ESPN is kidding - Right?

"Texas should never play on Thursday nights. That's for little programs that need the extra exposure." - Texas fans. (seriously.)

"Doesn't Texas play A&M on Thursday night every year that Thanksgiving is on a Thursday? I guess they need that 'extra exposure' every year..." -The Unsilent Majority

This is probably actually better for NU. NU/Texas almost has to been shown nationally on Saturday (assuming they both take care of business early in the season) because of the story lines plus the high rankings. NU/Kstate would have been regional coverage and no one would have seen it; now that it's a Thursday night game NU gets way better national coverage. Personally, I'm a little scared of that game with Texas looming in the near future and being there on a Thursday night, could be a tougher game than it should be. Also, it took away an extra week of preparation against Texas (NU originally had a bye that week), which scares me a little considering Texas has a bye that week.

Texas NEEDS that bye week. :restore

This is probably actually better for NU. NU/Texas almost has to been shown nationally on Saturday (assuming they both take care of business early in the season) because of the story lines plus the high rankings. NU/Kstate would have been regional coverage and no one would have seen it; now that it's a Thursday night game NU gets way better national coverage. Personally, I'm a little scared of that game with Texas looming in the near future and being there on a Thursday night, could be a tougher game than it should be. Also, it took away an extra week of preparation against Texas (NU originally had a bye that week), which scares me a little considering Texas has a bye that week.

Texas NEEDS that bye week. :restore

:koolaid2:

In mack's defense we do play them the week after the OU game and that's two prety tough oppents on only five days rest.

Texas has a bye week between the OU and NU games. So did Nebraska until they moved the KState game to Thursday Night.

Not exactly. The KSU game was originally scheduled for the 9th, and now it's on the 7th, 12 days after SDSU and 9 days before Texas.

"Texas should never play on Thursday nights. That's for little programs that need the extra exposure." - Texas fans. (seriously.)

"Doesn't Texas play A&M on Thursday night every year that Thanksgiving is on a Thursday? I guess they need that 'extra exposure' every year..." -The Unsilent Majority

To be honest big programs really dont play on thursday. You cannot compare a Thursday tthanksgiving game against there instate rivals to a conference game during the middle of the season. Texas, FL, Alambama, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, ETC do not play thursday night games. They play on Saturday. The Texas/Texas A&M game is a national game played on ABC not on ESPN 1, 2 or the OCHO.

Since Nebraska vs Texas is going to be on a Saturday, what do people think the chances are that College Game Day will be in Lincoln for the game? I imagine the game will be on ABC, and that Erin Andrews would be on the sidelines, so it would probably be THE game of the week.

I imagine the chances are pretty high. Since Nascar is on ABC that Saturday Night, it will either be a 2:30 game or a ESPN night game(which I prefer). Im sure ESPN/ABC and Big 12 are all over this game trying the kickoff time announced early.

To be honest big programs really dont play on thursday. You cannot compare a Thursday tthanksgiving game against there instate rivals to a conference game during the middle of the season. Texas, FL, Alambama, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, ETC do not play thursday night games. They play on Saturday. The Texas/Texas A&M game is a national game played on ABC not on ESPN 1, 2 or the OCHO.

I understand your point, but I disagree with the "big programs dont play on thursday." I think I remember USC getting punked by Oregon State one year in front of a Thursday night audience on ESPN. Florida State and the rest of the ACC are Thursday night regulars as well. I like the novelty of a Thursday night game, but dislike that I can't get ragingly drunk and not go to work the next day. :) I agree that the Texas-Nebraska game should not be played on a Thursday night. The top matchups should be saved for Saturday. Good matchups that aren't quite top-tiered, like Nebraska-Kansas State, are perfect for Thursday night IMO.

As I looked through teams that regularly schedule Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday night games they are teams that belong to the ACC, Big East and non BCS conferences. The SEC, BIG 10 and Big 12 do not schedule weekday games. Sure theses teams played during the week: Nebraska, West Virginia, Miami, Utah, Boise State, Colorado, Florida State but it can be argued that they were either striving to get to elite or back to elite status.

Since Nebraska vs Texas is going to be on a Saturday, what do people think the chances are that College Game Day will be in Lincoln for the game? I imagine the game will be on ABC, and that Erin Andrews would be on the sidelines, so it would probably be THE game of the week.

I took a look at the schedule for that week, and Texas vs Nebraska (given both teams are undefeated) is THE biggest game that weekend. There are some other nice games that will be going on, but we will probably be the two highest ranked teams going head to head that weekend.

I took a look at the schedule for that week, and Texas vs Nebraska (given both teams are undefeated) is THE biggest game that weekend. There are some other nice games that will be going on, but we will probably be the two highest ranked teams going head to head that weekend.

ESPN prob has this game already on their "ready" list. Even if one or both teams have loss, i still believe Gameday will come. If they do I'll be their camping out Friday Night to get in.

ESPN prob has this game already on their "ready" list. Even if one or both teams have loss, i still believe Gameday will come. If they do I'll be their camping out Friday Night to get in.

We also have to consider the story lines that will be surrounding this game. Nebraska is pissed about the Big 12 championship from last year and everybody knows it.