Favorite Food Shows?

And good lord I just checked the ticket prices, the Holland ticket office ones are $100.

Did you look on their site? I was seeing tickets for $50 not too far back. I'd go - I'm enough of a Foodie that I'd love to hear the guy talk, but it's the Idaho game. I'll just have to content myself with watching his show.

I like Anthony Bourdain a lot and Andrew Zimmern too for their adventures. And back in the olden days I enjoyed Justin Wilson for the great food, funny way he talked and the fact that he used to take a lot of nips off of the wine bottle. But currently my favorite is Rachel Ray's show because I can clearly imagine myself having wild animal sex with her!

And good lord I just checked the ticket prices, the Holland ticket office ones are $100.

Did you look on their site? I was seeing tickets for $50 not too far back. I'd go - I'm enough of a Foodie that I'd love to hear the guy talk, but it's the Idaho game. I'll just have to content myself with watching his show.

I didn't even realize it was during the Idaho game. Guess I won't be going.

This'll be the second time in 3 years that he's been to Nebraska I'm sure he'll be back in a few years. Or maybe to the MAC or something in Iowa that's close.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't like Rachel Ray, I guess. She's very popular, but I don't like the food she cooks, and her personality gets on my nerves.

Sometimes I turn down the TV's volume, put on some great music and entertain my aforementioned sexual fantasy about her!

The food she cooks isn't particularly complex - mostly it's easy "comfort food" to her.

• 4 years later...

I like Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I used to watch it religiously. Although all he just seems to go to these weird, hipster places, and are getting away from the original concept of the show.

I also like Restaurant Impossible. Some of those restaurants are so poorly managed, and they just did a show in Omaha at Bene's Pizza.

I like a lot of them.

No reservations was a good show, I can see why many think Bourdain is an ass. He does come off as rather smug and thinks of himself as somehow superior in his tastes in most things. Bizarre Foods is also good same concept just a different host. My new favorite is Booze Traveler, again same concept go to different parts of the world, but now look at the different local drinks.

I like these shows not so much for the food or booze aspect as the travel aspect and getting see other locations around the world.

I like the food show that is on my plate right in front of me - esp if it is a good steak, fish or one of my wife's fancier creations. I liked the old Justin Wilson show as I love Cajan food - best food in the USA is found in Louisiana IMHO - it is a whole different country down there.

Otherwise:

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives