"An offer has been made"

All of the talk lately has been about how the Pac 10 has become the driving force behind the expansion process being sped up, but I will be surprised if anything happens between the Texas schools and the Pac 10 anytime soon. At least anything official. I doubt Texas just signs on with whatever being one of 16 teams brings with it. There will also be some snags with what texas wants from the Pac 10 to sign. I figure the negotiations will drag out. It isn't nearly the liquid situation some would have us believe. NU and MU, on the other hand, will be happy to have exactly what everyone else in the Big 10 gets.

All of the talk lately has been about how the Pac 10 has become the driving force behind the expansion process being sped up, but I will be surprised if anything happens between the Texas schools and the Pac 10 anytime soon. At least anything official. I doubt Texas just signs on with whatever being one of 16 teams brings with it. There will also be some snags with what texas wants from the Pac 10 to sign. I figure the negotiations will drag out. It isn't nearly the liquid situation some would have us believe. NU and MU, on the other hand, will be happy to have exactly what everyone else in the Big 10 gets.

I think Nebraska will draw first. Texas has more dead weight to drag with it wherever it goes. Nebraska and Mizzou are both ready and willing to head for the Big 10. We have plenty of motivation to secure our fortunes while opportunity knocks.

I think what we're finding out is that Nebraska has been in discussions on some level with the Big 10 since this whole thing began in December, or possibly longer ago than that. December is just when the Big 10 announced their intention of looking further into expansion, so obviously the conversations have been going on longer than that, at least internally with the Big 10.

It's hard to say when Nebraska was brought into the conversation, but it's pretty safe to say we're ahead of wherever Texas and Co. are with the Pac-10. The Pac-10 announcement seems very reactionary to me, even though the Pac-10 announced a possibility of expansion in December, as well. Curiously enough, their announcement also included a 12-18 month timeline. It's only now that the possibility of Nebraska going to the Big 10 seems very real that the Pac-10 has ramped up their time frame, and the whole Texas group became involved.

Texas will really have no choice but to join the Pac-10 IMO. Going to the SEC and being able to exert the power and control that they've become accustomed to won't happen with the likes of Saban, Meyer, etc. Brown will be told to go stand in the corner and not make a sound. At least in the Pac-10, the only "superpower" is USC.

There is the possibility still out there that Texas would want to come to the Big Ten as well (after the cookie has crumbled).

Texas will really have no choice but to join the Pac-10 IMO. Going to the SEC and being able to exert the power and control that they've become accustomed to won't happen with the likes of Saban, Meyer, etc. Brown will be told to go stand in the corner and not make a sound. At least in the Pac-10, the only "superpower" is USC.

There is the possibility still out there that Texas would want to come to the Big Ten as well (after the cookie has crumbled).

As childish as this may sound, I think if there was any possibility of UT being invited to the Big 10, NU would probably respectfully decline. That's just my uneducated opinion.

As childish as this may sound, I think if there was any possibility of UT being invited to the Big 10, NU would probably respectfully decline. That's just my uneducated opinion.

Could very well be the case. Interestingly enough, I heard something that I didn't expect on the radio out here in Oregon yesterday. The sports talk host said that the administration of NU and UT are very close. The statement was that the Presidents of both universities rely on each other and have a tighter relationship than any other universities in the Big XII. That would tend to lead towards a pleasant transition for both to the Big Ten (possibly).

IMHUO - I think UT would be fine without all of his running buddies.

UT would have to participate as a member instead of boss.

And that's why I think the Pac-10 is more appealing to UT.

I would be cool with UT in the Big Ten on the condition that they recognize that they're equals with everyone else. If they could set aside their ego and play nice with the rest of us, then the chances of a dysfunctional relationship would cease for the betterment of the conference.

I hope we go, but I am cautious about these reports that we've been offered. The ESPN scroll bar read something like:"Big 12 rep says Nebraska has been offered an invite to the Big 10" that this rep is unnamed makes me wonder who would leak that info to the press and why.

I would be cool with UT in the Big Ten on the condition that they recognize that they're equals with everyone else. If they could set aside their ego and play nice with the rest of us, then the chances of a dysfunctional relationship would cease for the betterment of the conference.

What would be the fun in that?