How long until the Big 12 crumbles?

knapplc

The Big XII Death Watch Poll  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Give the new Big 12 a max of 5 years. After they get the supposed exit penalty money from CU and Nebraska. They will realize the TV revenue money wont be their like promised. OU,OSU and A&M will be the first to bolt, then conference will collaspe because everybody will be tired of what Texas is trying to do. Then the Big 12 will get swallowed up whole, between the Pac-10,MWC,C-USA, and SEC.

The Mountain West had a very good chance until the Pac-10 stole Utah. You don't lose the 31st largest market and replace it with something like the 103rd market and get an automatic BCS bid and a TV contract.

yeah but they traded for the same quality of football though. I think Boise State would be good enough to get MWC an AQ BCS bid. BYU does have a bigger presence in Utah than Utah. I don't think they lost much to be honest as far as tv ratings. People tuned in to see Boise St. play just as much as Utah. They did beat a good Sooner team that was one win away from playing for another national title.

my problem with giving them a aq bcs bid is that they deserve one now, but in 5 years, there is no reason to believe that there top 3 schools which earned them the aq bcs bid will still be at that same deserving caliber of play.

I voted two years because that will be enough time for the teams to have gotten the NU and CU money. My guess is that Texas struggles to get their own network going and decides to give in to another conferences demands, bc right now I'm not sure I see any other schools boning up and looking elsewhere

I voted two years because that will be enough time for the teams to have gotten the NU and CU money. My guess is that Texas struggles to get their own network going and decides to give in to another conferences demands, bc right now I'm not sure I see any other schools boning up and looking elsewhere

i think that is the deciding factor for how long the big 12 survives.

Something from rivals on my yahoo sports page:

http://rivals.yahoo....alignmentrelief

Read the comments after the article; did the HB membership post comments :laughpound j/k sounds like the whole nation loves Texass oops NOT

Official Disclaimer: I do not have a rivals subscription and this is a direct linky to the page and it is not PREMIUM stuff or whatever.

GBR

2-3 years.

I actually think the remaining teams stayed together to get the CU/ NU damages money.....or at least that $ had something to do with the current B12 staying together. When that is done everyone will be looking around.

I don't think Beebe can come up with a good enough TV deal- have you noticed how there seem to be few details here. Since he is a pawn for Texas I think he is just helping them stall until they get their own network fully functional.

Mizz looks pretty silly in all of this and they will still bolt to the B10 if asked. I still think they will be at some point in the next couple of years.

Mizz looks pretty silly in all of this and they will still bolt to the B10 if asked. I still think they will be at some point in the next couple of years.

I am hoping that MU has not pissed off the other AD's in the Big Ten with the stunts that they pulled this time. They need to learn to keep their powder dry, not run around making threats that they have no control over actually carrying through on. They look like a bunch of crybaby kids over there, and I am sure the Big Ten is looking at them and asking themselves "Do we really want to put up with this in our conference?"

Missouri needs to grow up, and learn to do the right things, and say the right things when appropriate, otherwise just shut up.