So the past two times I've try to play a game on my PS3, it was froze in the middle of the game which results in me having to restart my PS3. I dont know if I should be worried that the bluray reader is going out or what. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it or if it is just a fluke? Thanks.

I've had mine do that before. The first time was about 2 weeks after I bought it, so they fixed it for free. The second time was right after the warranty went out. I had to send it in and they fixed it for something like $100. I haven't had any problems since then. Is your software current on it? I've noticed that since I've been keeping mine updated I haven't had any problems. Other than that, I would call Sony or check the PS3 forums/help page for more information.

I've had mine do that before. The first time was about 2 weeks after I bought it, so they fixed it for free. The second time was right after the warranty went out. I had to send it in and they fixed it for something like $100. I haven't had any problems since then. Is your software current on it? I've noticed that since I've been keeping mine updated I haven't had any problems. Other than that, I would call Sony or check the PS3 forums/help page for more information.

Ill go home and make sure i have the latest updates and then try to run the game and then call sony if need be. Thanks. :thumbs

So the past two times I've try to play a game on my PS3, it was froze in the middle of the game which results in me having to restart my PS3. I dont know if I should be worried that the bluray reader is going out or what. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it or if it is just a fluke? Thanks.

Are you sure it isn't the game? I personally have only had problems with one game on my PS3's (Madden 08), otherwise they have run fine. Maybe try a few different games to make sure it's not a problem with the unit. I would be surprised if that where the case, but if it is, then my guess is your disc drive is out.

Are you sure it isn't the game? I personally have only had problems with one game on my PS3's (Madden 08), otherwise they have run fine. Maybe try a few different games to make sure it's not a problem with the unit. I would be surprised if that where the case, but if it is, then my guess is your disc drive is out.

Well, its official. I tried all my games, and they won't even load. Then some error came up that said it wouldn't load. Do I just contact Sony and send it back in?

Well, its official. I tried all my games, and they won't even load. Then some error came up that said it wouldn't load. Do I just contact Sony and send it back in?

If it is anything like the xbox 360 help site, then you should be able to set a claim there and follow the directions for sending them your PS3 and then having them fix it.

For reference, I had a problem with my xbox not turning on. I would have to sit there and keep trying the power button, putting the cd in and out, etc. etc. for it to turn on. Eventually, even if I could get the xbox to work, it just would NOT read any cd's.

I went to the xbox support website, made a claim (with my xbox 360 serial number), gave them a description of the problem, and then I mailed it out from a FedEx store to their main site in Texas. It took about 10 business days to get it back. I hope you don't have to pay. My xbox warranty had been gone for about a year by the time the problem had surfaced, and I didn't have to pay for anything. They even gave me a free shipping label. Hopefully, you have the same luck.

Sorry about your problem. Nothing more frustrating than not having a working piece of electronic equipment.

If it is anything like the xbox 360 help site, then you should be able to set a claim there and follow the directions for sending them your PS3 and then having them fix it.

For reference, I had a problem with my xbox not turning on. I would have to sit there and keep trying the power button, putting the cd in and out, etc. etc. for it to turn on. Eventually, even if I could get the xbox to work, it just would NOT read any cd's.

I went to the xbox support website, made a claim (with my xbox 360 serial number), gave them a description of the problem, and then I mailed it out from a FedEx store to their main site in Texas. It took about 10 business days to get it back. I hope you don't have to pay. My xbox warranty had been gone for about a year by the time the problem had surfaced, and I didn't have to pay for anything. They even gave me a free shipping label. Hopefully, you have the same luck.

Sorry about your problem. Nothing more frustrating than not having a working piece of electronic equipment.

Sony will actually send you a box with custom made foam to support your PS3 and a shipping label. But like I said, if it's outside the warranty, it's going to cost $100-$150. I can't remember the exact price.

Sony will actually send you a box with custom made foam to support your PS3 and a shipping label. But like I said, if it's outside the warranty, it's going to cost $100-$150. I can't remember the exact price.

That stinks about the price.

I guess I was fortunate not to have to pay anything, even with the warranty being gone. Perhaps it was because of the specific type of problem I had, more than anything else. They even gave me a 3 month warranty extension following the repair.

That stinks about the price.

I guess I was fortunate not to have to pay anything, even with the warranty being gone. Perhaps it was because of the specific type of problem I had, more than anything else. They even gave me a 3 month warranty extension following the repair.

Yeah, but that includes shipping both ways and any repairs/replacement they might have to do. My first one was free, but the second one wasn't.

• 1 month later...

Buy a 360! chuckleshuffle