Suh working with first string D

GSG

One of the reasons I do not like pro football(sports)

It is not about team and loyalty, it is all about money. I had hoped he was above the bickering and ploys, but it appears he has learned to play the game.

Riola wants him there, he agreed he would be there. They need all the help they can get and Suh was a major part of fixing the problem, the team mate has every reason in the world to want him there.

In honesty he has fallen a little in my book due to his hold out. We have turned these athletes into something they really should not be, they are playing a game and getting way way way way way over paid for it. Not one single player deserves the money they are making currently. It is getting way over board and has to find a limit soon.

Getting 40 million dollars and has never seen a snap. Truly beyond belief. Reality has left the building.

I wish him luck, and will follow his career but not with the excitement I had thought I would. Will not be buying a jersey, but I have never bought a professional jersey for any player. Take that back, bought a Kobi jersey for the wife.

Glad for the Lions he is in camp.

Its not just him, its his agent talking.

It's odd not seeing him in 93.

Is this game only available in Nebraska on t.v. if you have some type of NFL package? I've got digital cable so I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this.

Do you have Time Warner? Their digital package should have NFL network...I just got it for free

Time Warner does not carry the NFL Network....

Isn't that what the preseason games have been aired on in the last week? I've watched half and have the other half dvr'ed

Is this game only available in Nebraska on t.v. if you have some type of NFL package? I've got digital cable so I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this.

Do you have Time Warner? Their digital package should have NFL network...I just got it for free

Isn't that what the preseason games have been aired on in the last week? I've watched half and have the other half dvr'ed

Everything I see is on ESPN, Fox, and CBS.

My mistake. DVR is making things too easy...I don't even know what channels I do/don't have anymore :wacko:

My mistake. DVR is making things too easy...I don't even know what channels I do/don't have anymore :wacko:

No big deal but thanks for trying. :koolaid2:

I'll have Time Warner when I get to back to Lincoln but I'm in Omaha till Monday so we have Cox.

:P all good.. just hope that TWC ponies up and figures out some agreement with ABC/ESPN before september 2nd... i will freak if we lose espn for even a day.....

Its not that. We are paying these guys tremendous amounts of money to play a game. Way over what they should be paid.

It seems so childish to me to hold out when you have been promised millions of dollars to play a game. There are a lot of kids laying their lives on the line that will never see what some of these guys get for one stinken game, IN THEIR LIFE TIME.

Others that we depend on to save our lives, bring us back to health and educate our children, could never dream of what he will make for two games. Is it out of line.

No hate for Suh by any means, I just hate the professional side of sports, always have.

:P all good.. just hope that TWC ponies up and figures out some agreement with ABC/ESPN before september 2nd... i will freak if we lose espn for even a day.....

What's the problem with TWC and ABC/ESPN? I'm new to TWC, haven't heard yet?

Its not that. We are paying these guys tremendous amounts of money to play a game. Way over what they should be paid.

It seems so childish to me to hold out when you have been promised millions of dollars to play a game. There are a lot of kids laying their lives on the line that will never see what some of these guys get for one stinken game, IN THEIR LIFE TIME.

Others that we depend on to save our lives, bring us back to health and educate our children, could never dream of what he will make for two games. Is it out of line.

No hate for Suh by any means, I just hate the professional side of sports, always have.

You definitely have an organization first mentality. Nothing wrong with that though.

I generally have a player first mentality. In fact, I would recommend reading this article that was on ESPN yesterday. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100813

It is very long but also very insightful. Sometimes, players are treated very poorly by an organization. Fans usually see this situation in black and white, when it is generally far more complicated.

In Suh's case, I agree with a holdout. Sam Bradford was the number one pick and he was guaranteed $50 million. Gerald McCoy was the number three pick and was guaranteed $30 million. Suh deserved a number somewhere in between there, given the organization's high opinion of him and need for his abilities.

But it's not just him saying I need more money.. It's his agent negotiating for him.. Sure i know people will say, fire the agent.. not the point of it.. The agents have to make their living too and if they get a bigger contract for their client, the more they are going to get and the more clients they will get. Yes, you may think that he is making more for playing football than he deserves, but think what kind of money the NFL makes. With everything it brings in, he really isn't getting much more than what he deserves.

What's the problem with TWC and ABC/ESPN? I'm new to TWC, haven't heard yet?

The current agreement between TWC and ABS/ESPN ends on September 2nd. They are in negotiations and have been for the past few months, supposedly. It is possible that they won't come to an agreement before then, and we will lose the ABC family.... Now, TWC would be writing their own obituary if they allowed that to happen, so I'm sure they'll come to an agreement and we'll see our rates rise as TWC customers, it is possible to lose them.

One of the reasons I do not like pro football(sports)

It is not about team and loyalty, it is all about money. I had hoped he was above the bickering and ploys, but it appears he has learned to play the game.

Riola wants him there, he agreed he would be there. They need all the help they can get and Suh was a major part of fixing the problem, the team mate has every reason in the world to want him there.

In honesty he has fallen a little in my book due to his hold out. We have turned these athletes into something they really should not be, they are playing a game and getting way way way way way over paid for it. Not one single player deserves the money they are making currently. It is getting way over board and has to find a limit soon.

Getting 40 million dollars and has never seen a snap. Truly beyond belief. Reality has left the building.

I wish him luck, and will follow his career but not with the excitement I had thought I would. Will not be buying a jersey, but I have never bought a professional jersey for any player. Take that back, bought a Kobi jersey for the wife.

Glad for the Lions he is in camp.

The players generate so much more revenue for the teams than what they make it's not even funny. That, in a nutshell, is why I'll never fault a player for getting whatever money he can while he can, because the organization won't hesitate to kick a player to the curb the second his level of play begins to decline.

It's a business, remember that.

the organization won't hesitate to kick a player to the curb the second his level of play begins to decline.

It's a business, remember that.

This, apparently, is a hard thing for many people to wrap their brains around. The NFL is a business. The NCAA is becoming more business-like every day.