ISU Vs Nebraska

Fellas, fellas, can't we all be friends? If you cut us, do we all not bleed husker red?

What did you expect? This is the internet, right?

I expect good behavior. I expect people not to crack on Husker fans in general (specific Husker fans who act like asshats are OK). I expect the rules to be obeyed (this includes profanity in posts, no matter how edited) and I expect to not have to go out of my way to enforce these rules.

The rules will be enforced here. Guaranteed.

I said, "what did you expect?" in regards to your, "what did you expect?" but it doesn't matter. I'm not cracking on an entire fan base. I'm cracking on a specific part of a specific part (you know, the type of fan who uses a message board is a niche population to begin with) that simply cannot tolerate that there are teams in the big twelve that have forgotten how good we used to be and dare think they can beat us. I thought that was implied that there are relatively few of us relative to the number of Husker fans that actually post, and even fewer that will bother registering every time someone says something about Nebraska that they don't like. I guess not. I

I'm talking about the same troll on another board that others are, yet you chose to take issue with me. Just because I posted about, more or less, the same issue, just twice and at greater length, does not mean I am complaining about something different than anyone else in this thread. In any case, it seems rather oxymoronic that you suggest I should not complain about what I can't control, on a message board that exists for people to discuss and/or complain about things they can't control.

Go complain about it there. Clear enough?

Not really. This is a thread about a thread where some "Husker" is doing the exact same thing that I am complaining about. I feel no need to let the other fanbase know that, "that's not the Husker way." There are plenty of other people that will do that for me. I am really surprised you would make such a big deal about what was supposed to be nothing more than a lamentation.

Sometimes I just want to read other fan's assessment of their own team without it turning into a trollfest of Husker fans being upset the other team doesn't understand that winning is our birthright. Why don't they get it????

Phog, Tigerboard, everywhere except the UT boards for some reason... Wonder why that is...

Hi, I'm the Internet. Nice to meet you. :facepalm:

It's like you're new to message boards with comments like these. The idiots you're talking about exist everywhere.

And have you missed our visitors here in the past few years? For every decent, respectful visitor we have at least one if not several trolls. You act like this is a Husker Fan phenomenon.

I've been trolling message boards since before you hooked your hamster up to his wheel and got your string and two cups connected, pops. I'm telling you, I don't give a sh#t about anyone else's message boards other than the Big 12's, if nothing else due to the fact I use them for my own education, and it's a dumb to waste too much time reading other people's opinions in the first place. Go over to Tigerboard (oh wait, you are) and look at the amount of red NU next to every post, then compare it to the attitude and frequency of posting here. Not even in the same ballpark, you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. "Oh quick, someone said Chase Daniels is better than Tommy Frazier, we better rally the troops!" There's a reason a ton of those posts pop up over there these days, and it's because they are on the surest way to get your red boxers in a knot.

I had a much longer response, but I edited it to this, especially since I noticed that you commented on some of the things I mentioned in my post, but hadn't seen that you had posted.

You have a pencil, the kid across the room has a baseball bat. Who is more likely to approach who with confrontation? That pretty much sums up this whole convo.

Sometimes I just want to read other fan's assessment of their own team without it turning into a trollfest of Husker fans being upset the other team doesn't understand that winning is our birthright. Why don't they get it????

Phog, Tigerboard, everywhere except the UT boards for some reason... Wonder why that is...

It's like you're new to message boards with comments like these. The idiots you're talking about exist everywhere.

And have you missed our visitors here in the past few years? For every decent, respectful visitor we have at least one if not several trolls. You act like this is a Husker Fan phenomenon.

I've been trolling message boards since before you hooked your hamster up to his wheel and got your string and two cups connected, pops. I'm telling you, I don't give a sh#t about anyone else's message boards other than the Big 12's, if nothing else due to the fact I use them for my own education, and it's a dumb to waste too much time reading other people's opinions in the first place. Go over to Tigerboard (oh wait, you are) and look at the amount of red NU next to every post, then compare it to the attitude and frequency of posting here. Not even in the same ballpark, you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. "Oh quick, someone said Chase Daniels is better than Tommy Frazier, we better rally the troops!" There's a reason a ton of those posts pop up over there these days, and it's because they are on the surest way to get your red boxers in a knot.

Ok, here is what I think about all of this.

1) You act like you are surprised by the actions of a very SMALL (yes, very small) portion of NU posters that post on boards like TB, netbuffs, etc. I frequent those boards regularly, and in all of my time there I see maybe 5-10 regular Nebraska posters. Why? Because for many, there is a superiority complex over them. If you have something else to hold over somebody's head, you are more likely to approach them than they are to approach you. It's very similar to what happened when Missouri lost to us earlier this year. With the exception of Fro Daddy, every single Missouri poster that was posting here left. It's nothing new to the internet world.

2) Why don't Nebraska fans travel to UT boards? Well, isn't it kind of obvious? The same rules that apply to Nebraska posters going over to Missouri boards apply to Nebraska posters not going over to UT boards. They have the upper-hand on us right now with scoreboard or what have you. Now, I'm obviously not saying that there aren't some fans who will talk football with them regardless of what happened in the previous season, but there aren't as many who will do so.

In summation, I have two final thoughts. First, you shouldn't base your entire argument on the small portion of Husker fans that go to opponent boards. Let them do what they want to do. Everybody knows that TB and netbuffs are not the best places to go for football talk. They're hectic and full of mayhem, and it's more or less a joke site than anything else.

Second, I'll finish with an analogy. You have a pencil, the kid across the room has a baseball bat. Who is more likely to approach who with confrontation? That pretty much sums up this whole convo.

