The MFr's 10 Bold Predictions Thread

While you may not be impressed with Lee at all, and Green was a true freshman, I really can't see how you can be any more impressed with Green on the sample that we have. I get it's completely beating a dead horse here, but I just don't see it happening, unless Lee is injured.

Maybe BECAUSE he was a true freshman with less than half the time Lee had with the offense? I would certainly bank my money on the odds that Green improves significantly over Lee improving significantly.

So you're impressed with what Green did over what Lee did simply because green was a true frosh? That's ridiculous. I don't know one person who is actually more pleased with what green did last year than what Lee did. And yea, thats a really bold statement, the kid that has nowhere to go but up will improve more than the guy who led us to a blowout in the Holiday Bowl...impressive.

He also led us to a blowout loss against Texas Tech at home and a loss to Iowa freaking State. As for the Arizona game, he was 13 for 23 for less than 200 yards and averaged 3.6 yards per carry on the ground. Excuse me if I'm not blown away. Lee had a year to learn the offense and still showed a glaring lack understanding when attempting to execute it. Green didn't have that year, so it's hardly surprising he showed the same lack of understanding. It's hardly a bold prediction to say that odds are with a year in the offense, the more athletically gifted QB will improve more.

If it wasn't for gilleylen dropping everything he would have been around 17/23.

While you may not be impressed with Lee at all, and Green was a true freshman, I really can't see how you can be any more impressed with Green on the sample that we have. I get it's completely beating a dead horse here, but I just don't see it happening, unless Lee is injured.

Maybe BECAUSE he was a true freshman with less than half the time Lee had with the offense? I would certainly bank my money on the odds that Green improves significantly over Lee improving significantly.

I would too.

For a great season, we need Green or Martinez to step up.

Bold predictions my friend, especially Niles breaking 5 tds. I don't see it happening, that or Bell becoming a serious contributer as a freshman, but I hope I am absolutely wrong on this. I have a prediction though, our turnover margin drastically improves, I'm talking near 03 season potential here

Guys,

I haven't posted as much as I normally do this offseason (I know Okieland has probably been a wreck without me),but I was talking with one of my friends who is a Sooner fan about this season, our expectations for each team, and I got to thinking... So, without further adieu I present to you my 10 bold predictions.

I've been broken hearted you "MF'er" :lol:

Good to see you postin again

I like the predictions :koolaid2:

Here's a few of mine:

1. Burkhead has more rushing yards than Helu next season.

2. We pass for more than 3000 yards next season.

3. We win the Big 12.

4. Henery kicks a field goal of 57 yards or longer.

5. Amukamara is a top 10 pick in the draft.

Guys,

I haven't posted as much as I normally do this offseason (I know Okieland has probably been a wreck without me), but I was talking with one of my friends who is a Sooner fan about this season, our expectations for each team, and I got to thinking... So, without further adieu I present to you my 10 bold predictions.

1.) We will have two 1,000 yard rushers in Burkhead and Helu. Both are really solid backs and if they can both stay healthy, they certainly have a great chance at accomplishing this.

2.) 2010 recruit Kenny Bell will see serious PT as a true freshman. I REALLY like the film I've seen on this guy...very shifty, quick, good vision and elusive. I can see him making an impact at WR.

3.) Cody Green ends the season as the starting QB. I'm no Zac Lee hater, I am just really unimpressed with his game. I understand that he had a hurt elbow last year, but truth be told I don't think it will make a serious difference in 2010. I am far from in love with Lee's pocket presence and decision making.

4.) Eric Martin finds his way into a Blackshirt this season. I love Emart's physicality and the mean streak he plays with. I see him getting the mental aspect of LB down and getting that Blackshirt.

5.) Alex Henery wins the Lou Groza award. Rumpelstiltskin turned his leg to gold on November 28, 2008 and he's been money ever since.

6.) Taylor Martinez finds his way on to the field. The guy is a football player...he lead one of the nation's best high school teams, he's quick, with nice moves and good vision...could play a variety of positions because of his versatility. He'll be a solid player for Big Red.

7.) Niles Paul finally turns into a really dangerous return man and scores 5 or more TDs on returns. Niles is a gifted athlete and we saw flashes of great vision and cuts last year. I think he puts all the pieces together this year and becomes one of the premier returners.

8.) We break out the all whites for a road game this year. Say what you want about em, but I like the all whites and think they looked great with the white and red cleats against Colorado in 07.

9.) We have 3 All-Americans on this year's team. Could be Crick/Amukamara/Hagg/Henery/Gomes....any of the 3.

10.) Lastly, Ricky Thenarse turns into a key member of our secondary. I think he comes off the knee injury hungry and his game will reflect it. He was the more gifted athlete between him and O'Hanlon, but couldn't get the mental aspect of the scheme down. That knee injury very well could've been a blessing in disguise, giving him more time to get the defensive scheme down.

These predictions go down smooth with a nice glass of :koolaid2:. Feel free to add to the list.

Kenny is good, but he needs to add some weight before he'll see the field. Can't imagine you can block well at his weight.

Read on here that Bell needs to bulk up. He will be a impact player but not this year. Not feeling the CG love but 8 out of 10 isn't too shabby.

I like the predictions :koolaid2:

Here's a few of mine:

1. Burkhead has more rushing yards than Helu next season.

2. We pass for more than 3000 yards next season.

3. We win the Big 12.

4. Henery kicks a field goal of 57 yards or longer.

5. Amukamara is a top 10 pick in the draft.

those truly are BOLD predictions

Guys,

I haven't posted as much as I normally do this offseason (I know Okieland has probably been a wreck without me), but I was talking with one of my friends who is a Sooner fan about this season, our expectations for each team, and I got to thinking... So, without further adieu I present to you my 10 bold predictions.

