Lincoln Restaurants?

I'm a pretty avid restaurant goer (AKA I love food) and being new to Lincoln, I hardly know anything about whats good.

If you've got a favorite place or joint that you really like, let's hear it. And what's your favorite thing there?

ALL kinds of restaurants welcome! :snacks:

Freakin' GSG stealin' my Lazlo's thunder. :cry But seriously, go to Lazlo's. Best pub food in town.

For pizza you should go to Lazzari's and YiaYia's, which are across the street from each other downtown on O Street.

If you've never had Jimmy John's, that's your new favorite sandwich shop. Also downtown.

I've heard good things about Five Guys Burgers at 13th & P, but I've also heard it's expensive for a burger joint.

For Chinese you must go to Panda Garden at 48th & O between Super Saver and Target. Excellent, excellent food. Try the Panda Chicken.

I ditto Yia Yia's and Lazlos. Marz Martini bar use to have some pretty adequate Tapas food and I loved the atmosphere. Of course there is the Z plate at Ali Babas(I believe) or the other greek place that is right next door. Also for a pretty different experience there is the Blue Orchid and Sherz PunJab- correct my spelling please, by the campus at about 17 and P. Misty's for prime rib. For 24 hour munchies go to DeLeons on West O. They have other locatons, but I don't like them as much. This Deleons is drive thru only

I have heard of a cafe on West O that people rave about, but I have never been. I think it is in a motel.

I'll throw a few more in the ring:

Piezanos - deep dish pizza. Outstanding . . . small place. Cramped parking lot.

the Isles - 70s bar in Havelock with above average pizza. Try the Hawaiian or the Leaning Tower of Pizza.

Lee's Chicken - Fried chicken. 60s style. Enough said. (also, a giant fiberglass chicken outside. If you're into that.)

Bison Witches - Easily my favorite sit down sandwich shop. Order the half sandwich and soup with CCQ. You can thank me later. Good beer selection as well.

Watering Hole - Dive bar with the best wings in town . . . and it's not close. Order them grilled. Wow. (also, terrible service. But the wings are worth it.)

Had Misty's last Saturday for the first time in probably ten years. Needless to say, :worship

Bison Witches: Good prices, but I fancy myself a reuben connoisseur, and I've had better. It was not bad though.

I'm thinking Yia Yia's is gonna be next on my list. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking Yia Yia's is gonna be next on my list. Any suggestions?

Suggestions for what to eat? That depends on what kind of pizza you like, and they have about a dozen varieties. "The Local" is standard American pizza fare. You can also make your own, so it's as you like.

They don't take cards for purchases under $5, so if you're just going for a slice and a soda, you'd better have cash. If you get the combo with a salad just be aware that the salad they serve is slightly better than the salad you would expect to get in a 1980's era Eastern European gulag. But the pizza is swell.

Be sure to give them a fake, funny name when you order - they like reading them off over the intercom when your slice is done. But don't use D'Artagnan - they have trouble with D'Artagnan. When you pick up your slice, be sure to ask for parmesan cheese. They shred it fresh and it's free.