Return another favor

I was still in high school when the OSU debacle in Lincoln. I live in Oklahoma, so all of my OSU friends were mouthing off prior to the game and I had a few bets going on. I was at an academic team tournament during the game and had a friend texting me the score. I thought he was joking with me for the longest time until I got to a TV and saw the score on the bottom line. I got the sickest feeling in my stomach, like when we lost to Mizzou and nearly lost to Ball State in 07.

Maudfather + "academic team tournament" = who knew :dunno

Oh, "in Oklahoma" explains things

I kid

:rollin

I was still in high school when the OSU debacle in Lincoln. I live in Oklahoma, so all of my OSU friends were mouthing off prior to the game and I had a few bets going on. I was at an academic team tournament during the game and had a friend texting me the score. I thought he was joking with me for the longest time until I got to a TV and saw the score on the bottom line. I got the sickest feeling in my stomach, like when we lost to Mizzou and nearly lost to Ball State in 07.

Maudfather + "academic team tournament" = who knew :dunno

Oh, "in Oklahoma" explains things

I kid

Big fish, little pond :)

We were celebrating the anniversary of our 1997 national championship. The whole 97 team and staff was there for that game. I normally hold players accountable for not making plays and not winning games, but during the Callahan era we were so poorly coached that I find it very hard to be critical of the players on those particular teams. I felt so badly for the guys that day. How embarassing was that? I was embarassed and I didnt even play. It was after this game that Callahan and his staff erased all doubt from my mind of what needed to happen.

It took you that long? :huh:

I had a few doubts before this game. But this game erased them from my mind.

I also had a few doubt before this game. But this game erased my mind.

We were celebrating the anniversary of our 1997 national championship. The whole 97 team and staff was there for that game. I normally hold players accountable for not making plays and not winning games, but during the Callahan era we were so poorly coached that I find it very hard to be critical of the players on those particular teams. I felt so badly for the guys that day. How embarassing was that? I was embarassed and I didnt even play. It was after this game that Callahan and his staff erased all doubt from my mind of what needed to happen.

It took you that long? :huh:

I had a few doubts before this game. But this game erased them from my mind.

I also had a few doubt before this game. But this game erased my mind.

Musta erased mine too.

I don't remember it at all. :dunno

I dont really want to remember that game at all even if the reminder is vengeance. The media report that came out abotu people leaving at half time, the discrace of being 4-6(I believe our record after that game), the realisation that we would not make a bowl game. The only thing possitvie about that game was that it was Cali's final nail and essential the start to the Bo era.

I actually had a very similar experience as yours except mine was with the Texas Tech game in '04. I was on a date or something (date was ok, but I didn't think watching a Nebraska game was a first date kinda thing (I do live in Georgia)) and one of my fraternity brothers calls and leaves a message like "if it makes you feel any better, it can't get worse, they've already let up 70 points!" I too thought it was a joke until I "went to the bathroom" at the restaurant, got the bartender to switch the station really quick, got a look, got a shot, went back to the table, punched my date in the face and went home. True story...except the punching part.