1.) We will have two 1,000 yard rushers in Burkhead and Helu. Both are really solid backs and if they can both stay healthy, they certainly have a great chance at accomplishing this.

2.) 2010 recruit Kenny Bell will see serious PT as a true freshman. I REALLY like the film I've seen on this guy...very shifty, quick, good vision and elusive. I can see him making an impact at WR.

3.) Cody Green ends the season as the starting QB. I'm no Zac Lee hater, I am just really unimpressed with his game. I understand that he had a hurt elbow last year, but truth be told I don't think it will make a serious difference in 2010. I am far from in love with Lee's pocket presence and decision making.

4.) Eric Martin finds his way into a Blackshirt this season. I love Emart's physicality and the mean streak he plays with. I see him getting the mental aspect of LB down and getting that Blackshirt.

5.) Alex Henery wins the Lou Groza award. Rumpelstiltskin turned his leg to gold on November 28, 2008 and he's been money ever since.

6.) Taylor Martinez finds his way on to the field. The guy is a football player...he lead one of the nation's best high school teams, he's quick, with nice moves and good vision...could play a variety of positions because of his versatility. He'll be a solid player for Big Red.

7.) Niles Paul finally turns into a really dangerous return man and scores 5 or more TDs on returns. Niles is a gifted athlete and we saw flashes of great vision and cuts last year. I think he puts all the pieces together this year and becomes one of the premier returners.

8.) We break out the all whites for a road game this year. Say what you want about em, but I like the all whites and think they looked great with the white and red cleats against Colorado in 07.

9.) We have 3 All-Americans on this year's team. Could be Crick/Amukamara/Hagg/Henery/Gomes....any of the 3.

10.) Lastly, Ricky Thenarse turns into a key member of our secondary. I think he comes off the knee injury hungry and his game will reflect it. He was the more gifted athlete between him and O'Hanlon, but couldn't get the mental aspect of the scheme down. That knee injury very well could've been a blessing in disguise, giving him more time to get the defensive scheme down.

These predictions go down smooth with a nice glass of :koolaid2:. Feel free to add to the list.

:yeah

Everything but #8.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

• Fire 1

My predictions:

1. Zac Lee starts all year, barring injury.

2. Zac Lee throws for upward of 2600 yards and has a QB rating of at least 140. I'll guess and say 2700 and 145. He'll add a couple hundred on the ground, too.

3. We win 9 regular season games. The defense takes a step back and finishes in the 20's, while the offense does well despite Barney Cotton's best efforts and is a Top 30 unit.

4. One of these two: Hardrick, Lavonte - has a really unspectacular year while the other is decent. I'm guessing Lavonte has trouble finding his way onto the field, while Hardrick plays but isn't dominant yet.

5. Paul becomes the playmaker we all want him to be.

6. For all the hype, Tay-Mart accumulates maybe a couple hundred yards from scrimmage. Cody Green is the #2 QB, even if T gets the wildcat packages.

7. Jared Crick does NOT turn into the 'next Suh' and put up a monster Suh-like year.

8. Instead, Hagg commandeers the defense and becomes a true stud.

9. We're gonna see some REAL ugly safety play from a young group of safeties back there. We will miss Asante and O'Hanlon a thousand times more than we know. Good thing Alfonzo & Prince are lockdowns, but they can't do everything. Thenarse plays but a small role and doesn't come back from the injury like we'd hope.

10. We lose to Texas...and then beat the s--- out of them in the CCG. I could see it as the other way around, but that's not poetic enough and too painful for me to imagine...

I don't know...this is just me being realistic. I realize it's not as Kool-Aid laced as some of the other predictions (but come on, 5 return touchdowns? :P), but I prefer to have grounded expectations and let the team surprise me. As they did last year. It was pretty sweet.

Truth be told Kenny Bell needs a redshirt year. I see him as a major component to the future of our offense, but this kid imparticular would benefit immensly from a RS season.

My predictions:

1. Zac Lee starts all year, barring injury.

2. Zac Lee throws for upward of 2600 yards and has a QB rating of at least 140. I'll guess and say 2700 and 145. He'll add a couple hundred on the ground, too.

3. We win 9 regular season games. The defense takes a step back and finishes in the 20's, while the offense does well despite Barney Cotton's best efforts and is a Top 30 unit.

4. One of these two: Hardrick, Lavonte - has a really unspectacular year while the other is decent. I'm guessing Lavonte has trouble finding his way onto the field, while Hardrick plays but isn't dominant yet.

5. Paul becomes the playmaker we all want him to be.

6. For all the hype, Tay-Mart accumulates maybe a couple hundred yards from scrimmage. Cody Green is the #2 QB, even if T gets the wildcat packages.

7. Jared Crick does NOT turn into the 'next Suh' and put up a monster Suh-like year.

8. Instead, Hagg commandeers the defense and becomes a true stud.

9. We're gonna see some REAL ugly safety play from a young group of safeties back there. We will miss Asante and O'Hanlon a thousand times more than we know. Good thing Alfonzo & Prince are lockdowns, but they can't do everything. Thenarse plays but a small role and doesn't come back from the injury like we'd hope.

10. We lose to Texas...and then beat the s--- out of them in the CCG. I could see it as the other way around, but that's not poetic enough and too painful for me to imagine...

I don't know...this is just me being realistic. I realize it's not as Kool-Aid laced as some of the other predictions (but come on, 5 return touchdowns? :P), but I prefer to have grounded expectations and let the team surprise me. As they did last year. It was pretty sweet.

I dont like your predictions.. they make me depressed I would like to think that we could win more then 9 games next year :hmmph