former Husker greats

Everyone knows where Turner Gill ended up, but can I ask about some of the other really famous Huskers of yesteryear?

Rozier, Fryar, Frost, Crouch, Frazier....are any of them still involved with NU? do any of them do games on radio or TV, for example?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to enlighten an outsider. :)

Everyone knows where Turner Gill ended up, but can I ask about some of the other really famous Huskers of yesteryear?

Rozier, Fryar, Frost, Crouch, Frazier....are any of them still involved with NU? do any of them do games on radio or TV, for example?

Scott Frost is now the wide receivers coach for Oregon I believe.

Scott Frost is now the wide receivers coach for Oregon I believe.

Crouch has his own company selling and manufacturing play ground equipment.

TE Jamie Williams (#80) who played back in my day (And believe it or not was the first Black guy I ever met..I told him he had a girl's name just before my cousin told him I had the same name), Played for the Oilers (and I thought the Giants), 49rs (with HS and UNL team-mate Roger Craig) and maybe the Raiders, got his Doctorate in Educational Psychology and is now the AD for Academy of Art College in San Francisco (Starting the athletic teams from scratch).

http://www.academyartathletics.com/staff.aspx?staff=1

HGUUSHQMOIBPBTN.20080623211821.jpg

small_JamieWilliams.jpg

Dr. Jamie Williams

Athletic Director

Dr. Jamie Williams is the first Director of Athletics at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, the largest and most renowned private art university in the country.

Dr. Williams is a graduate of the University of Nebraska, where he was an All-American and an All-Big Eight Conference football player, earning an undergraduate degree in Broadcast Journalism. He continued his education by completing a Masters of Science in Mass Communication from San Jose State University and receiving a Doctorate of Education in Organization and Leadership from the University of San Francisco.

Dr. Williams’ philosophy on developing the athletic program is based on the three A’s: Academics, the feeder of intellect and wisdom; Arts, the emancipator of spirit and expression; and Athletics, the builder of physicality and courage.

Professionally, Dr. Williams played 12 years in the National Football League as a tight end for the San Francisco 49ers, Houston Oilers, Los Angeles Raiders and St. Louis Cardinals. He won a Super Bowl Championship in 1990 with the San Francisco 49ers. After working with Oscar Award-winning Director, Oliver Stone, to create the motion picture, Any Given Sunday, Dr. Williams started his production company YMotion Media, which is focused on original sports content.

Dr. Williams is a firm believer in arts and athletics coexisting like the “warrior-poet” of yesteryear. He plans for the Academy to make an immediate impact on the world of collegiate athletics. In just under two years, Dr. Williams has molded the Academy of Art University’s Athletic Department into a model program that has grown from no athletics to sponsoring 13 intercollegiate NCAA Division II sports. As the program’s student-athletes compete successfully in the classroom and devote charitable time with the community, Dr. Williams is on his way to taking the historic Academy of Art University to a whole new level.

Dr. Williams was raised in Davenport, Iowa, and now resides on the Peninsula with his wife and two kids. Dr. Williams is a Star Wars and Lord of the Rings fan as well as an avid comic book reader and collector.

As of a few years ago, Roger Craig was working for a high tech company in Silicon Valley. I don't recall what his role was, I just remember hearing from a Husker fan who met him through work. He's also run a few marathons, which is pretty amazing considering the beating most NFL running backs' knees take over the years. I looked him up on athlinks.com, which collects race results from most major races in the US, and he's dropped back to half marathons now, which is still impressive. I've got his best times beat though.

Frosty lived a couple of doors down from me a few years ago, and was there off and on during his time with the Jets and 49ers. He has a great dog, friendly and awesome as most dogs are. Frost was a good neighbor and always had time to chat. Good egg, Mr. Frost.