joining big10 coference... would it hurt are recruiting?

For the sake of perspective, as of today, I've counted the following in 2011 offers so far:

26 Texas Offers

15 Big Ten Offers

6 Big East Offers

33 ACC/SEC Offers

10 Big 12 Offers (minus Texas)

19 Pac-10/WAC/MWC Offers

Can someone explain why we would not be able to recruit Texas? I think adding quality Big 10 teams to the schedule would actually help recruiting and help get more from Texas. If a Texas recruit agrees to play at NU, I think it has little to do with if we belong to the Big 12 and have some games in Texas.

Not only will ever game you play at NU be a sell out, we get to travel and beat up on Michigan, Penn St, Iowa and Ohio State. That sounds a lot better than home and away games with Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State and Colorado.

Bo is now able to recruit nationally, so Texas is only part of the puzzle. I think we don't lose Texas if we go to the Big 10. Thoughts???

• Fire 1

For the sake of perspective, as of today, I've counted the following in 2011 offers so far:

26 Texas Offers

15 Big Ten Offers

6 Big East Offers

33 ACC/SEC Offers

19 Pac-10/WAC/MWC Offers

Just for clarification, these are our offers in the Big Ten region, Big East region, etc??

Yes

26 Texas Offers

15 Big Ten Offers

6 Big East Offers

33 ACC/SEC Offers

19 Pac-10/WAC/MWC Offers

Just for clarification, these are our offers in the Big Ten region, Big East region, etc??

Yes

No way. You're saying that we've made 33 offers in the ACC/SEC area, and only 10 in OK, MO, IA, KS and NEBRASKA?? And we've made over 100 offers for 2011? Or does "our" offers means something other the Nebraska Huskers?

These have got to be the number of offers that all schools in these conferences have made, with no bearing on where the kids are from. Very little relevance to the conversation except that we can see that Texas cherry picks some very good talent early, though the leave those who want to go elsewhere, are good enough to make a difference, or that Texas has misjudged.

26 Texas Offers

15 Big Ten Offers

6 Big East Offers

33 ACC/SEC Offers

19 Pac-10/WAC/MWC Offers

Yes

No way. You're saying that we've made 33 offers in the ACC/SEC area, and only 10 in OK, MO, IA, KS and NEBRASKA?? And we've made over 100 offers for 2011? Or does "our" offers means something other the Nebraska Huskers?

These have got to be the number of offers that all schools in these conferences have made, with no bearing on where the kids are from. Very little relevance to the conversation except that we can see that Texas cherry picks some very good talent early, though the leave those who want to go elsewhere, are good enough to make a difference, or that Texas has misjudged.

See this map.

26 Texas Offers

15 Big Ten Offers

6 Big East Offers

33 ACC/SEC Offers

19 Pac-10/WAC/MWC Offers

Can someone explain why we would not be able to recruit Texas? I think adding quality Big 10 teams to the schedule would actually help recruiting and help get more from Texas. If a Texas recruit agrees to play at NU, I think it has little to do with if we belong to the Big 12 and have some games in Texas.

Not only will ever game you play at NU be a sell out, we get to travel and beat up on Michigan, Penn St, Iowa and Ohio State. That sounds a lot better than home and away games with Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State and Colorado.

Bo is now able to recruit nationally, so Texas is only part of the puzzle. I think we don't lose Texas if we go to the Big 10. Thoughts???

I don't think anyone is saying this at all. I certainly am not. If we leave the Big 12, our recruiting won't change much. We'll still go after Texas, Cali, Florida kids like we do now.