USC (07) or OU (09)

USC or OU stadium noise  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wasnt at either, so I am not at liberty to vote. However I do think this years UT game will be the louder.

I agree, I think the UT game is just going to be INSANE. OU was loud every down for the entire game, especially the 4th quarter.

Hopefully the prime time / college game day for the UTerus game will help the atmosphere.

The '09 Ou game was crazy loud. It was the perfect recipe for a night game, perfect weather during the day and everybody was all boozed up and pumped for that game. Plus, I think the fans were starting to believe that OU was beatable after Bradford went down. My forearms were alittle bruised from throwing the bones, didnt have a voice and i pulled some muscles in my fingers from holding up 3 fingers for all the three and out we had. But it was the best sunday morning after a game in a long time.

Ive already started brainstorming ideas for signs for Gameday when UT comes to town. That game is litterly gonna be insane. I recommend not taking small children to that game.

If you really want to go back, OU in 01 when Stuntz hit Crouch was the craziest thing I've ever been a part of. The stadium was like one giant living organism with people falling all over each other and ending up 4 rows off where they belonged.

This game was extremely loud, there was a Colorado game in 2000 where Brown hit a field goal with no time left, after Carlos Polk had returned a pick for a TD and spiked the ball (which he called before the game). That was a 4th quarter miracle and it was super loud that day and Barrnett broke his clipboard. HA

If you really want to go back, OU in 01 when Stuntz hit Crouch was the craziest thing I've ever been a part of. The stadium was like one giant living organism with people falling all over each other and ending up 4 rows off where they belonged.

This game was extremely loud, there was a Colorado game in 2000 where Brown hit a field goal with no time left, after Carlos Polk had returned a pick for a TD and spiked the ball (which he called before the game). That was a 4th quarter miracle and it was super loud that day and Barrnett broke his clipboard. HA

Is the the game winner? Second game ever that I went to with my dad, I was standing next to him and he said "he's not going to make it" I replied "Yes he will" I guess that makes me 2-for-3 prediciting games. The other one was this past years OU game and the only blemish was the recent big XII title game when I said he won't make it... I never hated being wrong so much then how i felt then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jrYf6RchkE

Is the the game winner? Second game ever that I went to with my dad, I was standing next to him and he said "he's not going to make it" I replied "Yes he will" I guess that makes me 2-for-3 prediciting games. The other one was this past years OU game and the only blemish was the recent big XII title game when I said he won't make it... I never hated being wrong so much then how i felt then.

haha...did anyone else notice that after he made the kick there was 3, at least 2, seconds left...nobody complaining about that

Well this is going back a ways, but CU 94 was the loudest I have ever heard the stadium for an entire game. Completely INSANE.

That was a night game, raining/sleeting the whole time, right? I was at that game, and it was very, very loud. McCartney was on the field the whole game bitching at the refs and the crowd was on him the whole time.

I was at 08' Colorado, 07 USC, and 09 Oklahoma. Over the course of one whole game, OU was the craziest/loudest. Although, the couple of minutes after Henery made the 57 yarder was the single loudest I've ever witnesses the stadium at any period, even if it was just for a few minutes.

I completely agree with this post. I was in attendance for all three games as well. Foran entire game, it was loudest the longest when OU came to town, but the Kick and ick was the single Ploudest I've ever heard Memorial. People just went crazy.....I saw an old man fall over (I thought he was having a heart attack), people were kissing total strangers while screaming, and I even grab some 7 year old kid and held him in the air shaking him (his Dad was laughing his arse off). The Kick and Pick were the single favorite moments I've ever seen in any sporting event.

+1 to you and Maudfather.

I have a great anecdote from this game. For the whole game, this early 20's punk who was a student at CU was standing in front of me (IN OUR STUDENT SECTION!?) After that lame-a$$ attempt at the fake kick at the end of the first, he just wouldn't shut up. The whole second half, he is just being a prick. So when the kick goes through, the student section goes nuts (obviously). There is practically a moshpit going on behind us, and I can see the push coming, so I square up and brace for the impact. The CU fan doesn't see it coming, so I just put my arms in the air when the push hit us, and took him down with me. Hard. He gets up and looks at me like he's gonna jack me in the face, but then realizes where he is, and slinks away into the concourse.

:bluffs

I was at 08' Colorado, 07 USC, and 09 Oklahoma. Over the course of one whole game, OU was the craziest/loudest. Although, the couple of minutes after Henery made the 57 yarder was the single loudest I've ever witnesses the stadium at any period, even if it was just for a few minutes.

I completely agree with this post. I was in attendance for all three games as well. Foran entire game, it was loudest the longest when OU came to town, but the Kick and ick was the single Ploudest I've ever heard Memorial. People just went crazy.....I saw an old man fall over (I thought he was having a heart attack), people were kissing total strangers while screaming, and I even grab some 7 year old kid and held him in the air shaking him (his Dad was laughing his arse off). The Kick and Pick were the single favorite moments I've ever seen in any sporting event.

+1 to you and Maudfather.

I have a great anecdote from this game. For the whole game, this early 20's punk who was a student at CU was standing in front of me (IN OUR STUDENT SECTION!?) After that lame-a$$ attempt at the fake kick at the end of the first, he just wouldn't shut up. The whole second half, he is just being a prick. So when the kick goes through, the student section goes nuts (obviously). There is practically a moshpit going on behind us, and I can see the push coming, so I square up and brace for the impact. The CU fan doesn't see it coming, so I just put my arms in the air when the push hit us, and took him down with me. Hard. He gets up and looks at me like he's gonna jack me in the face, but then realizes where he is, and slinks away into the concourse.

:bluffs

:laughpound

haha...did anyone else notice that after he made the kick there was 3, at least 2, seconds left...nobody complaining about that

SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Don't tell anyone :ahhhhhhhh