610 AM in KC

Ok this morning I'm driving to work and I'm listening to Bob Fiscoe on 610 down here in Kansas City. There talking about where the teams will finish in the Big 12. Then at the end he says that if NU or CU wins the North the Big 12 should NOT let them play in the championship game and whoever finishes second should go. He doesn't stop there he then says that NU or CU should not take up the Big 12 bowl spots either. I about drove off the fing road. Both sports talk shows down here sucks!

:facepalm::facepalm:

Ok this morning I'm driving to work and I'm listening to Bob Fiscoe on 610 down here in Kansas City. There talking about where the teams will finish in the Big 12. Then at the end he says that if NU or CU wins the North the Big 12 should NOT let them play in the championship game and whoever finishes second should go. He doesn't stop there he then says that NU or CU should not take up the Big 12 bowl spots either. I about drove off the fing road. Both sports talk shows down here sucks!

I agree. I actually enjoyed 810 when I lived in Lawrence/KC for 6 years but 610 is a joke. KK sucks on 810 but the rest of the people seemed decent and without an agenda.

Chicago talk radio is TERRIBLE!!!!

I have never head anything good about 610. If you go check out the thread about Nebraska being a unanimous pick to win the North, there is an interesting post about one of the radio hosts down there. Apparently, he picked CU to win the North at 7-5 and OSU to win the South at 11-1. I'm all for having dissenting opinions as long as they can be reasonably validated, but there is no way in hell that scenario plays out.

Anyways, this guy just sounds like a pissed off Missouri/Kansas fan.

I agree. I actually enjoyed 810 when I lived in Lawrence/KC for 6 years but 610 is a joke. KK sucks on 810 but the rest of the people seemed decent and without an agenda.

Chicago talk radio is TERRIBLE!!!!

Chicago talk radio is pretty bad and almost NEVER talks about college football.

Just wondering if people were calling up and agreeing or disagreeing with him?

I have never head anything good about 610. If you go check out the thread about Nebraska being a unanimous pick to win the North, there is an interesting post about one of the radio hosts down there. Apparently, he picked CU to win the North at 7-5 and OSU to win the South at 11-1. I'm all for having dissenting opinions as long as they can be reasonably validated, but there is no way in hell that scenario plays out.

Anyways, this guy just sounds like a pissed off Missouri/Kansas fan.

That is Kevin Kietzman and if I remember correctly he is a huge K-State fan.

I heard it this morning too. I'm trying to give 610 a chance because last night was the final straw for me with 810. KK and his root for anyone playing NU drives me completely nutz - I end up getting home all pissed off. I don't know what I'm gonna do next year, they'll never talk about the 'Skers and/or B10.

I guess I'm gonna have to get XM or something . . . . .but I still want to get Royals and Chiefs news . . . . what to do

I heard it this morning too. I'm trying to give 610 a chance because last night was the final straw for me with 810. KK and his root for anyone playing NU drives me completely nutz - I end up getting home all pissed off. I don't know what I'm gonna do next year, they'll never talk about the 'Skers and/or B10.

I guess I'm gonna have to get XM or something . . . . .but I still want to get Royals and Chiefs news . . . . what to do

I prefer 610 over 810, however neither are very good. At this point I just want to steam roll the North to shut all of these idiots up.

Of course this would never happen, but I would bet that if it would occur, the Big 10 would love to have us fill in one of their bowl slots this year. It's called 'class'.

facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

#1- It's in the bylaws, if they did this, they could kiss any damages money from CU or NU goodbye. #2, the conference doesn't decide the bowl spots, teams are selected by the bowls in a pre-determined order. Hence why KU was picked over MU by the Orange Bowl in 2008, and why Iowa State got picked over MU this past year.

laugh2.gif

You guys shouldn't get so worked up over these guys on the radio in KC. It is mostly KU, MU and KSU guys and they hate the Huskers, I mean hate them. Put yourself in their shoes, in their lifetimes they have beaten NU perhaps 4, 5 maybe 6 times they have all been relegated to lower tier status when it comes to college sports and they can't stand it that NU was sought by the Big Ten and has now voted to leave them and join the Big Ten.

All they have now is to bash NU at every possible turn. Get used to it, because it will only get worse, especially if/when the Big XII folds in the next 5 to 10 years. The hate will spew even more then.

I have adopted the policy to just laugh at them when they give me hell for being a Husker fan. I ask them if it's true they have to send their diploma's back to the school to get the Longhorn seal put on them for them to be valid. They hate it when I ask them how things are going at the University of Texas at Columbia.

Just take it all in stride, smile and realize that they are so stinkin' jealous that they are obsessed with the Huskers and wanting them to fail. It makes listening to all these boobs much more tolerable.

If K-State Kevin Kietzman (sp) bugs you so much if you want to hit him in the pocket book get the NU Alumni Association to find a different station than 1510/810 to air the Husker games in KC. He's a part owner.

Hope this helps.

• Fire 1

also, it would be kind of funny if NU did win the north and they did not let them playing in the CCG. i mean, talk about losing all credibility. it would almost be worth it to watch the big 12 start its shame existence before it even fell apart.

also, that guy is a troll on an antiquated medium of communication.

The thing that gets me is that Nebraska (and probably CU for that matter, but I don't follow them as closely) have handled this matter in the classiest way possible. No 'f-you's' to anybody--maybe a small, deserving one to Texas. What is wrong with wanting to better your situation? Nebraska saw an opportunity to leave, and they took it. That's what these Kansas-Missouri people are truly upset about: they don't get to leave with us!

• Fire 1

The thing that gets me is that Nebraska (and probably CU for that matter, but I don't follow them as closely) have handled this matter in the classiest way possible. No 'f-you's' to anybody--maybe a small, deserving one to Texas. What is wrong with wanting to better your situation? Nebraska saw an opportunity to leave, and they took it. That's what these Kansas-Missouri people are truly upset about: they don't get to leave with us!

exactly, it is sour grapes, plain and simple. somebody's mother forgot to read her son some aesop's fables.