Piling on!

mwj98

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/06/oklahoma-state-booster-t-boone-pickens-b.html

Don't know if this was posted. If so, my apologies.

I just about threw my shoe at the tv this morning after Dick Vitale...excuse me Dicky V, questioned nebraska's loyalty. I'm starting to get pissed off. People are starting to point the finger at nebraska for busting up the Big 12. When the fire alarm is going off and you see smoke....do you wait to verify and see the fire......or make a move?

I'm am no longer a Pickens fan. Good riddance.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/06/oklahoma-state-booster-t-boone-pickens-b.html

Don't know if this was posted. If so, my apologies.

I just about threw my shoe at the tv this morning after Dick Vitale...excuse me Dicky V Dukie V, questioned nebraska's loyalty. I'm starting to get pissed off. People are starting to point the finger at nebraska for busting up the Big 12. When the fire alarm is going off and you see smoke....do you wait to verify and see the fire......or make a move?

I'm am no longer a Pickens fan. Good riddance.

fixed it for ya.

let them blame us for busting up a dysfunctional conference, or accuse us of being disloyal (we were! and why would we have been loyal to that conference?). we are like America breaking up east and west germany, and Tu are the soviets who put up the wall.

plus, that is a lot of credit, so good for NU for wielding so much imaginary power/leverage.

obviously we are not at fault, but who cares. and if we truly are at fault, if one little school can destroy a conference, it was not going to last long.

Why in the world would you give a damn what T. Boone Pickens thinks of Nebraska? :dunno

He was a guy I admired for what he did for Okie State. That's why. Pumping money into a floundering program to name another...I still hold a special place for the Big 8, and after reading his book couple years back, I bought into his philosophy. And.....because Nebraska is being made the villian in this whole thing....and being born and raised in Texas, this type of publicity can kill recruiting. Coaches just love this type of ammo.

As a side note, I was recruited by Texas....hated them then and hate them even more now. The arrogance. I think that answers it.

Why in the world would you give a damn what T. Boone Pickens thinks of Nebraska? dunno.gif

He was a guy I admired for what he did for Okie State. That's why. Pumping money into a floundering program to name another...I still hold a special place for the Big 8, and after reading his book couple years back, I bought into his philosophy. And.....because Nebraska is being made the villian in this whole thing....and being born and raised in Texas, this type of publicity can kill recruiting. Coaches just love this type of ammo.

As a side note, I was recruited by Texas....hated them then and hate them even more now. The arrogance. I think that answers it.

And there is the strategy for this PR stunt.

Ok soo lets get this straight, we bolt from a sinking ship and some douche with deep pockets whose school doesnt even have enough balls to stand up to Texas and wants to bend over and be one of there many whipping boys and were the problem.......... Yea dont think so, he's just mad he got out smarted!!

Why in the world would you give a damn what T. Boone Pickens thinks of Nebraska? :dunno

Great. So are you going to get worried about everyone who throws bad words Nebraska's way, or just T. Boone's?

The guy has nothing to do with us. He's classless, he's hot air, and he's not going to have any affect on our recruiting whatsoever. If we continue to show improvement under Bo it won't matter what a thousand T. Boone Pickens say. If we suck this year it won't be because of him.

Great. So are you going to get worried about everyone who throws bad words Nebraska's way, or just T. Boone's?

The guy has nothing to do with us. He's classless, he's hot air, and he's not going to have any affect on our recruiting whatsoever. If we continue to show improvement under Bo it won't matter what a thousand T. Boone Pickens say. If we suck this year it won't be because of him.

Could not have said it better myself. You have to believe that T. Bone and and T.O. go back a ways, and yet he is setting fire to our program simply because of jealousy? A pretty lousy thing to do. What would he have done in T.O. and H.P.'s shoes?

Not to mention the recruiting game was already ruthless before this conference re-alignment ever happened. It just doesn't get publicity to prove it. But you know opposing schools are pitching to a kid to stay away from "School A" because of this, this and this.

Don't get me wrong, not every school employs that method, but it's definitely out there. Recruiting is all about selling, so part of your job is to downplay what other institutions offer in comparison to your own.

Aren't we being a little senstive? What did he really say? NU has always wanted to go to the Big 10. I have NO IDEA if wh he said is true. It may be, may not, don't know. You did go. You seem mostly happy about it. Why do you care that Boone Pickens said you were always tempted by the Big 10?

Somebopdy should ask Mr Pickens couple of questions.... What has Okie State done for the Big 12 conference?? How does it feel to always to be OU's prison b#@tch?

I just knew in the end that the other schools would make us look like the bad guy.

without nose pickin' okie light wouldn't have a gym to run plays, they have little support and no tradition.

nothing to see here, move along everyone... :rollin