"An offer has been made"

Is it too late for predictions?

UNL, Misery to the B-10

ND and Texass to the B-10 in a month or two.

Pac-10 scrambles for ???

UNL, Mizzou, ND, Texas, and who's your fifth?

Rutgers?

IMO, they stop at 14 with NU, Rutgers, and ND.

UNL, Misery to the B-10

Pac-10 scrambles for ???

UNL, Mizzou, ND, Texas, and who's your fifth?

Rutgers?

I was going to say Baylor... :sarcasm

Jim Delany would tell Ken Starr to go fetch that blue dress and cigar and eff himself.

Rutgers

Rutgers?

I really wish I could get behind a Rutgers invitation' date=' but it bums the hell out of me. If I've got to take a Big lEast school; then I'm going with Syracuse. Otherwise, piss on that league.

[/quote']

I understand where you're coming from. I just threw that name out there because that's what the media speculation has been saying. I'm not exactly crazy about it either. At least not from a football standpoint.

Texas will really have no choice but to join the Pac-10 IMO. Going to the SEC and being able to exert the power and control that they've become accustomed to won't happen with the likes of Saban, Meyer, etc. Brown will be told to go stand in the corner and not make a sound. At least in the Pac-10, the only "superpower" is USC.

I think it is actually the complete opposite. The SEC takes a hands off approach with its members, whereas the PAC10 is very much the opposite.

USC may be the "superpower" of the conference, but they do not run it. No major conference is more communal in nature than the PAC10. In terms of power and control of conference affairs, Texas would be walking into a conference in the PAC10 that does things as a larger whole. There are not the power brokers in the PAC10 that there are in the other conferences. USC is not the PAC10 equivalent of "Texas".

On the field, it is obviously completely different, though historically Texas has fared very well against SEC opponents.

Rutgers

Rutgers?

I really wish I could get behind a Rutgers invitation, but it bums the hell out of me. If I've got to take a Big lEast school; then I'm going with Syracuse. Otherwise, piss on that league.

If the Big Ten could pull of ND, Nebraska, Texas, and either A&M or Missouri, you would expect Rutgers or Syracuse to be next. With that kind of line up, we would be selling a much more desirable package to the coveted East coast media outlets.

If the Big Ten could pull of ND, Nebraska, Texas, and either A&M or Missouri, you would expect Rutgers or Syracuse to be next. With that kind of line up, we would be selling a much more desirable package to the coveted East coast media outlets.

To me, Rutgers won't do jack for market/media outlets. They simply don't have the product, and I don't know that they ever will.

Just a hunch, but what if the talk about Texass and the Pac 10 is a ruse? And what would the likely hood be that Texass would resurrect the Southwest conference. Maybe adding the Kansas schools and possibly TCU and or Houston?

Seeing as I'm a Buckeye by birth, but married into Husker Nation... I really look forward to some epic battles. I may just have to make the maiden voyage to accompany my Bucks at Memorial Stadium. The NU administration may have to consider expanding to accommodate the Buckeye Faithful. :D

Good luck getting those tickets if your in-laws don't already own them.

UNL, Misery to the B-10

Pac-10 scrambles for ???

Doubt Texass - they are tied way too tightly with aTm (not too bad) but also with Tech (Austin, we have a Tech problem) and Baylor - neither of whom are qualified academically for the Big (X + n)