Anyone happen to flip past Ernie Chambers talking last night about Suh?

Also, the suit against god made a lot of sense:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsuits_against_God

No it didn't. I would go out on a limb and say anyone with a jurisprudence background recognizes that the case and his argument was a complete waste of time and money- not to mention it was a move made to garner media attention.

he serves a purpose, i believe a valuable one, and that is to challenge the establishment, and recognize and represent the interests of those who are all but forgotten, the marginalized and disenfranchised.

He serves a purpose of pandering to misfits and the ignorant. They are disenfranchised for a reason, their views aren't respectable by the respectable majority of people.

I don't buy that Suh is an idiot. Not everyone is as greedy as Chambers. Suh can do with the money as he wants, he earned it- Chambers didn't. I recommend Ernie take a note from Mexican politics, "stop squawking and shut up."

when someone thinks an idea is stupid, especially a non conventional idea, it is probably because they are stupid and crippled by their narrow minds.

also, the statement i put in bold is more offensive than the suit against god, if you live in a free thinking democracy, that is.

also, someone said something about him being respected by the respectable majority. who said he wanted to be respected by the majority, and who said the majority is respectable?

here is a final thought, because any defense of chambers will be a waste of time and fall on deaf, over-privileged ears, SUH donated two million dollars to an overfunded program for their weight facilities, which are arguably already the best in the nation. i can see how someone would think that doesn't make sense.

I live in a constitutional republic myself. Pretty sure that is what our government was founded as. Oh and your respectable majority comment...well that is how a democracy (which we are not) works. They are run by majority rule which you obviously think the United States is (a democracy), so then he would have to care about the majority. But he doesn't since we are a constitutional republic. Get it?

But football talk now...Suh showed great character by what he did. I would like to see what Chambers would do in the same situation. It doesn't surprise me that he doesn't understand that loyalty, honor, courage, respect, integrity, etc is why Suh gave the money to them. Chambers doesn't know what that stuff really means...he may know the definition, but he doesn't understand the practice. Ernie Chambers is rascist against white people honestly and yeah rascism can be in any man's heart no matter what ethnicity they may be.

why does he have to care about the majority? we live in a representative democracy, he only has to care about his district.

i don't get why a guy who expresses his thought gets ad hominem attacks. just because you disagree with him (more likely don't understand him) does not mean that he doesn't understand loyalty, honor, courage, respect, integrity, etc. the man went to Creighton Law, did extremely well, and instead of taking a job for a big law firm and making a ton of money, he maintained his job as a barber shop and used his intelligence, drive, and skill to represent a part of the city that is largely ignored. to me, and this is just me, that is the definition of loyalty, honor, courage, respect, integrity, and humility. he made his purpose and career to represent the downtrodden instead of selfishly making money by exploiting others (which is how the law often works, especially for those who make a lot of money at it).

He doesn't have to care about the majority...that is what I said. I said that he would have to care about the majority IF we lived in a democracy. A democracy works on majority rule. We do NOT live in a representative democracy. We are a constitutional republic. Please learn what type of government we have.

No it didn't. I would go out on a limb and say anyone with a jurisprudence background recognizes that the case and his argument was a complete waste of time and money- not to mention it was a move made to garner media attention.

he serves a purpose, i believe a valuable one, and that is to challenge the establishment, and recognize and represent the interests of those who are all but forgotten, the marginalized and disenfranchised.

He serves a purpose of pandering to misfits and the ignorant. They are disenfranchised for a reason, their views aren't respectable by the respectable majority of people.

I don't buy that Suh is an idiot. Not everyone is as greedy as Chambers. Suh can do with the money as he wants, he earned it- Chambers didn't. I recommend Ernie take a note from Mexican politics, "stop squawking and shut up."

when someone thinks an idea is stupid, especially a non conventional idea, it is probably because they are stupid and crippled by their narrow minds.

also, the statement i put in bold is more offensive than the suit against god, if you live in a free thinking democracy, that is.

also, someone said something about him being respected by the respectable majority. who said he wanted to be respected by the majority, and who said the majority is respectable?

here is a final thought, because any defense of chambers will be a waste of time and fall on deaf, over-privileged ears, SUH donated two million dollars to an overfunded program for their weight facilities, which are arguably already the best in the nation. i can see how someone would think that doesn't make sense.

