Who will we miss the most on defense? Rank 'em.

Here's my list:

1. Suh -No explanation needed.

2. O'Hanlon -Best open field tackler on the team. A beast in run support and developed nicely in pass defense.

3. Dillard -He was the only linebacker who stood out to me last year. Made some great reads and fills.

4. Asante -Another player that came on later in the year . . . but there should be someone who can step in for him.

5. Turner -We seem to have a LOT of quality depth at DE. Turner was good . . . but he doesn't look irreplaceable.

What do you think?

Here's my list:

2. O'Hanlon -Best open field tackler on the team. A beast in run support and developed nicely in pass defense.

3. Dillard -He was the only linebacker who stood out to me last year. Made some great reads and fills.

4. Asante -Another player that came on later in the year . . . but there should be someone who can step in for him.

5. Turner -We seem to have a LOT of quality depth at DE. Turner was good . . . but he doesn't look irreplaceable.

What do you think?

Suh- Obviously

Asante- Beleive I read several times that he was the one adjusting the D on field last year

O'Hanlon- Great heart, but we will be more physically talented at the position this year

Dillard- He got it mid senior year, but with the peso we'll be okay

Turner- Played decent, but never got fully up to speed

Here's my list:

What do you think?

Suh- Obviously

Asante- Beleive I read several times that he was the one adjusting the D on field last year

O'Hanlon- Great heart, but we will be more physically talented at the position this year

Cant disagree, I know i will miss Ohanlon the most. That kid left it on field every game and then some. That is something you just cant coach or teach.

1. Suh - For obvious reasons.

2. Dillard - Became a very solid MLB for us.

3. Asante - Smart defensively and made good calls for the D.

4. O' Hanlon - His heart and his ball hawking playstyle.

5. Turner - Good DE off the edge but never got to his full potential IMO.

• Fire 1

1. Suh - shut down the run (middle of the field), allowed QB pressure with 4 lineman which allowed more people in coverage.

2. Asante - Great job, tough, hit like an "old school" DB.

Tied for 3rd - D.Dillard & O' Hanlon - Both brought hustle, smarts to their positions.

5. Turner - was an "okay" DE. Maybe it was just he style of defensive line that Bo runs, but not enough end pressure.

But, I think we will be good on the line, very good in the backfield, question marks is linebacker.

GBR!!!

1. Suh: Man, am I glad he came back for his senior year. Suh is glad too.

2. Dillard: He was better than people realized at a position without much depth.

3. Asante: The guy could bring the wood. WRs feared Larry when they came over the top.

4. Matty O'Hanlon: Played big in big games. Maybe the best walkon to come along in several years. B12 D player of the week.

5. Barry Turner: He was good, maybe even great, but overshadowed by that guy playing to his right.

6. Colton Koehler: Don’t forget this guy. He stepped up when we needed him. Players like Koehler are what the walk-on program is all about.

1. Suh -The guy was our MVP last year.

2. Dillard -A very solid LB and I really don't know who we can replace him with.

3. O'Hanlon -Very good open field tackler who also had a nose for the football.

4. Asante -A solid safety. Didn't make many mistakes and could also lay a hit.

5. Turner -A good defensive end that was a nice compliment to the best defensive line in the country.

1. Suh - For obvious reasons.

2. Dillard - Became a very solid MLB for us.

3. Asante - Smart defensively and made good calls for the D.

4. O' Hanlon - His heart and his ball hawking playstyle.

5. Turner - Good DE off the edge but never got to his full potential IMO.

Just about couldn't a said it better myself. Asante's penalties won't b missed though, but I loved the guys intensity... hed bull ya over

1. Suh-doesnt take a genius to realize this one.

2. Dillard-Heady,physical MLB who really came into his own last year and was fun to watch.

3. Asante-Physical, smart Safety with decent open field tackling skills. But was a leader.

4. O'Hanlon-Great heart fun to watch, good open field tackler.

5. Turner-Good defensive end, really never got back to his freshman form after his injury.

Here's my list:

What do you think?

Suh- Obviously

Have to agree about O'Hanlon. He seemed the kind of guy with a great heart and great intangibles, but without all the physical tools he needed, especially foot speed. Too often he seemed to be a stride or two away from where he needed to be. I think we have guys with better physical skills replacing him.

Here's my list:

What do you think?

Suh- Obviously

Have to agree about O'Hanlon. He seemed the kind of guy with a great heart and great intangibles, but without all the physical tools he needed, especially foot speed. Too often he seemed to be a stride or two away from where he needed to be. I think we have guys with better physical skills replacing him.

I think you will be disappointed. Paul/Holt/Gilleylen were stronger/faster than Swift and Petersen. Zac Lee is faster/stronger than Joe Ganz.

O'Hanlon had more than adequate speed and he played like one of the smartest players on the field. Safety is at least as much mental as physical. The new players might be more athletic (however I think O'Hanlon's skin color might be making people discount him . . . he was a phenomenal athlete) but they will be a couple steps slower just because they won't be as heady/experienced. There will be a steep learning curve for the new safeties even if they have experience playing nickel or dime.

• Fire 1

Just like moving from Ganz up to Lee, right? ;)

EDIT: I should read the whole thread first...

you didn't miss anything...and i didn't think lee would be an upgrade to ganz...i thought last year we needed a seviceable qb for helu and burkhead...we didn't even get that though(say what you want...i thought our qb system as a whole was a major disappointment to the point i won't even say they were serviceable)

Here's my list:

What do you think?

Suh- Obviously

I think you will be disappointed. Paul/Holt/Gilleylen were stronger/faster than Swift and Petersen. Zac Lee is faster/stronger than Joe Ganz.

O'Hanlon had more than adequate speed and he played like one of the smartest players on the field. Safety is at least as much mental as physical. The new players might be more athletic (however I think O'Hanlon's skin color might be making people discount him . . . he was a phenomenal athlete) but they will be a couple steps slower just because they won't be as heady/experienced. There will be a steep learning curve for the new safeties even if they have experience playing nickel or dime.

Give up trying to back his "results" on the field. To many, as he wasn't a four or five star recruit he then.....sucks. That's just the way it is.

And oh yeah, what a titantic improvement Lee was over Ganz. We now have refined "3 & out" to a fine, fine perfection.