hated nebraska

i had be thinking about the last season road games in the big 12 this year, and it could be tough on the huskers. its seems that the fans of those teams don,t listen the regents meetings, or any of the stuff that separates fact from fiction,,all they know is that nebraska left. its true that nu left, but there were reasons that forced the issue, but the opposing fans could care less...nebraska will probably get booed out of every stadium they play on the road this year, maybe not as much at texas if they play them on the road, because they were not exactly angels this year.....what are your thoughts on the road games...

i had be thinking about the last season road games in the big 12 this year, and it could be tough on the huskers. its seems that the fans of those teams don,t listen the regents meetings, or any of the stuff that separates fact from fiction,,all they know is that nebraska left. its true that nu left, but there were reasons that forced the issue, but the opposing fans could care less...nebraska will probably get booed out of every stadium they play on the road this year, maybe not as much at texas if they play them on the road, because they were not exactly angels this year.....what are your thoughts on the road games...

I agree, teams will boo us Texas ran a very successfull campaign to try and pass the bame. To add on to the bolded point all they know is Nebraska left for more money. Ignoring the fact that Texas was blocking the money.

I cant see the other nine schools being happy with the reported deal which just means Texas gets richer and everyone else gets poorer. We will probably be bood but those teams need to face the reality that faced with a similar situation they all would have done the same thing.

I don't see Texas A&M giving us a hard time in the stands because they were inches away from bolting for the SEC. From what I gather, they're still pissed that the suits kept them in the Big 12 at the last minute. So I expect their fans to be quite tolerant, if not envious of us when we go down there.

I've also read that Iowa St. fans plan on turning their backs in the stands when we enter the field. At least that's the latest message board rally cry from Cyclone country anyway.

All 37 fans?

Quite honestly, I think there will be a huge showing of Husker fans travelling to the away games

This. I anticipate Big Red taking over their stadium.

And if they do turn their backs, who cares? They are Iowa State. Iowa EFFING State.

I've also read that Iowa St. fans plan on turning their backs in the stands when we enter the field. At least that's the latest message board rally cry from Cyclone country anyway.

All 37 fans?

Quite honestly, I think there will be a huge showing of Husker fans travelling to the away games

This. I anticipate Big Red taking over their stadium.

And if they do turn their backs, who cares? They are Iowa State. Iowa EFFING State.

We're are going to paint Trice red this year. Except I can't really blame them for being pissed. They're going to have less of a chance (not that they really ever had a chance) to win the league with the round robin. But I guess that's the price you pay to stay in a BCS conference.

But hey, not our problem. We'll pound them in their house one more time for good measure and say goodbye to the big12

I've also read that Iowa St. fans plan on turning their backs in the stands when we enter the field.

that's freakin' goofy! :dumdum

if our fans do that, we deserve what ever happens after the whistle. sportsmanship should extend to the sports fans.

of course every team has its...

It would be pretty cool if we got some huge standing ovations from other fans, but I don't see that happening. I am just hoping it stays cordial, because I can see some people getting out of hand and starting fights with some of our fans. It would be a shame if that happened. Make no mistake about it, we have an even bigger bullseye painted on our backs this year.

I don't see Texas A&M giving us a hard time in the stands because they were inches away from bolting for the SEC. From what I gather, they're still pissed that the suits kept them in the Big 12 at the last minute. So I expect their fans to be quite tolerant, if not envious of us when we go down there.

I'm not sure that I agree with this sentiment. But since there is a good chance I will be in College Station for this game, then I for one hope it does get a bit rowdy. Heck, anything but the utter apathy we where meet with in Waco last season would be a welcome site for me....

Either way I'll be sure to bring back a report from the front lines. :thumbs