future qb

nebraska is starting to look good a qb, at least i like what i see...when green now here, turner, and cains coming into the program.. i got to believe one of these highly sought qbs will rise to glory and lead the cornhuskers to yesterday stanards of the osborn era...who do you think will take the reins and lead the cornhuskers in the next 2 or 3 years.

Carnes is pretty raw as a QB. Turner looks more polished at the position. If Turner keeps improving the passing aspect of his game I see him fighting for a job as early as his second year. I really hope Tavarius Bender pans out in HS and we recruit him. He seems like a perfect QB in terms of how we want to run our offense. Plus I'd loooove to see an in-state guy shine at QB. It worked out quite nicely last time...

If the kid stops having some doubt in himself, and realizes how truly good he really is, then Brion Carnes. No question, IMO.

don,t know much about carnes, other than he,s relation to nu former qb and coming out of florida...turner seemed to be highly touted,but i really know nothing of him either. oklahoma was trying to get him, thats cool that nu got one from them ...actually in the 2011 class, nu got a couple from oklahoma

bender certainly has the physical aspects and speed...been hearing good things about him and from nebraska...a plus

Turner no doubt, but very possibly carnes.

but who are we kidding???? Lee is going to make you miss him after this season.

looks like we are heading to the tommy fraiser type qb, and thats cool...that 95 nebraska team brings back great memorys,, the floridia game...that is one i will never forget,and probably my favorite win of all times...beating florida and spurrier was great..spurrier knew they were outclassed in that game.

lee comes from great blood lines, if he can get rehab back to original form, he should be better this year....one of the few pro qbs tha run through nu.

maybe some day i can get to nebraska game, never have. my sister is a alumuni , maybe she can get me a ticket sometime....the only game i ever saw was iowa state vs oklahoma at iowa state, in 70 or 71...it was cool,

Carnes is pretty raw as a QB. Turner looks more polished at the position. If Turner keeps improving the passing aspect of his game I see him fighting for a job as early as his second year. I really hope Tavarius Bender pans out in HS and we recruit him. He seems like a perfect QB in terms of how we want to run our offense. Plus I'd loooove to see an in-state guy shine at QB. It worked out quite nicely last time...

You got that absolutely flipped.

Carnes will step into practice in August as our 2nd best passer, behind Lee. Kid is absolutely a well polished passer and played in an offense that was more geared to be a college-like offense. Multiple reads, options, etc.,

Turner, OTOH, is completely raw as a passer, which is why the coaches have talked to him about playing a 'Percy Harvin' role. I think one of the Rivals guys compared Turner to Russell Shepard, and that was nailing it on the head. Electric runner, but has never been a pocket-multiple read QB. He's got a Cody Green-esque learning curve coming.

• Fire 1

Carnes will step into practice in August as our 2nd best passer, behind Lee. Kid is absolutely a well polished passer and played in an offense that was more geared to be a college-like offense. Multiple reads, options, etc.,

Turner, OTOH, is completely raw as a passer, which is why the coaches have talked to him about playing a 'Percy Harvin' role. I think one of the Rivals guys compared Turner to Russell Shepard, and that was nailing it on the head. Electric runner, but has never been a pocket-multiple read QB. He's got a Cody Green-esque learning curve coming.

I agree with this assessment. When you look at the tape for Carnes, he throws on the run with ease and is very accurate on the run. His speed in alluding the rush and making things happen when the pocket breaks down is impressive. He started about 49 games for a powerhouse school in Florida.(started as a freshmen) He upset Thomas Aquinas last year that was undefeated for about 3 years. He has Frazier blood lines. They almost beat Plante or Plant last year for the title and they were a powerhouse. He is just now getting to campus based on reports on here. It will take some time to get up to speed but once he does he will be our starter in my opinion. Turner is electric based on his running ability but not sure if he has the skills in the passing game. In two years, Carnes will be looked at as the type of QB that will be running the offense at NU. Dual threat with good to great pass skills.

Brion's hihglight tapes speak volumes to how much better of a passer he is than Green. Jamal will have some work to do, but I think he picks it up quickly and eventually becomes the numero uno QB.

