No more NU?

Where have you been? All of our new Big 10 members have been saying that Northwestern is "NW."

We're NU. We've always been NU, and we're going to stay NU. Northwestern can lay claim to to the moniker when they have six MNCs and/or more wins than Nebraska.

Maybe this will be our rivalry game. Instead of some trophy, we'll play for 365 day's use of NU. :D

• Fire 1

Thats just dumb. We've always been NU, we will always be NU. So some directional school stole it and happens to now be in our conference. Big deal.. Wisconsin stole our Big Red moniker, do we give that up too?

Hell No.

We ARE NU, We ARE Big Red. They can try to emulate us if they want but we will ALWAYS be the real deal and that won't change.

I don't think Nebraska should have to concede anything to the likes of the Mildcats v2.0. Especially considering the abbrev NW seems perfect for a school with the name NorthWestern....but hey what do I know.

In order to avoid confusion why don't we start referring to Nebraska as the NU, that way we can sound just as annoying as the Ohio st. Buckeyes do when they say it.

Where have you been? All of our new Big 10 members have been saying that Northwestern is "NW."

We're NU. We've always been NU, and we're going to stay NU. Northwestern can lay claim to to the moniker when they have six MNCs and/or more wins than Nebraska.

Maybe this will be our rivalry game. Instead of some trophy, we'll play for 365 day's use of NU. :D

So it's settled. We'll take NU :laughpound

This is something I've never understood about many midwestern schools. Why the letter of the university and then the U? I mean, it's the University of Nebraska (NU?) The University of Kansas (KU?) University of Colorado (CU?)...I mean, why? In the SEC we have AU for Auburn University, LSU for Louisiana State University, and MSU for Miss. State University and these abbreviations make sense. So again, why do many midwest schools do the opposite?