best Husker pros?

Bob Brown (HOF)

Roy Lyman (HOF)

Guy Chamberlin (HOF)

Will Shields (12 Pro Bowls)

Neil Smith (6 PB)

Mick Tinglehoff (17 years, 6 PB)

Ahman Green

Mike Brown (Heart of the Chicago D when healthy)

Roger Craig

Vanden Bosch (3 PB) is still going...

Russ Hochstein (3 rings)

Don't forget that Neil Smith also won 2 Super Bowls with the Broncos.

nobody cares about the broncos :hellloooo

they're better than the jaguars

What about Rich Glover?

What about him? 2 years in the NFL, 1 in the WFL as a too-small DT. One of the all-time great Husker players, but he doesn't belong in any conversations about best pro Huskers.

OK before my time so didn't know that. Thanks

They played him out of his position. If they would have used him right, he would have been a standout player. No matter what anyone tells you, he could play.

GBR!!!

What about Rich Glover?

What about him? 2 years in the NFL, 1 in the WFL as a too-small DT. One of the all-time great Husker players, but he doesn't belong in any conversations about best pro Huskers.

OK before my time so didn't know that. Thanks

They played him out of his position. If they would have used him right, he would have been a standout player. No matter what anyone tells you, he could play.

GBR!!!

His position was middle guard, which didn't exist in the 4-3 defenses of the day. Maybe they should've put him at LB instead of DT, is that what you are suggesting? I can't remember what the knock was for LB but I remember hearing he just wasn't a good fit at any NFL position. I think he got injured before he really got a full chance. In any case, he never really proved anything in the NFL.

Know who holds the NFL single-game record with 3 field goals of 54 yards or more in one game? (including the 57 yard fg to win the game)

Really?

So if your bud asks you about the best Nebraska player - you're gonna lead with a kicker? facepalm.gif

Just kidding. I agree.

May as well add Erstad too.