I agree with this assessment. When you look at the tape for Carnes, he throws on the run with ease and is very accurate on the run. His speed in alluding the rush and making things happen when the pocket breaks down is impressive. He started about 49 games for a powerhouse school in Florida.(started as a freshmen) He upset Thomas Aquinas last year that was undefeated for about 3 years. He has Frazier blood lines. They almost beat Plante or Plant last year for the title and they were a powerhouse. He is just know getting to campus based on reports on here. It will take some time to get up to speed but once he does he will be our starter in my opinion. Turner is electric based on his running ability but not sure if he has the skills in the passing game. In two years, Carnes will be looked at as the type of QB that will be running the offense at NU. Dual threat with good to great pass skills.

I agree with the assessments, but I have long said that Jamal isnt as big of a project at QB that Texas led on to be. He isnt exactly polished at QB, but his mechanics dont appear to be horrible. He is raw, but not as raw as UT and OU were leading people on to be.

I agree with this assessment. When you look at the tape for Carnes, he throws on the run with ease and is very accurate on the run. His speed in alluding the rush and making things happen when the pocket breaks down is impressive. He started about 49 games for a powerhouse school in Florida.(started as a freshmen) He upset Thomas Aquinas last year that was undefeated for about 3 years. He has Frazier blood lines. They almost beat Plante or Plant last year for the title and they were a powerhouse. He is just know getting to campus based on reports on here. It will take some time to get up to speed but once he does he will be our starter in my opinion. Turner is electric based on his running ability but not sure if he has the skills in the passing game. In two years, Carnes will be looked at as the type of QB that will be running the offense at NU. Dual threat with good to great pass skills.

I agree with the assessments, but I have long said that Jamal isnt as big of a project at QB that Texas led on to be. He isnt exactly polished at QB, but his mechanics dont appear to be horrible. He is raw, but not as raw as UT and OU were leading people on to be.

i watched some video on carnes today, and it does look like he passes with ease, on the run too....he looks quick and deceptive. jamal, hard to get video on him for some reason.

you just wonder if green will pan out to be what he had be projected to be?''

then you got kellog, know nothing about him.. spano, sort of been not much news on him. washington- probablly will not start any games ever. martnez- good runner sounds like it, but will probably never start.

look like to zach lee this year, and the next- green, carnes or jamal....unless something earth-shaking happens

just wonder if nu will redshirt someone this fall? qb....i was thinking mybe carnes if hes that good

Bingo. Turner's throwing is compact, over the top, and smooth for how good it is. If he didn't have such a good upside as a passer he would be scouted as an ATH for all the running he does. Plus he looks to be as quick and shifty as Martinez.

Bingo. Turner's throwing is compact, over the top, and smooth for how good it is. If he didn't have such a good upside as a passer he would be scouted as an ATH for all the running he does. Plus he looks to be as quick and shifty as Martinez.

Mechanics are never an issue, as they can be ironed out with anyone.

The biggest problem with Turner, the same as it has hampered Green, is the fact that Turner isn't accustomed to being that pocket presence, with a multiple read/check system. And that is a huge reason why everyone (but us for a period) has recruited Jamal as an athlete, and why even we have done so as of late.

Even more, I have heard Jamal was rather unimpressive at the QB camp today.

Still, if Jamal wants to be a legit QB, it will take him multiple years to learn how to run our offense, or even be a legitimate guy who can lead a huddle without looking for guidance, like Cody did many times this year.

Does not really matter in the end, because Jamal is gonna get the ball in his hands somewhere, and he's gonna make plays with those feet of his. Whether it's at QB, or WR.

Mechanics are never an issue, as they can be ironed out with anyone.

The biggest problem with Turner, the same as it has hampered Green, is the fact that Turner isn't accustomed to being that pocket presence, with a multiple read/check system. And that is a huge reason why everyone (but us for a period) has recruited Jamal as an athlete, and why even we have done so as of late.

Even more, I have heard Jamal was rather unimpressive at the QB camp today.

Still, if Jamal wants to be a legit QB, it will take him multiple years to learn how to run our offense, or even be a legitimate guy who can lead a huddle without looking for guidance, like Cody did many times this year.

Does not really matter in the end, because Jamal is gonna get the ball in his hands somewhere, and he's gonna make plays with those feet of his. Whether it's at QB, or WR.

Where did you hear that he didn't do well? I read that he looked solid.

And any quarterback is going to take multiples years to get the offense down pat, that's nothing exclusive to Turner.

And how would you know anything about his presence in the huddle? Unless you've spent time in the huddle with him this year (which I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you have not) you can't make a judgement call about his leadership.