Had that second not been put back on the clock...

I really don't know how it could be the last straw considering it was the right call. Again, I don't think it had any impact at all.

WHEN HAS AN INCOMPLETE PASS OUT OF BOUNDS EVER BEEN REVIEWED TO SEE HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD BE PUT ON THE CLOCK? It was a non-reviewable play but they did it for Texas since they (ran) the conference. They (were) the CEO/Chairman of the old big twelve!!!!!

Never, only when it is Texas and they are not going to the BCS National Championship Game.

Tom Osborne brought up this point at the Big 12 meeting in KC. Quote was something like, (I guess we need some new guidelines/rules on how we put time back on the clock for incomplete passes) I will look it up and edit this.

I think the last straw was/were a couple things. All championship games to be in the state of Texas and not rotating them. All teams voting consistently with Texas and against NU. I think 11-1 was the common number on most votes involving Big 12 issues.

OH BOY!!! Just when we thought that was over, here we go again.

I really don't know how it could be the last straw considering it was the right call. Again, I don't think it had any impact at all.

WHEN HAS AN INCOMPLETE PASS OUT OF BOUNDS EVER BEEN REVIEWED TO SEE HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD BE PUT ON THE CLOCK? It was a non-reviewable play but they did it for Texas since they (ran) the conference. They (were) the CEO/Chairman of the old big twelve!!!!!

Never, only when it is Texas and they are not going to the BCS National Championship Game.

Tom Osborne brought up this point at the Big 12 meeting in KC. Quote was something like, (I guess we need some new guidelines/rules on how we put time back on the clock for incomplete passes) I will look it up and edit this.

I think the last straw was/were a couple things. All championship games to be in the state of Texas and not rotating them. All teams voting consistently with Texas and against NU. I think 11-1 was the common number on most votes involving Big 12 issues.

Osborne stated that the location of the conference championship game location was not a big issue. His comment regarding the next 75 to 100 years seems to tell the story. I think the instability of the Big 12 was the reason and the ultimatum was the proverbial last straw.

I think it was a painful reminder that Texas rules the roost and may have opened some eyes. This deal makes sense for so many more reasons than what happened last December. Not only do we move out from under Texas' thumb, but we have an opportunity to dramatically upgrade our university in so many aspects other than football. The extra revenue from joining the Big 10 will help keep Husker facilities second to none, athletically and academically, will help pay for the research facility and the new basketball arena possibly. This is an exciting time for the University, not just football fans of the University.

On the play immediately prior to Lawrence's field goal, as the game clock ticked down Texas quarterback Colt McCoy rolled far to the right, with Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh in pursuit, and threw a pass well down field and out of bounds. The game clock ran out ending the fourth quarter, with Nebraska appearing to win 12-10. However, pursuant to Rule 12-3-6, the video replay official determined that an "egregious," and therefore reviewable, error concerning the game clock had occurred and ordered one second be put on the game clock. The ESPN/ABC video feed showed that McCoy's pass hit a stadium railing, out of bounds, with :01 remaining.

Yes, yes, but then don't we need to review every ball thrown OB to make sure adequate time is left on the clock?

How many people remember the 93 Orange Bowl against Florida State. It was 4th and long with a few secs left to play. Tommie Fraizer completes a pass to give the Huskers a 1st down and get in field goal range, but time had expired. The refs review the play and determine that 3 sec should be added on the clock. We kick a long field goal but we missed it. We lost the game 16 to 18, if we would of made that we would of won 3 mnc three years in a row and 4 of 5 years. The point is our Huskers got 3 sec added after the clock had expired and I heard no bitching about it. So please lets give this a rest. The reason were going to the Big 10 it is what is best for Nebraska. Even if we had beat Texas last year we are still gone.

would we even be having these discussions right now?

Was that the proverbial last straw?

insertsarcasm.gif

You nailed it. That Tom Osborne is a complete hothead. Rash, impulsive

His searing anger and lack of experience caused him quit the Big XII in a huff.

We're lucky he didn't shut down the whole football program!

Wait - hold on a sec. What's that? CU just bolted for the door. Give me an extra second (get it)...

Huh? The Big XII South has an exit strategy? Missouri too? What! The Big XII will no longer exists as of June 14th...

Good thing Dr. Tom got pissed and did something. Wheeew. That was lucky.

would we even be having these discussions right now?

Was that the proverbial last straw?

Oh yes, absolutely. That's the ONLY reason Nebraska is joining the Big 10. Because one second got put on the clock in the Conference Championship Game. That is 100% the only reason whatsoever this is happening.

You're like the Amazing Kreskin. You just perceive things so clearly, it's like magic.

Bravo! :clap

Kreskin. Where have I heard that before.... :lol:

How many people remember the 93 Orange Bowl against Florida State. It was 4th and long with a few secs left to play. Tommie Fraizer completes a pass to give the Huskers a 1st down and get in field goal range, but time had expired. The refs review the play and determine that 3 sec should be added on the clock. We kick a long field goal but we missed it. We lost the game 16 to 18, if we would of made that we would of won 3 mnc three years in a row and 4 of 5 years. The point is our Huskers got 3 sec added after the clock had expired and I heard no bitching about it. So please lets give this a rest. The reason were going to the Big 10 it is what is best for Nebraska. Even if we had beat Texas last year we are still gone.

Here come those pesky FACTS again. :cop: You'll notice that all we will here now is crickets.

The simple fact is it was a whole package deal. We get more revenue being on the Big 10 Network for sports. We are in a conference with all AAU accredited schools which adds prestige, and hopefully a larger, more diverse enrollment. Finally, the Big 10 will help us get our foot in the door when it comes to R&D cash which will help the campus expand its facilities years down the road.

Here come those pesky FACTS again. :cop: You'll notice that all we will here now is crickets.

Do yourself a favor and find some of the threads in which we discussed the CCG play back in December. You'll find that this was brought up several times in those conversations, with most folks agreeing that the situations were similar.

Don't just assume everyone's a blind homer. We're pretty open-minded here.

Actually there was no replay back then so the refs huddled together and made the call. That's perfectly legal I believe. Refs huddle all the time to discuss what each person saw. No technology was used back then to review. Not the same thing. We now return this thread to it's original topic...

On the play immediately prior to Lawrence's field goal, as the game clock ticked down Texas quarterback Colt McCoy rolled far to the right, with Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh in pursuit, and threw a pass well down field and out of bounds. The game clock ran out ending the fourth quarter, with Nebraska appearing to win 12-10. However, pursuant to Rule 12-3-6, the video replay official determined that an "egregious," and therefore reviewable, error concerning the game clock had occurred and ordered one second be put on the game clock. The ESPN/ABC video feed showed that McCoy's pass hit a stadium railing, out of bounds, with :01 remaining.

*Double post

I think the argument is that the reason it was found to be "egregious" is because it was Texas and Texas controls everything from the way conference voting occurs by being backed by their 3 other sister schools to where championship games are played. Also, the argument can be made about how are the review officials placed in the championship game, by conference who is perceived to be run by Texas. Not saying that they hand pick them but thats what the perception. Its all cyclical. The bigger argument is whenever a play may not go Texas' way the "egregious" error is a slick way of benefiting Texas who the big xii rule arguably revolve around and voting for replay officials is dominated by Texas and their backing.