I live in a constitutional republic myself. Pretty sure that is what our government was founded as. Oh and your respectable majority comment...well that is how a democracy (which we are not) works. They are run by majority rule which you obviously think the United States is (a democracy), so then he would have to care about the majority. But he doesn't since we are a constitutional republic. Get it?

But football talk now...Suh showed great character by what he did. I would like to see what Chambers would do in the same situation. It doesn't surprise me that he doesn't understand that loyalty, honor, courage, respect, integrity, etc is why Suh gave the money to them. Chambers doesn't know what that stuff really means...he may know the definition, but he doesn't understand the practice. Ernie Chambers is rascist against white people honestly and yeah rascism can be in any man's heart no matter what ethnicity they may be.

why does he have to care about the majority? we live in a representative democracy, he only has to care about his district.

i don't get why a guy who expresses his thought gets ad hominem attacks. just because you disagree with him (more likely don't understand him) does not mean that he doesn't understand loyalty, honor, courage, respect, integrity, etc. the man went to Creighton Law, did extremely well, and instead of taking a job for a big law firm and making a ton of money, he maintained his job as a barber shop and used his intelligence, drive, and skill to represent a part of the city that is largely ignored. to me, and this is just me, that is the definition of loyalty, honor, courage, respect, integrity, and humility. he made his purpose and career to represent the downtrodden instead of selfishly making money by exploiting others (which is how the law often works, especially for those who make a lot of money at it).

He doesn't have to care about the majority...that is what I said. I said that he would have to care about the majority IF we lived in a democracy. A democracy works on majority rule. We do NOT live in a representative democracy. We are a constitutional republic. Please learn what type of government we have.

sorry, i was unable to understand your poorly written post. by the way, we are a democracy, there are different types of democracies. by the way, it is a sin to disagree with me, and god doesn't like it when you sin.

I love poking the bear ;) I just can't believe nobody flew past him and stopped to listen. Man, I need to get a life.......... :facepalm:

it is weird he was talking about SUH, but SUH is big news. also, it is public access, so who knows what will be said or discussed on it.

sorry, i was unable to understand your poorly written post. by the way, we are a democracy, there are different types of democracies. by the way, it is a sin to disagree with me, and god doesn't like it when you sin.

I figured you would attack me...I know how it works when some people are faced with facts.

In the Constitution of the United States...

Article IV - The States

Section 4 - Republican government

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

------------------------------

Republic

republic n 1 : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and is usually a president; also : a nation or other political unit having such a government 2 : a government in which supreme power is held by the citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives governing according to law; also : a nation or other political unit having such a form of government Source: NMW

In the context of the United States, both definitions apply.

------------------------------

So where Democracy does have several types and in some ways we are close to a democracy...according to our constitution, we are a republic that has the constitution as our law of the land. Which means we are a constitutional republic. I don't know about you, but I think I will trust what the constitution says here over you even if it is a sin. I did laugh at that btw :) .

You have to remember that democracy is a majority rule and we do NOT work that way.

ok, i was mad at you, and others, for being so hard on chambers. now i really don't care.

also, i am glad you laughed.

i did not want to get into an argument about our form of government. i understand how it works. when i said democracy, i just meant representation by the people, in that chambers represents those who elect him, and those are the only people he should be worried about. aren't republics just a form of democracy? i never really paid attention to such labels. i was more concerned about learning about communism, social libertarianism, anarchism, and how america is more of an empire than a republic.

well, hopefully this puts the feud behind us.

ok, i was mad at you, and others, for being so hard on chambers. now i really don't care.

also, i am glad you laughed.

i did not want to get into an argument about our form of government. i understand how it works. when i said democracy, i just meant representation by the people, in that chambers represents those who elect him, and those are the only people he should be worried about. aren't republics just a form of democracy? i never really paid attention to such labels. i was more concerned about learning about communism, social libertarianism, anarchism, and how america is more of an empire than a republic.

well, hopefully this puts the feud behind us.

