DT Jeff Worthy

New update:

Since UCLA hasn't offered and other schools have is making Worthy think more about playing somewhere else like in the Big 12 conference with Nebraska. According to Worthy about Nebraska this is what he had to say, "Thats a legit school right there."

Tradition at Nebraska is what stands out and Nebraska is all about football, football, and football.

Notre Dame, Iowa, and Hawaii are expected to visit his school sometime this month. So Cal, Arkansas, and TCU are showing interest and could make Worthy's decision more difficult.

Would it matter where in LH? its a small northern OC city. I had no idea this kid attended camps, i was basing it off his level of competition. My Point being that OC isnt known for producing elite talent besides qbs and Whittier Christian is a terrible football school. I cant remember anyone coming out of there. So thats where this is stemming from. The kid looks great on film but he's going against offensive lineman who are 6ft and 245 lbs. everyone in that division or even that area is incredibly undersized. id' have to see him up close.

Not trying to come off rude, but im trying to stress how shocking it is to hear anyone from that school getting offered by an elite program, it blows my mind lol

Vince, I think you might be looking at recruiting from a fans point of view. I think this is what most of us do, we see a kid who rushed for 2000 yards and we are shocked he didnt get an offer, or we see a big muscle bound kid not get an offer and are shocked.

The thing is, coaches are looking at the future and how a kid will be once they get their hands on him. I think that is the hardest part of recruiting, is you are basically trying predict the future.

In this kids case there is a thought that he is pushing around kids that are tiny and weak and that the football they are playing sucks. That might all be true, but the staff seems to think that he has something special about it.

Id hope you're right. its just hard falling in love with a prospect that has a lot of question marks. obviously every hs player does but in this case, its hard to project him. Like i said the good thing is, he was obviously recruited. Another thing to add. Servite is about ten min away from me and they are the top dog out of the private schools. suprised he didnt go there especially if he knew he was D1 good.

those are great stats but put him against, servite, mater dei, POLY, Lakewood, etc then talk to me, cause those numbers arent happening

Other than you being familiar with La Habra and its surrounding area, 5 of your first 6 posts are in this thread. It just seems like you're finding ways to discredit this kid? Or am I just imagining it?

I ask because isn't it enough that the staff likes what they see and feel that they can coach him up at the next level like teachercd mentioned in his post?

Look i understand that this kid could just put me and my opinion to shame. If he's the next all american than i would be happy for the guy and shame on me. but I know what im talking about when i say i have some doubt, at least a bit. I wouldnt expect you guys to understand because you dont live where i live and dont understand the situation in this area when it comes to competition. Now i dont know about his camps. if hes tearing them up then maybe i should look into that. Over here, you cannot put D1 prospect and Whittier Christian Football in the same sentence without having doubt, let alone Nebraska offering him. Just like that Aaron B. kid from La Mirada. which is also two min away. the kid plays in division 10 which is not even competitive to anyone past div 6. Do i have faith in the staff yes? but with this one, im not so sure.

One more thing to that, everyone gets this idea that california is this gold mine for talent when in actuality its slighlty overrated. You'll get your 3 top qbs but then its starts to shrink.

the rich areas are LA/Long beach, Riverside/ desert area, and Corona region. SD county is inconsistent and up north has its years but still not elite. OC is a qb area. with some talent sprinkled here and there, northern oc..mediocre at best and is home to some of the lower divisions.

Look i understand that this kid could just put me and my opinion to shame. If he's the next all american than i would be happy for the guy and shame on me. but I know what im talking about when i say i have some doubt, at least a bit. I wouldnt expect you guys to understand because you dont live where i live and dont understand the situation in this area when it comes to competition. Now i dont know about his camps. if hes tearing them up then maybe i should look into that. Over here, you cannot put D1 prospect and Whittier Christian Football in the same sentence without having doubt, let alone Nebraska offering him. Just like that Aaron B. kid from La Mirada. which is also two min away. the kid plays in division 10 which is not even competitive to anyone past div 6. Do i have faith in the staff yes? but with this one, im not so sure.

This is just one of those instances where you either have faith in the staff or you don't. In your case you've made it clear that you're skeptical, and that's your prerogative.

I know I'm not in any position to argue with Bo, Carl, Ek, Marvin and JP when it comes to scouting potential defensive recruits. Are you? They obviously have faith in their ability to coach these kids up or else they wouldn't offer them.

