If you could bring back any Husker from the past?

It’s kinda fun to image these great Huskers from the past lining up with the team again. I wonder if any of the current 2010 players would be mentioned if this thread was started 10 years from now?

Offence - Crouch. Though cocky he got the job done. If he couldnt find the play he made the play.

Defense - Suh. Hes a playmaker and as long as you know his name you would fear him. He had a physical and psyological edge.

Crouch cocky? Have you ever met the guy before and actually had a few conversations with him? He is not cocky.

To those who picked Frazier.... I think Frazier is a horrible pick for this team. He was born and raised to run the option. Watson would not call enough option plays for him to thrive on this team. Remember how most of Frazier's passes had to be dug out of the ground? It took someone as short as Abdul Muhammad to scoop most of those shoe lace passes. Remember a team commanded by him without 8 turnovers lost to a very bad Iowa State team.... If we were an option team still, then without a doubt I would pick Frazier.

On offense I pick Shields. On defense Wistrom.

Offence - Crouch. Though cocky he got the job done. If he couldnt find the play he made the play.

Defense - Suh. Hes a playmaker and as long as you know his name you would fear him. He had a physical and psyological edge.

Crouch cocky? Have you ever met the guy before and actually had a few conversations with him? He is not cocky.

To those who picked Frazier.... I think Frazier is a horrible pick for this team. He was born and raised to run the option. Watson would not call enough option plays for him to thrive on this team. Remember how most of Frazier's passes had to be dug out of the ground? It took someone as short as Abdul Muhammad to scoop most of those shoe lace passes. Remember a team commanded by him without 8 turnovers lost to a very bad Iowa State team.... If we were an option team still, then without a doubt I would pick Frazier.

On offense I pick Shields. On defense Wistrom.

Yeah, I agree that Frazier——arguably the greatest Husker ever——would not be a good fit to help out this team. Gerry Gdowski mentioned above by RedSteel would be a LOT better. Turner Gill would light up the scoreboard too.

I was hoping nobody would beat me to it, but my vote goes to Zac Taylor as well.

I love Zac Taylor to death but I don't think he would've been the best for the needs we currently have. The guy may as well not have had feet for running. Super precise passer, great leader, knew the offense, but don't we need a QB who can do both?

Feel free to prove me wrong. And I still love Zac Taylor.

Offense: Joe Dailey

Defense: Corey McKeon

With those awesome picks, I nominate Santino Panico for special teams.

I know how people often criticise players and say "hey I can do that!" I can say with absolute certainty, that even at 37 years old I would be a more effective punt returner.

Of all the QB's that we've had to run what I think we're going to try and run for an offense, I'd have to go with Berringer. He could pass, and he was a pretty good runner as well. However, I believe the biggest need is on the OL. Therefore, I'm going with Wiegert.

On defense, there's really only one choice for me and it's Farley. He was simply electrifying out there. Our defense seemed to begin to struggle when we went away from the undersized but extremely fast LB's.

Offense- Joe Ganz; He knew the offense better than Watson.

Defense- Demorrio Williams; Remember how much of a beast he was when Bo was our DC.

I agree with this.

QB/O-Line is where our biggest weaknesses are, so I would think that improving one of these positions would improve the offense the most. I am unsure of how much of an impact one lineman could make when the rest are average, so I say pick a QB. And our playbook and personnel are built perfectly for Joe Ganz. We aren't built to run triple options anymore, so I don't think a Frazier or Gill would be as effective as they were when they actually played.

Defensively, biggest weakness is clearly linebacker. Demorrio Williams, Carlos Polk, Trev Alberts, etc. Either one of those would be exceptional.

FWIW, those who are picking Trev at LB, he was more of a rush end than an OLB.

Offense-Wiegert, Shields, Remmington, A. Taylor, Berringer, Gdowski, McCant, Gill, Frazier.

Defense-Suh, Peter, Wistrom, Alberts, Minter, Veland, Polk, Foreman, Ellis, Stewart, Farley, J. Williams.

All could help. It's too tough to pick.