I hope we schedule KU and Mizzou as nonconference games

I’m all in favor of our move to the Big 10. But I’m gonna miss playing a few of our longtime conference rivals like KU and Mizzou. Seems to me like KU and Mizzou would be great nonconference games leading up to our Big 10 schedule.

Probably several teams would make for good nonconf games from the Big 12 minus two.

this may happen. I hope so,but i was talking to some buddys back home over the weekend and if the big12 stays at 10 i dont know how likely it is to happen. Maybe with MU or most likely with OU or TX...someone like that. I just have a hard time seeing KU or lesser teams do this though. KU would have 9 conference games. Playing all 6 of the south teams. At this time I think we could all say they are worse than 5 of those south 6. Maybe even all six. They will have just 3 remaining north teams but are right now in a worse spot than atleast 2 if not all three. So lets say KU can only win 3 of 9 confernce games(this maybe on the high side), that means they have to run the table in non-con just to make a bowl. If they win less than 3 they have no chance at a bowl. I have a real hard time seeing KU or KSU going with 10 BCS conference teams out of 12 on their schedule. Maybe MU because they currently schedule in a pattern that includes atleast on major conference non-con game. But I even have doubt that it would happpen. I believe we are more likely to see some scrub teams like we do now, minus that one good game.

we can all hope for it, i just dont know how likely it is.

The bitterness of recent events might be too fresh yet for scheduling our Big 12 foes. Maybe further down the road (10-20 years), depending on what happens in the next round of re-alignments?

Our BCS-level OOC schedule is plenty stacked for the next 8 years with Washington (2010-11), UCLA (2012-13), Miami (2014-15), Tennessee (2016-17).

this may happen. I hope so,but i was talking to some buddys back home over the weekend and if the big12 stays at 10 i dont know how likely it is to happen. Maybe with MU or most likely with OU or TX...someone like that. I just have a hard time seeing KU or lesser teams do this though. KU would have 9 conference games. Playing all 6 of the south teams. At this time I think we could all say they are worse than 5 of those south 6. Maybe even all six. They will have just 3 remaining north teams but are right now in a worse spot than atleast 2 if not all three. So lets say KU can only win 3 of 9 confernce games(this maybe on the high side), that means they have to run the table in non-con just to make a bowl. If they win less than 3 they have no chance at a bowl. I have a real hard time seeing KU or KSU going with 10 BCS conference teams out of 12 on their schedule. Maybe MU because they currently schedule in a pattern that includes atleast on major conference non-con game. But I even have doubt that it would happpen. I believe we are more likely to see some scrub teams like we do now, minus that one good game.

Remember, Turner Gill is now at KU. If Mangino can get 10 win seasons well need I say more.

One of the reasons I love this Big Ten deal is now I can cheer for Turner year round.

I don't see any of those games ever occuring. The Big XII is going to be dead and I don't see TO wanting to go back to any game that would be associated with it. Even if it means ending a series that has gone on for a century!

Remember, Turner Gill is now at KU. If Mangino can get 10 win seasons well need I say more.

One of the reasons I love this Big Ten deal is now I can cheer for Turner year round.

I think you do need to say more, I think it's going to be a while before you see Turner with 10 wins. If he gets to hang around that long. As for as the schedule goes, besides KU and MU having their hands full in normal conference play, I think our plate will be pretty full also. With the possibility of 9 conference games, a championship game and already having BCS teams on for some on the non conference games. Not going to happen.

Ok...it's Turner Gill not Knute Rockne here. Mangino was a hell of a coach and his past track record shows that. Although I am a Turner Gill fan, I am not ready to crown him Big 12 coach of the year just yet.

Yeah I'd like a non-conference schedule with KU and Mizzou. I also like Oklahoma as a non-conference game.

Oklahoma has already said it wouldn't happen cause they don't wanna play both us and Texas every year.

I'm in for preserving the KU game, isn't it one of the longest continuous rivalries west of the Mississippi? Besides when the b12 breaks up they could very well join us in the b10, so maybe Wed only have to preserve it for a few years, probably til 2016 which actually might b pretty hard, but I say if we can do it-do it.

Yeah I'd like a non-conference schedule with KU and Mizzou. I also like Oklahoma as a non-conference game.

Oklahoma has already said it happen cause they don't wanna play both us and Texas every year.

I'm in for preserving the KU game, isn't it one of the longest continuous rivalries west of the Mississippi? Besides when the b12 breaks up they could very well join us in the b10, so maybe Wed only have to preserve it for a few years, probably til 2016 which actually might b pretty hard, but I say if we can do it-do it.

Oklahoma usually has a tough non-conference schedule so I don't know why they wouldn't want to play us.

Oklahoma has already said it happen cause they don't wanna play both us and Texas every year.

Stoops said he would like it to happen, but that it realistically couldn't happen for awhile. Like Nebraska, Oklahoma probably has their "big name" non-conference teams scheduled for the next decade. Nebraska is trending upward, and I don't think they want to have us on their already pretty tough schedules coming up unless we are the only tougher team on the schedule.

• Fire 1

How did Mangino get 10 wins? Four HUGE cupcakes in the OOC, (teams, not real cupcakes) B12 north, NU, CU and KSU were down, ISU is ISU so the only competition was MU. In the south they did not have OU, UTerus and TTech, but Baylor aTm (they were down) and only competition was OSU

Oklahoma usually has a tough non-conference schedule so I don't know why they wouldn't want to play us.

I still can't believe it has come to this. In the 70's and 80's, NU vs. OU was one of the biggest games of the whole season, let along being a huge rivalry. And now, trying to fit each other in every couple of years would (ho-hum) be nice if it works out.

How did Mangino get 10 wins? Four HUGE cupcakes in the OOC, (teams, not real cupcakes) B12 north, NU, CU and KSU were down, ISU is ISU so the only competition was MU. In the south they did not have OU, UTerus and TTech, but Baylor aTm (they were down) and only competition was OSU

well said. the only team KU played that had a winning record that year was MU, the last game of the regular season. They missed all the big 3 from the south and caught the rest of the north, minus MU, in their worst years. in other words. a perfect storm for KU. what they did following shows that it truely was a once every 100 years type of season

Whoops forgot the word "wouldn't "