Made the decision to quit

Just like dizzturbed, I've made the decision to quit smoking. I've tried in the past but was never successful. Been on the patches, gum, Zyban and even tried going cold turkey. None of it really worked. This time I'm trying Chantix. Two guys I know who smoked both took Chantix and had great success so I hope to be able to have the same results. Taking my first dosage this morning...should be interesting. I told my wife one of the side effects is vivid dreams. Said things could get interesting at night after her and I fall asleep :corndance Just hope I don't head-butt her again :hellloooo

So we shall see how things go.

been clean for 14 years except for the worn down teeth chewing gum. :horns2

It was illuminating realizing how terrible people smell when they smoke. Never knew it. I will be transporting a patient and roll into an elevator and DAMN someone had been in there who had smoked and it still reeked. :)

Good Luck be strong be loud and beat the cigs

GBR

Good luck man. I agree with you the smell is awfull....whenever I visit my In-laws who smoke and staying at their house for a weekend and then coming home to realize that their cigarette smell has followed me home and my extra clothes would smell too. My wife and I told them if they want to see their grandkids that they'll have to stop smoking...harsh but true. Good luck :throwdabones1:

Good luck man. I agree with you the smell is awfull....whenever I visit my In-laws who smoke and staying at their house for a weekend and then coming home to realize that their cigarette smell has followed me home and my extra clothes would smell too. My wife and I told them if they want to see their grandkids that they'll have to stop smoking...harsh but true. Good luck :throwdabones1:

HA! That's exactly what my wife told her dad!!! Wow. Thankfully, it has made my wife never want to be around it.

Quick update...I wasn't able to start the Chantix this morning. After making the initial post, I grabbed the Chantix bottle and reading the prescription lablel, I realized the gave me the wrong dosage. I'm supposed to start with one 0.5mg tablet for days 1-3 then increase dosage to 2 0.5mg tablets for days 4-7. Day 8 I'm supposed to increase the dosage to two 1mg tablets per day. The prescription I was given said to start the 1mg tablets twice a day :hellloooo I called the doctors office to tell them the problem and they fixed the dosage and gave me a new prescription that I wasn't able to pick up until this afternoon. Soooo...I'll take my first dose tomorrow morning.

I think I'm ready to quit this time. Tired of the smell, taste, costs, etc.