Any aquarium enthusiasts?

I breed Tuxedo Platys and I've got way too many right now, so I'm giving some away for free if anyone needs some more fish for their aquarium. They are all tiny babies, and would make a great community fish for your aquarium, or you can use them as live food for your other fish. I'm located in west Omaha if anyone is interested. I'm not having great luck on Craigslist, so I thought I'd try here.

Here's a pic and a link for some info about them:

tuxedo_Platy.jpg

Tuxedo Platy

I breed Tuxedo Platys and I've got way too many right now, so I'm giving some away for free if anyone needs some more fish for their aquarium. They are all tiny babies, and would make a great community fish for your aquarium, or you can use them as live food for your other fish. I'm located in west Omaha if anyone is interested. I'm not having great luck on Craigslist, so I thought I'd try here.

Here's a pic and a link for some info about them:

tuxedo_Platy.jpg

Tuxedo Platy

I couldn't bear to put them in my tank. My clown loaches and tiger barbs would tear em apart.

If you ever know anyone who wants to get rid of those two types though, I have a 1/2 stocked 115 gallon that welcomes new arrivals.

Alright one of the Craigslist people that I thought had lost interest in the fish just randomly showed up at my apartment and took most of the fish. So sorry, no more fish available. :wacko:

But anyways, maybe we can switch up this topic a little. Is there anyone on HB that is into aquariums? What kind of setup do you have?

• 3 years later...

Alright one of the Craigslist people that I thought had lost interest in the fish just randomly showed up at my apartment and took most of the fish. So sorry, no more fish available. wacko.gif

But anyways, maybe we can switch up this topic a little. Is there anyone on HB that is into aquariums? What kind of setup do you have?

I've had aquariums all of my life. I currently have a 55 gallon tank with 2 channel cats and a peacock bass. First channel is about 4 inches and the second is about 3 1/2 inches and is an albino. Just got the peacock bass about three weeks ago and he is about 3 1/2 inches as well. Peacock is happily accepting feeders and only feeders. I tried cichlid pellets but he flat out refused them. Feeding the channel cats a mix of frozen bloodworms, krill, and shrimp. The peacock will easily outgrow the tank and i'm planning on getting a 240 gallon. Might catch a crappie to add in there. The channel cats will be going in a pond when they reach a decent size.

The peacock has quite the appetite for his size. Bought eighteen minnows yesterday around 5 or so, and they are all already gone. I have a couple pictures if you guys would like me to message them to you.

I love aquariums, had several growing up. I currently have a 29 gallon tank that is needing some fish. As of right now all I have in it is a king crown tail beta. Which I might hit the fish store tonight as my aquarium sounds really sad.

I love aquariums, had several growing up. I currently have a 29 gallon tank that is needing some fish. As of right now all I have in it is a king crown tail beta. Which I might hit the fish store tonight as my aquarium sounds really sad.

What are you thinking of putting in the tank?

honestly I don't know. I have a hard time with that. Because I love bright colorful fish. but you really don't have that option in fresh water. I do love eels but don't think you can really keep one in that small of a tank.

honestly I don't know. I have a hard time with that. Because I love bright colorful fish. but you really don't have that option in fresh water. I do love eels but don't think you can really keep one in that small of a tank.

That's why we went with cichlids this time.

That's why we went with cichlids this time.

cichlids are beautiful fish. I just don't have a tank I can put them in. I have found some bright colored fish that are classified as tropical freshwater. If you havn't seen any should look them up. But I bet no store in Lincoln carries them.