Lincoln Restaurants?

I would agree with Vincenzo's, but you're probably not going to get a table without a reservation on Friday or Saturday.

It's a chain restaurant, but they do a good job at Macaroni Grill down on 27th & Pine Lake.

If you have the time and want great Italian, drive up to Lo Sole Mio in Omaha. Well worth the trip.

I've never been impressed with Qdoba, and frankly, they're going to have a hard time competing with OSO. OSO put D'Leons out of business, and they're a juggernaut.

I thought that D'Leons was doomed from the beginning. It lacked a drive through . . . and from personal observation I'd guess from 50-75% of D'Leon's business is drive through. Sure it was busy for an hour or two on Friday and Saturday nights . . . but it's not the type of place that I run to eat lunch at when I'm working downtown.

Also, I do like Oso . . . but I lean more towards Chipotle even though it is a chain because I think Chipotle's rice is far superior.

Agreed regarding Qdoba. Give me Oso or Chipotle for burrito joints.

(Also, Green Gateau has an awesome breakfast deal on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 8am-10am. You can get some of their regular breakfast meals that normally run $8-10 for $5 even.)

One more option if you are looking for something more upscale: JTK in the train station in the haymarket. Business attire is probably appropriate. They have a date night special on Friday and Saturday evening that includes an appetizer, two entrees, a dessert, and a bottle of wine for $50. Quite the deal for the quality of the food.

I would agree with Vincenzo's, but you're probably not going to get a table without a reservation on Friday or Saturday.

It's a chain restaurant, but they do a good job at Macaroni Grill down on 27th & Pine Lake.

If you have the time and want great Italian, drive up to Lo Sole Mio in Omaha. Well worth the trip.

I'll never go back to the Macaroni Grill. WAY too many bad experiences. In one trip alone they lost our reservation, spilled a glass of wine on my friend's date, screwed up 2 of 8 orders, and then tried to charge the gratuity fee. I had to argue with management to get them to take if off the bill. Horrendous service, mediocre food. (And that's just one instance . . . I have more stories.)

Maybe my experiences with the place are out of the ordinary. You are correct though, Lo Sole Mio is excellent.

I'll never go back to the Macaroni Grill. WAY too many bad experiences. In one trip alone they lost our reservation, spilled a glass of wine on my friend's date, screwed up 2 of 8 orders, and then tried to charge the gratuity fee. I had to argue with management to get them to take if off the bill. Horrendous service, mediocre food. (And that's just one instance . . . I have more stories.)

Maybe my experiences with the place are out of the ordinary. You are correct though, Lo Sole Mio is excellent.

Would you believe in 20 years of living in Omaha, I never ate at Lo Sole Mio's? :facepalm:

Do you have a smart phone and/or and ipod touch, GMoose?

If so, I would recommend downloading the urban spoon app. If you're unfamiliar with the program, it allows you enter a location, pick a style of food (i.e. Chinese) and then also pick a price range. It will then randomly select a restaurant for which you can read reviews for. I have used it quite a bit and found some very nice places in Lincoln that I had no idea existed.

I believe you can also just use the actual urban spoon website to find restaurants.

Do you have a smart phone and/or and ipod touch, GMoose?

If so, I would recommend downloading the urban spoon app. If you're unfamiliar with the program, it allows you enter a location, pick a style of food (i.e. Chinese) and then also pick a price range. It will then randomly select a restaurant for which you can read reviews for. I have used it quite a bit and found some very nice places in Lincoln that I had no idea existed.

I believe you can also just use the actual urban spoon website to find restaurants.

My phone makes phone calls and text messages. Poorly.

But really I have used Urban Spoon before and it's pretty cool. I tend to play favorites with restaurants instead of total exploring. I'll have to fire back up again for Lincoln.

• 3 weeks later...

Literally every good lincoln place to eat has been mentioned. Omaha > Lincoln food wise.

Eh. As someone who has tried many/most of the most mentioned restaurants in both cities . . . I have to call it a wash. Omaha has more restaurant options . . . but that comes with being 5 times larger than Lincoln. Quality wise, I think they're roughly equal.

Literally every good lincoln place to eat has been mentioned. Omaha > Lincoln food wise.

Eh. As someone who has tried many/most of the most mentioned restaurants in both cities . . . I have to call it a wash. Omaha has more restaurant options . . . but that comes with being 5 times larger than Lincoln. Quality wise, I think they're roughly equal.

I would agree, but if Lincoln opened up a cheesecake Factory that might move them slightly ahead.

Intersting. I would disagree with your opinion.

• Fire 1