DT Jeff Worthy

UCLA is showing him a lot of interest too, but haven't offered him yet. They say he's an "under-the-radar" kid because of the small division that he plays in. Now that Nebraska has offered him, I expect his offers list to blow up from here on out.

I live in Whittier and heard from a family member(through a friend of mine) he favors UCLA. If UCLA offers than he may choose to go there. This school is not a powerhouse but it is a very good school and costs some coin to go to, like any other private school.

I can find out more and will let everyone know if we are close.

UCLA is showing him a lot of interest too, but haven't offered him yet. They say he's an "under-the-radar" kid because of the small division that he plays in. Now that Nebraska has offered him, I expect his offers list to blow up from here on out.

I live in Whittier and heard from a family member(through a friend of mine) he favors UCLA. If UCLA offers than he may choose to go there. This school is not a powerhouse but it is a very good school and costs some coin to go to, like any other private school.

I've heard the same, although I will keep my sourse to myself. Washington State offerd last night and AZ was on campus today - Wednesday. From what I'm told an offer will come by Monday.

Yes, UCLA is Jeff's dream school but the Husker offer has CHANGED everything. It's 50/50 now. Stay tuned.

That's cool. UCLA is a great school in a great location, education, and a div-1 football program. I'd choose to go there, given the choice (but football isn't my priority, so)...but Nebraska is good old fashioned hard knock football. In any case it's pretty sweet that the Husker offer changed everything...that's what we fans like to hear!

I've heard the same, although I will keep my sourse to myself. Washington State offerd last night and AZ was on campus today - Wednesday. From what I'm told an offer will come by Monday.

Yes, UCLA is Jeff's dream school but the Husker offer has CHANGED everything. It's 50/50 now. Stay tuned.

==

Sounds like we have a few sources that are in the know. I like it if we are 50/50. If it is down to UCLA/Nebraska, we at least have a shot. I just don't like the hat deal and I want kids to make a decision and not string it out to signing day. If he commits to NU, I will be attending some home games/home stadium games this year, if he doesn't and chooses somewhere else, I will wish him well.

Playing D Line at NU is back in the national college football news. Suh and now Crick, if Crick gets good press it will hopefully help push this recruit to NU. Last year we had a great D and Suh and only finished 14th in the country, this year we are starting in the top 10 and have the potential of being a top 5 school. This should help in recruiting!!!

Would it matter where in LH? its a small northern OC city. I had no idea this kid attended camps, i was basing it off his level of competition. My Point being that OC isnt known for producing elite talent besides qbs and Whittier Christian is a terrible football school. I cant remember anyone coming out of there. So thats where this is stemming from. The kid looks great on film but he's going against offensive lineman who are 6ft and 245 lbs. everyone in that division or even that area is incredibly undersized. id' have to see him up close.

Not trying to come off rude, but im trying to stress how shocking it is to hear anyone from that school getting offered by an elite program, it blows my mind lol

Got word today that Turner Gill visited Worthy this week and made him an offer. So the offers are starting to pile up. Scout is saying the Boise State has offered, (5/18/10). Offer list has grown to 6 on Scout and 7 if you count the possible Kansas offer that should be public very soon.

JEFF WORTHY, DT, 6-5, 275, 5.0, LA HABRA (WHITTIER), CALIFORNIA

Worthy Likes NU's D-Line Success

"I like Nebraska they are beginning to grow on me. They produced that tackle (Ndamukong Suh), so I know they can produce a (DL) prospect to the NFL and I think Nebraska can make me an impact player. It's real exciting that Coach (Carl) Pelini and (Marvin) Sanders is recruiting me." Worthy said

"I'm willing to leave the area," Worthy said. "My goal in life is the NFL. Nebraska produces NFL prospects I'm definitely considering them."

Compared To Suh

"Nebraska was impressed with my highlight tape; they told me I have good hip flexibility. They thought I was quick and reminded them of Suh so that was pretty exciting. When I talked to Coach Carl Pelini on the phone that's when he offered me and told me I remind him of Suh. I was honored to hear that." Worthy said

"Nebraska is really going to be good this year. They might have a shot at the National Championship. Their defense will be really good, I don't know who is going to fill that D-Tackle spot but they better put someone in there good." Worthy said

UCLA Dream School

"I like UCLA they are my dream school because I grew up in Los Angeles. I've always wanted to be on that team. If they offered me I wouldn't commit right away. UCLA invited me to their camp June 6 so I'm pretty sure they are going to offer me that day or that week." Worthy said

"I like the coaches (UCLA) Chuck Bullough and Todd Howard we have a good relationship going. I like how they run their defense." Worthy said

"I've been to four games at UCLA last year," Worthy said. "The Rose Bowl is amazing probably one of the biggest stages to play football at. Pasadena is real nice Westwood is even better." Worthy said

Trojans Interested

"I hear from USC, I like them a lot they have a lot of tradition and they are legitimate. Coach Orgeron came by my school and talked to my coach. If USC offers I will take an unofficial because they are local, so I don't have to fly and stuff." Worthy said

"Oregon State came by my school they want me to go to their camp in June. Oregon State likes to see you right in front before they offer, so I might get an offer at camp. Oregon State produces a lot of defensive tackles and their defensive line coach (Joe Seumalo) is unbelievable." Worthy said

Visited Texas Schools

"TCU has shown some interest they usually recruit Texas. On their roster there are only three California kids and the rest is from Texas. I went over to TCU over spring break when I was staying with my uncle who lives in Keller." Worthy said

"I loved TCU the school is small the classes are like 25 kids when you get your major and that's a kind of school I go to now. The campus is amazing." Worthy said

"The main thing I liked about SMU is their football program; the program is on a rise. They won the Hawaii Bowl last year and I think they (SMU) have a great team." Worthy said

"Boise State came down to my school they are hyped up about me. Boise State wants me to go to camp in June most likely will offer then." Worthy said

"I'm looking for a school that I feel like home. Feel like living there and big chance to make it to the NFL." Worthy said

LINK

Has a top 3

1. Nebraska 2. Boise State 3. Oregon State

Nebraska is his clear favorite because Pelini has coached and developed great defensive lineman in Glenn Dorsey and Ndamukong Suh

It'll get real interesting if and when UCLA offers him.