WR Curt Evans

Just watched the highlights.

The play at 1:02, were they playing the Little Giants? :facepalm: Those guys are terrible.

duke?

South FLorida?

Vandy?

WV?

i say we dont land the kid as having these guys listed as high along with Nebraska already shows me he's lacking some common sense........

My be an academic risk as well.

It says on his rivals profile he has a 3.5 GPA. Which is definatly god enough to get into Nebraska. Duke and Vandy are very good academic schools.

:facepalm: I think we have established that recruits, parents, friends and siblings could read this board or other message boards. Commenting on weak schools and or GPA is way wrong. :ahhhhhhhh Let's keep it classy San Deeiago!!! :bigredn:

His final four looks solid from a competition and academic standpoint. :koolaid2::koolaid2:

Well, if he wants academics, kind of surprised he'd drop Duke. But I can also see why he would... Duke is HEAVILY slanted toward academics (i.e., almost irrelevant in football) and WVU's academics are... WVU's academics. You know what you're getting.

I'd maybe say that from an academic standpoint, Nebraska clocks in at 3rd in his final four. The only school I could argue us ahead of would be USF. But, football wise, we are head and shoulders above the other 3.

Well, if he wants academics, kind of surprised he'd drop Duke. But I can also see why he would... Duke is HEAVILY slanted toward academics (i.e., almost irrelevant in football) and WVU's academics are... WVU's academics. You know what you're getting.

I'd maybe say that from an academic standpoint, Nebraska clocks in at 3rd in his final four. The only school I could argue us ahead of would be USF. But, football wise, we are head and shoulders above the other 3.

Spot on dudeguyy, if this was only based on football we would be no doubt in the drivers seat for Curt. But once he steps on campus and sees the academic all-americans list we compiled and the 94% graduation rate he might be sold. And I remember he said he wanted a family atmosphere as well. Hopefully him and his teammate johnathan aiken realize Nebraska is the place for them. I dont see Coach Beck letting this one slip away.

Spot on dudeguyy, if this was only based on football we would be no doubt in the drivers seat for Curt. But once he steps on campus and sees the academic all-americans list we compiled and the 94% graduation rate he might be sold. And I remember he said he wanted a family atmosphere as well. Hopefully him and his teammate johnathan aiken realize Nebraska is the place for them. I dont see Coach Beck letting this one slip away.

dropping duke is no suprise.. sure academics are great.....how good can academics feel (besides the fact that your duke degree can take you far... even if its in communication studies :koolaid2: ) when your football team gets blasted every week... but actually i think duke is improving... i think they win 3-4 games a year now... so thats a plus... but i think if you want to combine academics with actually playing at a high level institution Nebraska out of that list is the way to go.......

The play at 1:02, were they playing the Little Giants? :facepalm: Those guys are terrible.

duke?

South FLorida?

Vandy?

WV?

i say we dont land the kid as having these guys listed as high along with Nebraska already shows me he's lacking some common sense........

It says on his rivals profile he has a 3.5 GPA. Which is definatly god enough to get into Nebraska. Duke and Vandy are very good academic schools.

:facepalm: I think we have established that recruits, parents, friends and siblings could read this board or other message boards. Commenting on weak schools and or GPA is way wrong. :ahhhhhhhh Let's keep it classy San Deeiago!!! :bigredn:

His final four looks solid from a competition and academic standpoint. :koolaid2::koolaid2:

Ummmm.....tell me you aren't serious and that you just forgot to add this :sarcasm

If not, I think we're either completely forgetting what the point of an internet message board is, or we've gained a seriously inflated view of our importance in the world.

• Fire 1

duke?

South FLorida?

Vandy?

WV?

Ummmm.....tell me you aren't serious and that you just forgot to add this :sarcasm

If not, I think we're either completely forgetting what the point of an internet message board is, or we've gained a seriously inflated view of our importance in the world.

Totally serious. When siblings come in here and pump up their brothers potential, (SJB recently) and when Poppa K comes in and defends his son's play,(Jeff Worthy), these boards are read quite often. HuskerCrazy from last year was rumored to be Kody Fajardo and he/she only stopped posting about the QB recruiting after he/she committed to Nevada, then I think these boards are read. For posters to say certain recruits may have academic issues without having a clue may be crossing the line. To say certain recruits may not have a clue based on their offer list is totally wrong.

My point is, these boards are read by a lot of different people and I would hate to have a recruit be turned off by a school based on reading totally fabricated remarks on a message board.

Just for fun got to some youtube videos and look for remarks that criticize certain players and look at the remarks that try to defend the player. I saw some remarks on a youtube video for Jeff Worthy and Jeff Worthy defended himself and then deleted his remarks. He went off and said some cuz words to defend himself and deleted them. It was probably heat of the moment stuff but the comments are read on youtube and certain internet message boards, so if we slam a guy could it work against the recruiting efforts of the staff??? Maybe? Sometimes? Never? Should it even come into the equation?

Just keep it respectful and don't say anything stupid when talking about recruits, and you'll be fine.

Honestly, HB is one of the most polite forums out there, and filled with genuinely good people who can respect a recruits choice to make the best decision for them, and wish the kid well if that doesn't happen to be Nebraska. The whole Austin Sefarian-Jenkins fiasco over on Shaggybevo opened my eyes to what kind of scumbags these types of places CAN be filled with. Glad we're not that way. Keep it up HB!

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...