1) Not surprised. I don't know where you got the surprised part from all of that. Regardless, message boards are really no different than going to the bar or a coffee shop any time during the last two decades (edited from years, oops). Fun or annoying depending on the company you keep/who you have to listen to in the booth next to you.

2) It was a rhetorical question. Should have been obvious.

3) I'll add three. I made no argument whatsoever. Others chose to turn an offhand remark into one. Not my problem.

Enhance, you done with finals yet? I'm sure not, and this thread is keeping me from studying. :ahhhhhhhh

Egh, you kidding? I have a final at 10:00 in the morning and here I am lol.

Luckily, none of my finals are cumulative and they are all based off of similar tests we have had throughout the year. I studied minimally for each of those and averaged a B+. So, I must admit that I will be approaching these in a similar, procrastinating way. :koolaid2:

1) You act like you are surprised by the actions of a very SMALL (yes, very small) portion of NU posters that post on boards like TB, netbuffs, etc. I frequent those boards regularly, and in all of my time there I see maybe 5-10 regular Nebraska posters. Why? Because for many, there is a superiority complex over them. If you have something else to hold over somebody's head, you are more likely to approach them than they are to approach you. It's very similar to what happened when Missouri lost to us earlier this year. With the exception of Fro Daddy, every single Missouri poster that was posting here left. It's nothing new to the internet world.

2) Why don't Nebraska fans travel to UT boards? Well, isn't it kind of obvious? The same rules that apply to Nebraska posters going over to Missouri boards apply to Nebraska posters not going over to UT boards. They have the upper-hand on us right now with scoreboard or what have you. Now, I'm obviously not saying that there aren't some fans who will talk football with them regardless of what happened in the previous season, but there aren't as many who will do so.

In summation, I have two final thoughts. First, you shouldn't base your entire argument on the small portion of Husker fans that go to opponent boards. Let them do what they want to do. Everybody knows that TB and netbuffs are not the best places to go for football talk. They're hectic and full of mayhem, and it's more or less a joke site than anything else.

Second, I'll finish with an analogy. You have a pencil, the kid across the room has a baseball bat. Who is more likely to approach who with confrontation? That pretty much sums up this whole convo.

1) Not surprised. I don't know where you got the surprised part from all of that. Regardless, message boards are really no different than going to the bar or a coffee shop any time during the last two years. Fun or annoying depending on the company you keep/who you have to listen to in the booth next to you.

3) I'll add three. I made no argument whatsoever. Others chose to turn an offhand remark into one. Not my problem.

Well if it isn't a problem, then why are we arguing about it? People will do what they want to do. It's rather mundane to bicker amongst ourselves in regards to a rather pointless topic, regardless of what others turned it in to.

Enhance, you done with finals yet? I'm sure not, and this thread is keeping me from studying. :ahhhhhhhh

Luckily, none of my finals are cumulative and they are all based off of similar tests we have had throughout the year. I studied minimally for each of those and averaged a B+. So, I must admit that I will be approaching these in a similar, procrastinating way. :koolaid2:

Would you believe that I've been through 2 full-time years at college and had 0 cumulative finals? Not helping my long term studay habits... <_<

1) Not surprised. I don't know where you got the surprised part from all of that. Regardless, message boards are really no different than going to the bar or a coffee shop any time during the last two years. Fun or annoying depending on the company you keep/who you have to listen to in the booth next to you.

Well if it isn't a problem, then why are we arguing about it? People will do what they want to do. It's rather mundane to bicker amongst ourselves in regards to a rather pointless topic, regardless of what others turned it in to.

Not bickering, or arguing. I suffer from Abrasive Typing Syndrome. Symptoms including using curt and/or abrupt language making other people mad because emotion or tone of voice is not properly conveyed via text and showing hostility towards offensive use of emoticons. Usually results in patient not being understood at all. It's the reason I lurk for a long time before I start posting somewhere.

Would you believe that I've been through 2 full-time years at college and had 0 cumulative finals? Not helping my long term studay habits... <_<

Well I won't knock on UNO, but I have definitely noticed (from my buddies that went there) that they do nowhere near the homework I do and they study significantly less than I do. I've been invited to three parties this week from those guys, and it's finals week. Who does that?

I've only had one cumulative final and that was in a math class. There might have been one other mixed in there. Oh well, we can suffer through UNL together next year.

Well I won't knock on UNO, but I have definitely noticed (from my buddies that went there) that they do nowhere near the homework I do and they study significantly less than I do. I've been invited to three parties this week from those guys, and it's finals week. Who does that?

I've only had one cumulative final and that was in a math class. There might have been one other mixed in there. Oh well, we can suffer through UNL together next year.

A KNOCK ON UNO?! That' new. :sarcasm

UNO is kinda like an fancy overpriced CC

ps Screw UNO, in case that wasn't projected

It makes me laugh a little bit on the inside, knowing that this game to some ISU fans, is what the Arizona game was to NU last year.

We rewatch the Arizona game because of excellent defense, a pretty darn good offensive performance, and a thoroughly good coaching effort.

The ISU fans that rewatch this game cannot be overly confident in anything other than tenaciousness and heart. Both of which were in abundance, along with one of the worst cases of butter fingers I have ever seen. For a fan to be proud, let alone encouraged/have optimism by the NU/ISU game (a fan of either side) is both delusional and silly.

A KNOCK ON UNO?! That' new. :sarcasm

UNO is kinda like an fancy overpriced CC

ps Screw UNO, in case that wasn't projected

Really? Even my fancy low priced MCC education taught me the proper use of the word an. :)