big 10 sucks

i still don,t like nu joining the big 10, allways hated he big 10....playing ohio state, penn state, they are eastern schools, location is a big problem in my book. i will go never like the move , regardless of osborn, etc....it was about money, nothing eles

i still don,t like nu joining the big 10, allways hated he big 10....playing ohio state, penn state, they are eastern schools, location is a big problem in my book. i will go never like the move , regardless of osborn, etc....it was about money, nothing eles

accordingly they wont base the divisions by east-west, but more on rivalry based. We probably will play PSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin every year, and some analyts think we'll share a cross over game with Michigan every year. Add to that that we will play OSU probably alot in the championship game, we have anything but a weak schedule.

The Big 10 just got better than the Big 12, besides we won't be in the weak side of an unbalanced division like we were in the Big 12.

accordingly they wont base the divisions by east-west, but more on rivalry based. We probably will play PSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin every year, and some analyts think we'll share a cross over game with Michigan every year. Add to that that we will play OSU probably alot in the championship game, we have anything but a weak schedule.

The Big 10 just got better than the Big 12, besides we won't be in the weak side of an unbalanced division like we were in the Big 12.

Hey corncraze, glad to see you finally come around on the Big Ten. I remember we debated the pros/cons in a couple threads a month or so ago. :thumbs

How about the fact that we are no longer in a conference that can be held hostage by one school. If the big 12 had accpeted the big 8 history, if the conference were ran fairly, and if there was equal revenue sharing. I would also appose the move, but since none of those happened. I'm all for the move

Okay.

If you cant bring yourself to realize that it was in the best interest of the University and State with all the reasons that were stated over and over for months before it became official I don't know what to tell you. Most people like the move. Beyond that the debate about going there is over. It happened so your options are limited to basically get over it and get on board.

guess the academic prestige and economic advantages for the state of Nebraska are not very high on your list either. :dunno

I've never been a grammar Nazi before. For the love of God would you please punctuate correctly. There's, don't not there,s, don,t Sorry :facepalm::LOLtartar

I have to admit..

I felt the same way as the OP for the first week.

I've hated all things Big-10 pretty much all my life...especially last year when I had to go to a bar to watch Nebraska play while the BTN was showing three different B-10 games on my TV at home.

I'm not too ashamed to say I'm not too old and set in my ways to admit some of you guys were able to change my mind.

The research grant/AIC thing was the kicker for me.

Now I have a whole season to start liking the product...Or Maybe my team can make the conference watchable the next season.

Hey corncraze, glad to see you finally come around on the Big Ten. I remember we debated the pros/cons in a couple threads a month or so ago. :thumbs

Dr. Tom won me over haha... that and I really saw the powers of Texas during that whole b12 melodrama.

I look ridiculous now dnt I? But I did say we should only make the move if it was absolutely necessary, I now realize that it was.

Besides might as well put a positive spin on the situation and accept it now that the move has happened

Think I desrve one of these though :facepalm:

I have to admit..

I felt the same way as the OP for the first week.

I've hated all things Big-10 pretty much all my life...especially last year when I had to go to a bar to watch Nebraska play while the BTN was showing three different B-10 games on my TV at home.

I'm not too ashamed to say I'm not too old and set in my ways to admit some of you guys were able to change my mind.

The research grant/AIC thing was the kicker for me.

Now I have a whole season to start liking the product...Or Maybe my team can make the conference watchable the next season.

Pretty much my situation

IIRC, the OP already started not one, but two threads wondering why we didn't try to get in the PAC 10, mostly because he lives in AZ, I think. At this point, all of the whining in the world isn't going to change the decision, so as someone else said, you might as well appreciate what's best for the university and not be so selfish.