Does Alex Henery have another 11 yds in his leg?

Think there’s any way Alex Henery breaks the NCAA record this year? Would Bo go for it to break the record? Or do we need an end of game desperate situation to kick it?

NCAA field goal record:

67 yds. Steve Little, Arkansas vs. UT 1977 (wi 2 inch tee)

65 yds. Martin Gramatica, Kansas St. vs. Northern Ill. 1998 (w/o tee)

Think there’s any way Alex Henery breaks the NCAA record this year? Would Bo go for it to break the record? Or do we need an end of game desperate situation to kick it?

NCAA field goal record:

67 yds. Steve Little, Arkansas vs. UT 1977 (wi 2 inch tee)

65 yds. Martin Gramatica, Kansas St. vs. Northern Ill. 1998 (w/o tee)

I know that Kunalic split the uprights from a kick off once in 2007 at home. I don't remember what game it was, maybe ball state?... too bad FG's don't count from kick off -_- would have saved a lot of stress that game.

I think Kunalic has a better chance than Henery. Henery is by far the better FG Kicker, but I don't think he has quite the strength that Kunalic has. In warm-ups last season, Adi tried a 57 yarder and basically shanked it so bad it went out of bounds. He tried again, and hit the middle of the net behind the uprights. Probably would have been good from 67, it was amazing. It probably wouldn't be hard to block, but I don't think Henery has ever shown the ability to do that; his 57 yarders usually barely squeak by.

I think Kunalic has a better chance than Henery. Henery is by far the better FG Kicker, but I don't think he has quite the strength that Kunalic has. In warm-ups last season, Adi tried a 57 yarder and basically shanked it so bad it went out of bounds. He tried again, and hit the middle of the net behind the uprights. Probably would have been good from 67, it was amazing. It probably wouldn't be hard to block, but I don't think Henery has ever shown the ability to do that; his 57 yarders usually barely squeak by.

100% agree

I read something last summer (on this board I think) about Henery kicking a FG from 73 yards in practice.

i never heard that...but all i know is that when kunalic was in high school he won a kicking competition by making a 70-yarder on his first try...but if henery is that good i never heard any of that