Pelini Less Poachable?

With Nebraska joining the Big 10, I believe it further solidifies the idea that Bo will not be coaching at Ohio State..ever, despite some speculation brought up a few weeks ago. If we had stayed in the B12, a more founded argument could be made. However, I now believe Bo will never be able to stomach the idea of leaving Nebraska to coach at Ohio State and have to play against Nebraska. 100% sure that Bo is here to stay now.

Yeah I agree, this does nothing but further solidify that he stays. Do you think our team will get any extra respect/cheers heading in to The Shoe, considering Bo is an alum and everything?

Probably none more-so than what we would give Turner Gill. Granted, Bo didn't do as much for OSU as Gill did for Nebraska, but it will probably go something like this:

OSU Fan 1: "Oh hey, it's Bo Pelini! Great player for us. I'm glad he coaches at Nebraska."

OSU Fan 2: "Oh yeah, I totally agree. But, like you said, his job his now to coach Nebraska, which means his job is to beat us."

OSU Fan 1: "Oh crap, you're right! Well, here's to you Bo!" Cheers.

OSU Fan 1 & 2: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I've said this in another thread, but according to a few fans I've chatted with from Big Ten land, it's an unwritten rule for Big Ten head coaches to leave for another Big Ten head coaching position. It's frowned upon.

I think that's an unwritten rule in most conferences. It looks bad to go to another university in your own conference, unless you coached at Baylor and get offered the Texas job lol.

I've said this in another thread, but according to a few fans I've chatted with from Big Ten land, it's an unwritten rule for Big Ten head coaches to leave for another Big Ten head coaching position. It's frowned upon.

I think that's an unwritten rule in most conferences. It looks bad to go to another university in your own conference, unless you coached at Baylor and get offered the Texas job lol.

It's a rarity that it happens, regardless of conference. But yeah, it goes without saying.

Texas is its own country. They're the exception. laugh.gif

It's a rarity that it happens, regardless of conference. But yeah, it goes without saying.

Texas is its own country. They're the exception. laugh.gif

oh, wouldn't they just love that.

This move makes me think that the only scenario that would change Bo from finishing his career at Nebraska would be a huge NFL offer, and give it ten years and even that kind of offer might not be enough. Hopefully so much of Osborne rubs off on him that the very thought of leaving becomes anathema.

Word...this aint nothin. I think the head coach/hiring after Coach "One whose name cannot be mentioned" was fired, was more insane than this. Here we have Chip Brown from orangebloods.com dropping rumors. Back then we had Pelini's salt-water aquarium guy

I wonder if that guy is still employed, with the economy being what it is.

Word...this aint nothin. I think the head coach/hiring after Coach "One whose name cannot be mentioned" was fired, was more insane than this. Here we have Chip Brown from orangebloods.com dropping rumors. Back then we had Pelini's salt-water aquarium guy

Aahhhh! You snagged the salt-water aquarium meme! I was going to say that we'll have to default to Bo's salt-water aquarium guy for a definitive ruling on it... :)

I wonder if that guy is still employed, with the economy being what it is.

Clean salt water is getting scarce-- his business is probably booming.