he has tremendous success in the NFL. But, I was starting to get tired of the media surrounding SUH leading up to the draft. He was on ESPN constantly for 2 weeks leading up to the draft. He was even person of the week on ABC. I thought the donation announcement was "staged" at the Spring Game and was over the top. I still cant figure out why we stop in the middle of "game" to make such announcement, Because of course it involved SUH. To me this something the puts a player or former player above the team, something I think Bo and Tom dont think to much of.

• Fire 1

I agree Suh is the same type of player as Tebow. He is a great athlete and person.

Tebow is beat upon because he recieved the press. Is it his fault the media idolized him.

Crouch quit on this team, even though some like to forget it. He quit in every opportunity he was given at one time or another.

You can have Crouch, but if he had been playing at Oklahoma or anywhere else he would be a quitter to you is my guess.

I have little respect for him, and never have. He caused a lot of the problems Nebraska has endured the last few years. He controlled the team, not the coach, but that has little to do with this conversation. Great football player, but if he was at Florida and Tebow was here, my bet is your words would be just the opposite.

I don't think Tim Tebow is a piece of crap. I also wouldn't want him dating anyone in my family because I'd have to hear about it EVERY FREAKING DAY ON THE ESPN. I'm so sick of hearing how great of a person he is and all the good things he's done. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER ATHLETES DOING GOOD THINGS ALL THE TIME, but for some reason we only get to hear about the TEBOW CHILD.

I don't think anyone said they wanted a gangster type player in any way, shape or form. Frankly, as long as a guy plays hard and keeps his nose clean, I'm good. I don't need to hear everyday that he spent his summer circumcising the lost tribes of the Serengeti.

From what I can tell about Crouch, he's a friendly, down-to-earth guy. He takes care of his family and gives back to the university. The guy keeps his Hypesman in a box in his basement for crying out loud. WTF

I just wonder how many comments about Tebow would be made if he played at Nebraska.

Sadly college football fans are looking for the gangsta type player, the bad ass, the ones in and out of jail or trouble. If they can play they are great. But you put a good kid out there, that all would totally be excited about if he was courting your daughter or sister, he is a piece of crap.

Tebow is what college football and life should be. He lives right, acts right and all he gets is hate.

I think the kid has succeeded at every level of the sport, one of the greatest college players of all time. I hope he makes it, and we know he will not quit like our esteemed last Hypsman winner.

Even if he played for Nebraska I wouldn't like him. Anyone that preachy loses all respect immediately.

Even if he played for Nebraska I wouldn't him. Anyone that preachy loses all respect immediately.

exactly. i get tired of the notion that just by being religious they are a better person. SUH's actions speak as loud, if not louder, than his.

yes, i agree that the reason most people disparage him is because of media attention, which is not his fault. but, the moralizing and preaching is annoying. i know he has done missionary work, but that is worth so much more (in the media's eyes) then just doing charity work at 24th and Lake. they did so many stories on his missionary work and religious background, if someone else did non-religious charity work, the media could care less. being religious automatically makes someone 'good', regardless of their other actions. it also implicitly states that a student who does everything else Tebow did, in regards to building character, is less good because they are not religious. i know this is going to be cliche, but imagine if Tebow donated 2.6 million to UF? how that story would be framed, the religious slant (oh, his religion keeps him so grounded, it is his faith that compels him to be so generous... etc). i'm more impressed with the person who is good, noble, courageous for the sake of being good, noble, and courageous, not because their religion causes them to be those characteristics, it just seems disingenuous.

also, being the greatest fans on earth doesn't preclude us from criticizing and mocking.

finally, tebow's speech after the ole miss loss was ridiculous. not plaque-worthy.

