Conference Champions

Well within our goals for the next two years. Texas is going to be down this year (well relatively, they'll still get 9 or 10 wins), Oklahoma would be a winnable game in for the championship. Getting to the championship this year was always our first goal (followed by winning it). But I also think it got that much harder because of our going to the Big 10 next year. The forgotten four's going to play us like it could be their last games against us, thumb their noses at us before we leave.

In some ways, I'd actually love for us to win the Big Twelve and not the Big Ten to prove that the move was an upgrade in conference strength.

I disagree. Win the Big 12 than go to the Big 10 and win that as well would shut up a lot of people and Texas fans.

I think winning the Big 12 title this year and quite possibly winning the Big 10 title will make me forget about the 60:01 Big 12 title game we played against Texas.

I keep reading about how this expansion of the Big Ten is developing...and just hit me..??

Could ONE team win BACK to BACK conference Championships with two different Conferences?...

Win the Big 12

win the Big 10

Let me know what you think?

If Crick stays and if we find another wr along side kinnie, no question

:facepalm: Let's win this one, then worry later about what comes next. Putting statements out like we are looking to do that only puts a bigger target on our backs. As it is now, we are the target everyone wants to knock off in the Big 12 this year. Everyone will be pumped to play us and make their statement. We need to take one game at a time, and get through this season before we start looking to win anywhere else.

We made ourselves a target in the Big 12 this year. The other teams are going to be very motivated to beat us. That's going to make winning the Big 12 more difficult versus what it would have been before expansion.

By the same token, moving into a new conference is going to be very difficult as well. These are new venues and new teams to us. We have no short-term history of playing them, which makes Pelini's job very difficult for each new week. On the flip side, these teams are used to playing one another and only have to focus on us (or whatever few other teams get added). You can also bet that they're going to want to give us a "Welcome to the Big 10" greeting on the gridiron by punching us squarely in our collective mouths. The Big 10 is tired of being labeled "big and slow" and will love to show that to its newest member.

In short: These next two years are NOT going to be easy. Instead of thinking about back to back championships, perhaps we should just think about getting through them while maintaining our dignity. Fair enough?

anyone read shatel's article today???

I thought about this before reading his article, but we have an uphill battle. When we move to the big 10, we have 11 other teams we have to learn and study. Everyone else in the conference only has to makeup by learning us and our tendencies. Not saying it's impossible, but it is like having 12 nonconference games in a season.

deedsker15 -- we won't play all 11 other teams in the Big 10, but I get your point. Still, most teams don't prep until game week so in each game we'll both have that one week to prep.

As to the original question, I'm afraid it's already been done. Remember who the 1996 Big 12 champ was? Guess who won the SWC in 95?

deedsker15 -- we won't play all 11 other teams in the Big 10, but I get your point. Still, most teams don't prep until game week so in each game we'll both have that one week to prep.

As to the original question, I'm afraid it's already been done. Remember who the 1996 Big 12 champ was? Guess who won the SWC in 95?

well between having four nonconference games and the our eight "conference" games(which we don't know who they will be...that why i said we have 11 to learn) that's what i meant by 12 basically nonconference games...plus i think a lot of film is gone over by coaches of their team as well as opponents to learn coaching philosophies...we will have to learn a lot and have nothing to review on them because against us because we haven't played anyone in the big 10 since...um...michigan???

get my point???

well between having four nonconference games and the our eight "conference" games(which we don't know who they will be...that why i said we have 11 to learn) that's what i meant by 12 basically nonconference games...plus i think a lot of film is gone over by coaches of their team as well as opponents to learn coaching philosophies...we will have to learn a lot and have nothing to review on them because against us because we haven't played anyone in the big 10 since...um...michigan???

get my point???

football is football, and bo knows the big ten. as far as that shatel article, when haven't ksu, isu, kansas, or whoever not given us their best. the only difference is that their fans will be less tolerable than usual.

• Fire 1