ISU Vs Nebraska

relevance-

For many years, NU:

hasn't won a conference championship, hasn't beaten a top ten team on the road, or at home, hasn't finished in the top ten nationally...

BTW- how does losing to a top ten team makes ANY team "relevant"?

Beating a top ten team.... another story.

again, the difference is - ISU doesn't claim to be relevant. Likely, never will be.

Yawn. So what's your point? Are you just trolling over here trying to cause problems?

Have a nice day. :)

the point...

some folks like to think NU is "back". Relevent again nationally.

I on the other hand, believe "back" means winning the b12, finishing a season or maybe even several in the top ten, beating a few top ten teams maybe even ON THE ROAD.... and maybe even do it in more than one season!

you can argue that is trolling if you want.

opinions vary.

I admit, I had my doubts about Bo initially, I thought NU was "settling" for less. I was a Paul Johnson advocate (I still like his option offense).

I think Bo CAN return NU to "relevance". But it hasn't happened yet. And it ain't gonna happen overnight.

Maybe some set the bar a little lower than I do.

relevance-

For many years, NU:

hasn't won a conference championship, hasn't beaten a top ten team on the road, or at home, hasn't finished in the top ten nationally...

BTW- how does losing to a top ten team makes ANY team "relevant"?

Beating a top ten team.... another story.

again, the difference is - ISU doesn't claim to be relevant. Likely, never will be.

Yawn. So what's your point? Are you just trolling over here trying to cause problems?

Have a nice day. :)

the point...

some folks like to think NU is "back". Relevent again nationally.

I on the other hand, believe "back" means winning the b12, finishing a season or maybe even several in the top ten, beating a few top ten teams maybe even ON THE ROAD.... and maybe even do it in more than one season!

you can argue that is trolling if you want.

opinions vary.

I admit, I had my doubts about Bo initially, I thought NU was "settling" for less. I was a Paul Johnson advocate (I still like his option offense).

I think Bo CAN return NU to "relevance". But it hasn't happened yet. And it ain't gonna happen overnight.

Maybe some set the bar a little lower than I do.

i don't think it has happened overnight...his first season we competed...last year we were an arms length away from great success...we are simply a pebble toss away from being really, really good again

I think "back" and "relevant" are different things. I would agree with your assessment of what it means to be back. But relevance, to me, means that we're discussed widely on a national stage, that we impact the landscape of college football globally, not just in our own conference or division. I would say that Nebraska is "relevant" in that we're talked about quite frequently, and being talked about in a very positive manner.

Whether that relevance is real or illusory will tell us whether we're back or not. I agree, and I think most anyone here would, that Nebraska has a LOT of proving to do.

• Fire 1

When I first read this thread my thoughts were "let them talk." They changed a bit now how can a team who scored 9 points 3 of which came off of a two yard drive consider the victory anything but a fluke. With all this not relevant talk I know it has already been said but playing in a NC gam in 01, as for not beating a top 10 team see the OU game from that same year.

When I first read this thread my thoughts were "let them talk." They changed a bit now how can a team who scored 9 points 3 of which came off of a two yard drive consider the victory anything but a fluke. With all this not relevant talk I know it has already been said but playing in a NC gam in 01, as for not beating a top 10 team see the OU game from that same year.

The real question is how the heck did ISU only score 9 points when we had 8 turnovers??? That is terrible....

Relevance and back can be argued all day with out agreement. But if your spending your time watching last years NU vs ISU game and can come away with the feeling that you will have the upper hand this year I want what your smokin.'

If you just landed here from another planet and watched that game with out seeing any of the scoring and none of the turnovers there is no way on earth you would come away thinking ISU won that game.

The stat line. tot. yds. ISU-239 NU-374. Now I agree neither are eye popping, buuuut, nuff said...

Now get those Clones relevant, as in top 10 material. So we in Huskerland can get that big win. hehehe

The real question is how the heck did ISU only score 9 points when we had 8 turnovers??? That is terrible....

simple answer really.

the clones suck.

with 8 turnovers, 374 yards of offense and only 7 points, nu sucked worse.