• Fire 3

Even if he played for Nebraska I wouldn't him. Anyone that preachy loses all respect immediately.

exactly. i get tired of the notion that just by being religious they are a better person. SUH's actions speak as loud, if not louder, than his.

yes, i agree that the reason most people disparage him is because of media attention, which is not his fault. but, the moralizing and preaching is annoying. i know he has done missionary work, but that is worth so much more (in the media's eyes) then just doing charity work at 24th and Lake. being religious automatically makes someone 'good', regardless of their other actions. i know this is going to be cliche, but imagine if Tebow donated 2.6 million to UF? how that story would be framed, the religious slant (oh, his religion keeps him so grounded, it is his faith that compels him to be so generous... etc). i'm more impressed with the person who is good, noble, courageous for the sake of being good, noble, and courageous, not because their religion causes them to be those characteristics, it just seems disingenuous.

also, being the greatest fans on earth doesn't preclude us from criticizing and mocking.

finally, tebow's speech after the ole miss loss was ridiculous. not plaque-worthy.

Exactly what i was saying about Tebow, but you just put it better context. :)

yes, i agree that the reason most people disparage him is because of media attention, which is not his fault. but, the moralizing and preaching is annoying. i know he has done missionary work, but that is worth so much more (in the media's eyes) then just doing charity work at 24th and Lake. being religious automatically makes someone 'good', regardless of their other actions. i know this is going to be cliche, but imagine if Tebow donated 2.6 million to UF? how that story would be framed, the religious slant (oh, his religion keeps him so grounded, it is his faith that compels him to be so generous... etc). i'm more impressed with the person who is good, noble, courageous for the sake of being good, noble, and courageous, not because their religion causes them to be those characteristics, it just seems disingenuous.

Exactly what i was saying about Tebow, but you just put it better context. :)

thank you. i forgot about the concussion, they followed him like he was a president who was shot. and you are right about them obsessing over SUH, that got to be a bit much. all of the draft coverage was quite the spectacle. it just proves that 24 hours is too much for news coverage and sports coverage. ESPN is lazy and 90% of what they do is beat a dead horse.

yes, i agree that the reason most people disparage him is because of media attention, which is not his fault. but, the moralizing and preaching is annoying. i know he has done missionary work, but that is worth so much more (in the media's eyes) then just doing charity work at 24th and Lake. they did so many stories on his missionary work and religious background, if someone else did non-religious charity work, the media could care less. being religious automatically makes someone 'good', regardless of their other actions. it also implicitly states that a student who does everything else Tebow did, in regards to building character, is less good because they are not religious. i know this is going to be cliche, but imagine if Tebow donated 2.6 million to UF? how that story would be framed, the religious slant (oh, his religion keeps him so grounded, it is his faith that compels him to be so generous... etc). i'm more impressed with the person who is good, noble, courageous for the sake of being good, noble, and courageous, not because their religion causes them to be those characteristics, it just seems disingenuous.

+1 Completely agree. As an atheist, I find him and the media's love affair to be incredibly annoying.

there's a facebook group, "i bet SUH can get 100,000 fans before tebow gets a touchdown". i'm putting this out there, i bet SUH will get a touchdown before tebow does.

i didn't want to start a new thread and thought this was the most appropriate place for this post.

I joined that earlier today! :lol:

The only football jersey that a person should ever buy/own after they are about 14 years old (unless they actually play) is a #7, Atlanta Falcons, "Mexico" (as in Ron Mexico) jersey. Please Google if you are unfamiliar with this jersey/player.

hell in blitz league 2 i always got my achievement for showing mexico the proper way to deal with animals.

i'm more impressed with the person who is good, noble, courageous for the sake of being good, noble, and courageous, not because their religion causes them to be those characteristics, it just seems disingenuous.

It can't be put any better than that.

+1 Completely agree. As an atheist, I find him and the media's love affair to be incredibly annoying.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Tebow said once that if you don't have faith, I don't know what you're living for... At that moment I knew he was a douchebag... Can't stand him. Does anyone remember his half-time speech in the national championship against oklahoma? a linebacker was giving the speech and then Tebow just bursts through the huddle yelling at everyone and basically quote the movie Varsity Blues. And then there was the time he was yelling at the kick off team... We had a guy like that on our high school team, and when he did stuff like that, people in the huddle went off on him. I don't like Tebow. And neither did the guy at the combine who told him to shut the f*** up.