I am not saying that Poppa K is in anyway related to Jeff Worthy, but I think that Poppa K might kinda know him.

:laughpound

Guilty....but not related. And those comments were with the head, not the heart. SC and Orgeron were on campus to see him today, 5/5...no joke.

One more thing to that, everyone gets this idea that california is this gold mine for talent when in actuality its slighlty overrated. You'll get your 3 top qbs but then its starts to shrink.

the rich areas are LA/Long beach, Riverside/ desert area, and Corona region. SD county is inconsistent and up north has its years but still not elite. OC is a qb area. with some talent sprinkled here and there, northern oc..mediocre at best and is home to some of the lower divisions.

First off, WC is not the lowest division in Socal. And if you look at thier games, they played big public schools most noteably Arroyo and Baldwin Park (both wins). Secondly Vince, Worthy got "noticed", not at WC games, but at camps where he went against the kind of kids you're talking about. Just last week he was at the NIKE camp at USC and won 6 of 7 one on ones. There were kids from ALL over the county there. That's why he's getting noticed coupled with his highlight film, his size and speed and upside. You're choosing to focus on one small aspect of the deal - where he played. Again with all due respect, thats a little narrow minded.

like i said before, its not complete doubt, the situation could be a freak one and he somehow got recruited and convinced to go to Whittier Christian. Its that bad...especially when servite is down the road. The possibility of this being a good player looking great cause of competition is decent. My point being fools gold. I hope he's great. i hope our staff is right. all im saying if there is one that i could look at and say wait a minute then it would be this one. along with Aaron at La Mirada. i think anyone in the country would fall in love with those numbers and give him a look so im not suprised about USC. thats fine. but look ive seen the top dogs in cali play. Lakewood, Poly, mater dei, coronoa centenniel, mission viejo, OLU, De La Salle, all of them. They've had some special players and those numbers are freakish and dont happen in their divisions. look at his tape, hes absolutely mad handling every single lineman, and making them look like rag dolls. Obviously hes a good player, but i think the whole california perception might have people all excited when they dont know about the situation. and the whole coaches being right on everything, cmon give me a break you're gonna tell me that they're right 100%? most of the time sure, but this one has the potential to be the one.

remember bronson marsh was a very good qb in the state of nebraska but now they dont even want him to play qb and he has good enough measurables.

ok off the top of my head im not sure what the lowest division is but they're close. Look you guys would be skeptical in the state of nebraska and so would everyone else if a d lineman played in one of the lowest divisions and dominated. I love his measurables, and speed. no question about it. Nike camps are great but i know a lot of kids who couldnt play at san diego st and went to those camps so im not too sold on that one. You would have to throw this kid in the elite all star game in california to prove to me he is "Worthy" of this attention.

Look its not that i want to hate and bash on this kid, i want him to be great and hope nothing but the best for him. i hate being proved wrong but i would love for this staff and this kid to do that. I'm rooting for him now. But id probably take the other guys on the board first

like i said before, its not complete doubt, the situation could be a freak one and he somehow got recruited and convinced to go to Whittier Christian. Its that bad...especially when servite is down the road. The possibility of this being a good player looking great cause of competition is decent. My point being fools gold. I hope he's great. i hope our staff is right. all im saying if there is one that i could look at and say wait a minute then it would be this one. along with Aaron at La Mirada. i think anyone in the country would fall in love with those numbers and give him a look so im not suprised about USC. thats fine. but look ive seen the top dogs in cali play. Lakewood, Poly, mater dei, coronoa centenniel, mission viejo, OLU, De La Salle, all of them. They've had some special players and those numbers are freakish and dont happen in their divisions. look at his tape, hes absolutely mad handling every single lineman, and making them look like rag dolls. Obviously hes a good player, but i think the whole california perception might have people all excited when they dont know about the situation. and the whole coaches being right on everything, cmon give me a break you're gonna tell me that they're right 100%? most of the time sure, but this one has the potential to be the one.

remember bronson marsh was a very good qb in the state of nebraska but now they dont even want him to play qb and he has good enough measurables.

The Bronson Marsh situation was a last minute signing. They made it clear from the beginning that he wouldn't be playing QB and would use him as an ATH. Very different scenario.