KU, KSU, ISU

I don't understand why I keep hearing how bad people are feeling for KU, KSU, and ISU if we move to the Big 10. We are abandoning them and need to be more loyal and stay in order to keep a conference for them. First, Nebraska needs to do what is best for them and for their school. I don't think people understand how much more money Nebraska will make in the Big 10. And as far as money goes, we will make alot more for sports, but firstly, we will make ALOT more for academics and research which will push Nebraska up and up in rankings and prestige. This is the reason we have to move and need to move. It's not about Football, it's about the academics and the prestige Nebraska will receive by just being associated with Big 10 schools.

And as for KU, KSU, and ISU, I say F-off. Where were these schools when we needed votes in the Big 12? Oh yeah, that's right, they were sucking on Texas and the South schools popsicles. We were the only North team, with maybe Mizzou once in awhile, to stand up to Texas and the south. Alot of 11-1 or 10-2 votes. Where were our North allies when we needed them? They were hopping on the South teams in order to try and get as much money as possible, and now they have to eat that humble pie. Don't stick together and things will eventually break up and turn bad. We really have no allies in the Big 12 and never have since the conference began, so I say good riddings.

Nebraska has no obligations to the schools about to get left out in the cold. It ain't show friends, it's show business. Our team has had the constant fan support the likes of which few teams in the nation can claim. Our reward is going to be a slot in a superconference with amazing research benefits and TV revenue/exposure.

Nebraska has no obligations to the schools about to get left out in the cold. It ain't show friends, it's show business. Our team has had the constant fan support the likes of which few teams in the nation can claim. Our reward is going to be a slot in a superconference with amazing research benefits and TV revenue/exposure.

yet you still shed a tear and their misfortune..... but i remember reading one of the GAZILLION articles about his on Huskermax that said Nebraska basiclly has done everything right and been at the forefront of college football when it comes to so many things....... really makes you feel good to be a husker fan......

the big bummer i believe is kanasas and its basketball program.... they must be pooping right now

yet you still shed a tear and their misfortune..... but i remember reading one of the GAZILLION articles about his on Huskermax that said Nebraska basiclly has done everything right and been at the forefront of college football when it comes to so many things....... really makes you feel good to be a husker fan......

the big bummer i believe is kanasas and its basketball program.... they must be pooping right now

I don't shed many tears about it. Do I get a gleeful feeling at the thought of Kansas packing it up for the Mountain West? No. These teams have been a part of the Nebraska experience for ages, but in this hyper-media age of football, Nebraska simply can't afford to make its decisions based on the likes of what's good for a bottom feeder like KSU.

Let's hope it is indeed a "reward".

I'm seeing a whole lot of chicken counting going on..........

Did this really need its own thread, or couldn't you have posted this as a reply to the dozen other threads where this has been discussed?

Um, nah. You could have combined about 15 threads under this topic, but they are all still on their own. But, i guess since I don't post here enough I'm not allowed to post a topic. Feel free to merge if you want, what the hell.

It will be a lot easier to pull for Turner Gill and Kansas if we don't share a division with them.

You know I never really thought about it, but you're exactly right!! I was gonna have a tough time rooting for him in KU, but with the move it would make it much easier. I've been following him ever since he left to Buffalo. I think this is the second big reason T.O. and Perlie will move to the Big 10.