Yeah I was pretty hard on Chambers and for that I apologize. I just get frustrated with the race card being used all the time, so that probably fueled the harsh things I said about him.

Republics are designed to keep the majority in check. It is really a good thing for minority groups. So it does have a lot in common with democracy and I was probably splitting hairs a little bit here. Because they are pretty similar in a lot of aspects, but a republic has other strong points that democracy does not have. The federalist papers really point out what our founding fathers wanted to get away from in a democracy.

I kind of go off when I hear we are a democracy and I didn't mean to offend you or anything sd'sker. If I did I apologize man. Lets get back to talking about our Huskers though :cheers

i was not offended, and i was genuinely interested in the differences between republics and democracies (i do understand the idea of majority with with minority rights and so forth, but never really had the differences articulated).

also, i appreciate your zealotry in defending the fact that we are a republic, it is an important distinction that should not be lost on Americans.

fwiw, i think it was great what SUH did for the university and think he is admirable for it.

Something like he was glad he had a big heart to with his peanut sized brain. Including how stupid he was to donate the funds to the university because the university and coaches wouldn't have made the money they are making without Suh. Oh I remember, he claimed what Suh did the same thing as a slave working on a cotton farm working for years and years and at the end giving back all of it to the white man (something like that). Oh and this was the best, he discussed how Suh won't have anywhere NEAR the success in the pro's that he had in college. There were other things but I was getting so pissed I passed out..........

OMG, i remember EC when i was a student many, many years ago.......he was a racist clown then and he still is, he is totally irrevelant and always has been, he is a freak!

When I saw this thread title on the board I intentionally stayed away. I knew that a thread about a black liberal in Nebraska would just turn into character assassinations. Huskerboard, you didn't disappoint!

I don't often agree with what he says but he is the most important politician Nebraska has had in my lifetime. He is truly a voice crying out in the wilderness. Most of the rest have just been conservative yes men. Very uninspired and irrelevant.

Although racially charged, were not his comments really about college athletes being exploited for $ by the university and the NCAA. I'm pretty sure we've discussed that in the past here and many of you were making the same point as Chambers (without the slave owner talk). Hmmm........idiot?

Oh, and, one of the biggest delusions we live under is that we live in a democracy. Republic all the way.

SD Husker gets +1 for standing up in this thing.

• Fire 1

When I saw this thread title on the board I intentionally stayed away. I knew that a thread about a black liberal in Nebraska would just turn into character assassinations. Huskerboard, you didn't disappoint!

I don't often agree with what he says but he is the most important politician Nebraska has had in my lifetime. He is truly a voice crying out in the wilderness. Most of the rest have just been conservative yes men. Very uninspired and irrelevant.

Although racially charged, were not his comments really about college athletes being exploited for $ by the university and the NCAA. I'm pretty sure we've discussed that in the past here and many of you were making the same point as Chambers (without the slave owner talk). Hmmm........idiot?

Oh, and, one of the biggest delusions we live under is that we live in a democracy. Republic all the way.

SD Husker gets +1 for standing up in this thing.

:facepalm:

That's not to be glossed over. The very reason people are down on Ernie Chambers is because he's a racist. Ignoring that is to ignore the very foundation of Chambers' career in the Unicam. It's like having an in-depth discussion of Husker athletics and not talking about the football program. Ignore that and you ignore the heart of everything Chambers did as a state senator.

It's OK to support a dissenter. Dissent is a tremendous freedom we are allowed. But not every dissenter is to be heralded simply because they dissent, nor is all dissent equal. A person who obstructs the legal process and costs taxpayers millions of dollars simply to be obstructive is not helping the political process. Glossing over Chambers' often unnecessary obstructions as some form of laudable "importance" is frankly laughable.

It is not enough simply to cry out in the wilderness - the message must be worthy, and it must be beneficial. Chambers' legacy can be summed up by looking at the state of his district today. He wasted so much time "fighting the man" that he let his district slide into abject poverty. Where was the legislation he introduced to help his constituents? How did his district prosper under his watch? All his dissent amounted to so much hot air, and his constituents suffered because instead of electing an advocate, they elected a self-aggrandizing blowhard.