Clouds on the Horizon?

I don't have a clue what he really meant either. It could be taken to mean so very many different things. Who knows?

Everything about our offense is still up in the air. Are we really going to get serious about developing a power rushing game? Or "sling the ball all around"? Or continue to be a jack of all trades but a master of none?

:dunno

I don't know but we're going to find out soon (thank God).

We are going to be a master of running our 'multiple' scheme on offense. This does not mean we must be one dimensional. Many teams have been known to both run and pass the ball over the course of a football game.

I don't have a clue what he really meant either. It could be taken to mean so very many different things. Who knows?

Everything about our offense is still up in the air. Are we really going to get serious about developing a power rushing game? Or "sling the ball all around"? Or continue to be a jack of all trades but a master of none?

We are going to be a master of running our 'multiple' scheme on offense. This does not mean we must be one dimensional. Many teams have been known to both run and pass the ball over the course of a football game.

Well, it would be great to "excel" at something offensively. Especially when we're playing something better than SunBelt teams that identity could come in real handy.

But anyway....it's great that you're happy with what we do. I hope with all my heart that you're right and we develop crushing "multiple" offenses for many years.

Well, it would be great to "excel" at something offensively. Especially when we're playing something better than SunBelt teams that identity could come in real handy.

But anyway....it's great that you're happy with what we do. I hope with all my heart that you're right and we develop crushing "multiple" offenses for many years.

We excelled at going three and out, doesn't that count for something.

That has been the coaching staffs standard reply to any questions regarding positions! However it does make you wonder if we had a a clear cut winner at quarterback if he would still say the same thing. I'm guessing he would! Bo will always make anyone bleed for their position!

The Bigger question is if offense can't produce what happens to Wats??

How far is Taylor Martinez from being ready to be a starter in college football?

That would be one you'd want to ask the coaches. If he could immediately transfer to any team in the nation, he's probably ready to go right now. At Nebraska he'll have to beat out a senior and a touted sophomore to prove he's ready. My guess is Taylor will see playing time in the Wildcat formation and backup duties. He's a heck of an athletic player you wouldn't want to keep on the bench.

How far is Taylor Martinez from being ready to be a starter in college football?

With the guys we have in front of him, not very far. The guys who are coming in are the ones I'm excited about.post-4425-127886112488.gif I'm just hoping someone surfaces that is better than the Lee I saw last year. Yes the Oline is the most important piece of the puzzle offensively, but why settle for mediocrity at qb. That's right, I said the "m" word.post-4425-127886100262.gif

Much to do about nothing here guys. This is what Pelini does. He says every position is an open competition so that the players that aren't "labeled" a projected starter keep that hunger and work hard and so that those that are "labeled" a projected starter don't get lazy.

Heck last season he even said Suh's position wasn't completely secure going into fall camp. Just because he said their is an open competition at QB, doesn't really mean mean that it is really an open competition at QB. It does mean that no matter who is the starter coming out of fall camp, wether they already know who that is or not - if they get lazy or someone else proves they are more capable in practice and in study at some point during the season that the starting job could be taken away.

Much to do about nothing here guys. This is what Pelini does. He says every position is an open competition so that the players that aren't "labeled" a projected starter keep that hunger and work hard and so that those that are "labeled" a projected starter don't get lazy.

Heck last season he even said Suh's position wasn't completely secure going into fall camp. Just because he said their is an open competition at QB, doesn't really mean mean that it is really an open competition at QB. It does mean that no matter who is the starter coming out of fall camp, wether they already know who that is or not - if they get lazy or someone else proves they are more capable in practice and in study at some point during the season that the starting job could be taken away.

THis is true. A great motivational tool. Best way to put the top 22 players on the field.