Niles Paul ticketed in downtown Lincoln

I think Bo ought to suspend him for the first game and maybe the Idaho game. What he did is something most guys have done but most guys arent star football players at Nebraska and underage at that. This is incredibly stupid and he's lucky he wasn't driving or trying to pick a fight with somebody. Gotta be smarter than that dude.

yeah August birthday...he's right on the cutoff line for most schools

That's where I was. Started Kindergarten on my 5th birthday, moved down to UNL on my 18th birthday. I was one of the youngest kids in my class.

Same here. Graduated HS when I was 17 and turned 18 two months later (August).

Ditto!

Graduated @ 17. Turned 18 two weeks later.

That's where I was. Started Kindergarten on my 5th birthday, moved down to UNL on my 18th birthday. I was one of the youngest kids in my class.

Ditto!

Only real men of genius can do these things, you know. chuckleshuffle

Ditto!

Cuz wur smarte :corndance

Ditto!

Cuz wur smarte :corndance

laugh.gif

Nothing he did deserves a suspension of any kind. These are extremely minor offenses.

He deserves some form of off season punishment but nothing more.

You might be right. I'm just concerned that this is his second brush with the law concerning alcohol, and Bo alleged when he took over a couple of years ago that he'd be tough on stuff like this.

If anything it'll be a suspension against Western Kentucky, which is no loss but will hurt Niles' stats. It's possible that it'll just be handled internally and he won't miss game time, but I'd be surprised if that's all that happens.

The only bad thing is this came after a more serious offense a year ago. This in itself is probably no worse than a first-time speeding ticket. I think many of us one time or another have tried to find an isolated spot where one no could see us and gone if there wasn't a nearby facility. It appears reading between the lines that perhaps he wasn't so careful and could easily be spotted. :dunno

The only bad thing is this came after a more serious offense a year ago. This in itself is probably no worse than a first-time speeding ticket. I think many of us one time or another have tried to find an isolated spot where one no could see us and gone if there wasn't a nearby facility. It appears reading between the lines that perhaps he wasn't so careful and could easily be spotted. :dunno

I know where he was standing, and it's about as obvious as you can get. He was standing in unobstructed view no more than 50 feet from O Street, the main bar strip in town.

Nothing he did deserves a suspension of any kind. These are extremely minor offenses.

He deserves some form of off season punishment but nothing more.

You might be right. I'm just concerned that this is his second brush with the law concerning alcohol, and Bo alleged when he took over a couple of years ago that he'd be tough on stuff like this.

If anything it'll be a suspension against Western Kentucky, which is no loss but will hurt Niles' stats. It's possible that it'll just be handled internally and he won't miss game time, but I'd be surprised if that's all that happens.

No, no, no. Make him play EVERY down. And every pattern either a go, deep post or deep flag.

4th quarter - 3rd and one on the NU 29 yard line. QB (TBD) calls the play "QB sneak on two - except for Niles, he get gets to do a skinny post, and pick up your knees this time" Niles, "gasp, gasp, arrgh, gasp"