DT Jeff Worthy

Ummmm, you are getting tired with trusting the coaches when it comes to recruiting?

Dude, why? We have no reason to beleive that they dont know what they are doing. Wait until/if they f#*k up, then dont trust them. Dont be so cynical man.

Read the post 'dude'. I never said I was getting tired of trusting the coaches. To sum it up since you probably won't take the time, or can't comprehend it anyway - I said I get tired of someone trying to argue their point with "trust the coaches". That in no way contributes to the discussion. I'm quite confident that every single person here trusts the coaches (at least about 99% of the time anyway) - so you don't need to tell me you trust the coaches...I already know that. It just get's old every time someone mentions anything negative about a recruit seeing the same "insightful" theory of "trust the coaches" offered up, which usually just kills the discussion anyway...and the discussion is the point of a board and forum. If it was just about facts and updates we'd have a news feed.

Fair enough. I'm just not concerned with the amount of offers we dole out a year. So long as the staff meets their scholarship numbers at the end of each recruiting cycle, then it's all good. In other words, the end result is what matters most to me.

I can't question the staff's recruiting system because I have no clue what their system entails? I'm obviously not privy to it. I can't even pretend to know how they go about it. I can guess with the best of you, but that's about it.

As far as how the staff evaluates talent? That's a whole other animal. Again, I'm not going to pretend to know what the staff looks for when it comes to the finer details of breaking down recruiting film. I'm not a scout and scouting talent is not my area of expertise.

To sum it up, I don't question the staff on these matters because I haven't the first clue how to fairly critique something that I have no experience with? And I'm okay with that. I'd much rather be a fan and just accept my role as such.

so...what you're saying is you "trust the coaches" :)

Ummmm, you are getting tired with trusting the coaches when it comes to recruiting?

Dude, why? We have no reason to beleive that they dont know what they are doing. Wait until/if they f#*k up, then dont trust them. Dont be so cynical man.

Read the post 'dude'. I never said I was getting tired of trusting the coaches. To sum it up since you probably won't take the time, or can't comprehend it anyway - I said I get tired of someone trying to argue their point with "trust the coaches". That in no way contributes to the discussion. I'm quite confident that every single person here trusts the coaches (at least about 99% of the time anyway) - so you don't need to tell me you trust the coaches...I already know that. It just get's old every time someone mentions anything negative about a recruit seeing the same "insightful" theory of "trust the coaches" offered up, which usually just kills the discussion anyway...and the discussion is the point of a board and forum. If it was just about facts and updates we'd have a news feed.

Wow did you go internet tough guy on me? classic.

Ummm, if you already know that we (yourself included) trust the coaches, then why are you not trusting the coaches?

Don't get me wrong, I know what you are trying to say, you just dont know how to say it. Look, you finding fault with a recruit or something negative with a recruit means probably close to nothing because we can assume you have no experience with finding recruits or coaching. I could be wrong though.

I have coached football for 10 years now and I still find it very very hard to predict how younger players will develop as they grow and mature. But I can read 100 posts on here with lots of "experts" telling me how a kid plays with his hips high, or doesnt "explode" off the ball." Its like everyone here is a college coach.

Input is one thing and opinion is one thing but if you trust the staff like you claim then I would imagine your "issues" with a player would go away until a later date when/if they dont pan out.

Now, since you just got smacked around a bit I am going to assume you will be bitter and jaded but instead of ruining this thread with that bitterness just PM if you still want to tell me something. If not, then lets just drop it. It is usually annoying when people consider their own opinion as "insightful" and "adding to the discussion" when it is really just a chance to spout off and pretend like they know something about a kids ability to play from a 3 minute video.

Ummm, if you already know that we (yourself included) trust the coaches, then why are you not trusting the coaches?

Don't get me wrong, I know what you are trying to say, you just dont know how to say it. Look, you finding fault with a recruit or something negative with a recruit means probably close to nothing because we can assume you have no experience with finding recruits or coaching. I could be wrong though.

I have coached football for 10 years now and I still find it very very hard to predict how younger players will develop as they grow and mature. But I can read 100 posts on here with lots of "experts" telling me how a kid plays with his hips high, or doesnt "explode" off the ball." Its like everyone here is a college coach.

Input is one thing and opinion is one thing but if you trust the staff like you claim then I would imagine your "issues" with a player would go away until a later date when/if they dont pan out.

Now, since you just got smacked around a bit I am going to assume you will be bitter and jaded but instead of ruining this thread with that bitterness just PM if you still want to tell me something. If not, then lets just drop it. It is usually annoying when people consider their own opinion as "insightful" and "adding to the discussion" when it is really just a chance to spout off and pretend like they know something about a kids ability to play from a 3 minute video.

Well I mean we are all Nebraska fans...the best, most knowledgeable fans in the country :facepalm::laughpound

2nd bolded part, didn't the Cleveland Browns just sign someone from Canada after watching a 3 minute youtube video. I watched it to and he's going to be starting day one :sarcasm:lol:

Well I mean we are all Nebraska fans...the best, most knowledgeable fans in the country :facepalm::laughpound

2nd bolded part, didn't the Cleveland Browns just sign someone from Canada after watching a 3 minute youtube video. I watched it to and he's going to be starting day one :sarcasm:lol:

:cheers

That is a funny post!!

I saw that thing about the browns too, signing that former hockey player who turned out to be like 6'7 350 pounds!

I guess we really do have the most intelligent fans ever, i totally forgot that! :sarcasm

I'd like you to read the thread and find the point in here where I offered up an opinion on Worthy's ability to play football. I was merely commenting on Vince's opinions and that of others. I guess anyone that doesn't put forth a completely supportive comment of a recruit just isn't trusting the coaches and should stfu.

KC, I think you even went as far as to offer an opinion on how the staff should recruit and how many offers they should send out.

Anyway, its cool, I am sure neither of us really care about bickering in the end. I imagine we both think the staff is doing a very good job and only getting better.

KC, I think you even went as far as to offer an opinion on how the staff should recruit and how many offers they should send out.

Anyway, its cool, I am sure neither of us really care about bickering in the end. I imagine we both think the staff is doing a very good job and only getting better.

Hmmm...where was that at? At what point did I say how many offers they should send out? I said how many offers they DID send out last year because Rivals turned off the count (which was very useful so not really sure why they did that). That I confess. The other stuff is just you making assumptions and twisting things into something they aren't.

I'm done though - I give up on this one. Before you know it you'll find something I said and turn it into me saying our coaches hate puppies, touch little boys or some other obscure stretch of the imagination. :facepalm:

Hmmm...where was that at? At what point did I say how many offers they should send out? I said how many offers they DID send out last year because Rivals turned off the count (which was very useful so not really sure why they did that). That I confess. The other stuff is just you making assumptions and twisting things into something they aren't.

I'm done though - I give up on this one. Before you know it you'll find something I said and turn it into me saying our coaches hate puppies, touch little boys or some other obscure stretch of the imagination. :facepalm:

Good thinking, I give up too.

Fair enough. I'm just not concerned with the amount of offers we dole out a year. So long as the staff meets their scholarship numbers at the end of each recruiting cycle, then it's all good. In other words, the end result is what matters most to me.

I can't question the staff's recruiting system because I have no clue what their system entails? I'm obviously not privy to it. I can't even pretend to know how they go about it. I can guess with the best of you, but that's about it.

As far as how the staff evaluates talent? That's a whole other animal. Again, I'm not going to pretend to know what the staff looks for when it comes to the finer details of breaking down recruiting film. I'm not a scout and scouting talent is not my area of expertise.

To sum it up, I don't question the staff on these matters because I haven't the first clue how to fairly critique something that I have no experience with? And I'm okay with that. I'd much rather be a fan and just accept my role as such.

so...what you're saying is you "trust the coaches" :)

:o

What gave it away?

;)

I really hope we steal him away from the west coast, he look like a very promising prospect. LIke I said beofre even if he was plying aganst lower lever compettion he absolutly dominated that class (19 sacks is mind blowing.)

I really hope we steal him away from the west coast, he look like a very promising prospect. LIke I said beofre even if he was plying aganst lower lever compettion he absolutly dominated that class (19 sacks is mind blowing.)

Not sure if it's been posted anywhere but Jeff has been offered by ASU and Minnesota within the last few days.

• Fire 1

Not sure if it's been posted anywhere but Jeff has been offered by ASU and Minnesota within the last few days.

Thanks for the update. :thumbs