Whats with the Hate..........

I ask the same question on why so many Husker fans have such venom towards the Horns.

I can empathize that loss, after loss, after loss, to the same team can build some frustration (See UT's record vs. OU in early 2000's) but some of what I read from Husker fans is a bit extreme.

I concur. It is a bit extreme. It's quite likely that we could very well be heading off to the Big 10 with a 10% winning percentage against Texas while we were in the Big 12. Texas seems butthurt that we're leaving the Big 12, but if Nebraska loses to Texas this year you won't even know butthurt until seeing this board after the game.

I have never really cared much for Texas myself, but it has nothing to do with losses we've sustained to Texas. My disliking of Texas stems from the fact that Texas and Mack Brown should have at least one if not more NC's under their belt. Mack Brown caved into pressure and started an inferior QB over a proven winner. Mack Brown gave up a lot of hardware to get Phil Simm's one million donation.

I disagree. While the losses certainly are frustrating, ever since 2002, there is no reason for NU to even be close in those games. tu has LOADS of talent while NU does not. tu should be embarrassed that it normally takes a bounce of a ball here, a lucky break there, a missed call here, and extra second there to beat an inept, un-talented, irrelevant team.

What about the first 5 or 6 years in the Big 12? People can say all they want, but TO got outcoached plain and simple in the 1996 Big 12 Championship game. We've had 4 coaches who've went up against Texas since we've been in the Big 12. Solich is the only one who's managed a victory. When the Big 12 was formed, Texas really wasn't relevant. They fired a coach just like we did. Texas in the 90's had very similar records to Nebraska in the 2000's with some nice 5-6, 6-5, and 7-4 seasons.

Again, that loss in 96 was frustrating, even players from that time say that game was the hardest loss because we were better and there were other reasons why we lost that game. But that is not the reason for MY hatred towards Texass. It's their arrogance, self importance, and thought of entitlement.

It's not that we're arrogant, it's just that we know we are luckier than you :woo HOOM'EM :woo:):)

fixed

I ask the same question on why so many Husker fans have such venom towards the Horns.

I can empathize that loss, after loss, after loss, to the same team can build some frustration (See UT's record vs. OU in early 2000's) but some of what I read from Husker fans is a bit extreme.

I concur. It is a bit extreme. It's quite likely that we could very well be heading off to the Big 10 with a 10% winning percentage against Texas while we were in the Big 12. Texas seems butthurt that we're leaving the Big 12, but if Nebraska loses to Texas this year you won't even know butthurt until seeing this board after the game.

I have never really cared much for Texas myself, but it has nothing to do with losses we've sustained to Texas. My disliking of Texas stems from the fact that Texas and Mack Brown should have at least one if not more NC's under their belt. Mack Brown caved into pressure and started an inferior QB over a proven winner. Mack Brown gave up a lot of hardware to get Phil Simm's one million donation.

I disagree. While the losses certainly are frustrating, ever since 2002, there is no reason for NU to even be close in those games. tu has LOADS of talent while NU does not. tu should be embarrassed that it normally takes a bounce of a ball here, a lucky break there, a missed call here, and extra second there to beat an inept, un-talented, irrelevant team.

What about the first 5 or 6 years in the Big 12? People can say all they want, but TO got outcoached plain and simple in the 1996 Big 12 Championship game. We've had 4 coaches who've went up against Texas since we've been in the Big 12. Solich is the only one who's managed a victory. When the Big 12 was formed, Texas really wasn't relevant. They fired a coach just like we did. Texas in the 90's had very similar records to Nebraska in the 2000's with some nice 5-6, 6-5, and 7-4 seasons.

Again, that loss in 96 was frustrating, even players from that time say that game was the hardest loss because we were better and there were other reasons why we lost that game. But that is not the reason for MY hatred towards Texass. It's their arrogance, self importance, and thought of entitlement.

It's not that we're arrogant, it's just that we know we are better than you :woo HOOM'EM :woo:):)

HOOM'EM?

Texas is sooooooooo overrated you guys have a top 3 recruiting class every year and you have only won 1 national title since 1970 and 3 big12 titles and that title in 1970 doesnt really even count.. you guys were voted in the upi poll as national champions before you even played your bowl game.. and you ended up getting steam rolled in that game so really you only have 3 titles because that one was bogus.

It's not that we're arrogant, it's just that we know we are better than you :woo HOOM'EM :woo:):)

But you're not. With all the talent you have in state just begging to play for the Horns, you have three national championships and one laughable gift "championship."

How does a program with the resources, the players, the following and the national exposure of Texas feel they are "better than" anyone when they can't even remain competitive with podunk Nebraska in the MNC race? And it's not like you had a difficult road to undefeated seasons and national championships - you played in the SWC for 75 years, a conference that had one powerhouse team - you.

It's just embarrassing for Texas Fan to pump themselves up like this when you have so grossly underachieved for so many, many years.

So i don't hang around the board much and i don't watch espn or anything during the off season because i need to focus on life. When it gets closer to august i start to become obsessed about NU football and whatnot. But with all this conference stuff i've paid more attention and now i have some questions for the Husker Board.

Whats with the NU hate. Why are so many teams thinking nebraska is the biggest pile of sh#t for leaving the big 12. All i have heard for the past 5 years is that we are irevelant anymore. We cant win the big games, we don't matter in the scheme of football anymore. So we leave to better ourselves and now all the other big 12 teams hate us. No one is hating on colorado and they jumped ship first. I thought we didn't matter, i thought we weren't anything special anymore. So many backward mother f'ers topsy tervy people who dont know sh#t from f#*k. Im so sick and tired of the media playing nebraska to be the bad guy. What the f#*k is so huge about us leaving because no one cared about us before.

And on top of that what the hell is the hate for NU before all of this. The team has won 5NC which is a good amount and had a decade of kickass football but thats in the past. Why are so many people holding a grudge for nebraska. Im wondering if people in other states have this because in iowa there is just a hate for them.

I have a feeling its going to be even worse living here with the iowa fans. I have no problem with iowa fans but aparently they have a problem with me. Its just a football game guys. I like winning just as much as the next guy but im not going to sit there and spend 15 minutes of my day talking about how awsome the 90s were or my 5NC i have sh#t to do. And even so i didnt win those, im just a guy who wears a jersey, watches the games. I didnt run of the field for that stuff. Thats why i dont take it that seriously and you shouldnt as well. But there are always going to be crazies out there i guess. I guess i have better things to do with my time then worry about what your qb is doing so why are you obcessed with my teams.

End Rant.

i agree.... obviously we arent from these areas but you didnt hear things like this when schools change from acc to big east or what not. i just dont get what all the drama is about. nebraska changed for the better. is there something wrong with that? i think not. If texas decided to go to the sec all of a sudden i dont think anyone in the big 12 would be b*tching one bit.

Just like not all nebraska fans are cocky and throw out the 5nc thing.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

didn't you just do that?

The team has won 5NC which is a good amount and had a decade of kickass football but thats in the past.

in this thread in fact?

:LOLtartar