Lincoln Restaurants?

Update:

Went to Lazlo's. The lavash was alright, but the meal was mediocre and overpriced.

Also went to Buzzard Billy's. The fried gator was very good and so was the tilapia sandwich I got, both reasonably priced. I would highly recommend it.

Brewsky's was pretty good too, I had a good sourdough swiss mushroom melt

The reason Omaha is better, is that you can PARK at the good restaurants in Omaha. To go to any of the decent places downtown you have to play the parking wars game. Advantage - Omaha.

best restaurant is Thai Pepper. I am really good friends with Taas the owner of the one on 125th and Q. The place is always empty but its the best Thai food in Nebraska.

I would agree with Vincenzo's, but you're probably not going to get a table without a reservation on Friday or Saturday.

It's a chain restaurant, but they do a good job at Macaroni Grill down on 27th & Pine Lake.

If you have the time and want great Italian, drive up to Lo Sole Mio in Omaha. Well worth the trip.

I'll never go back to the Macaroni Grill. WAY too many bad experiences. In one trip alone they lost our reservation, spilled a glass of wine on my friend's date, screwed up 2 of 8 orders, and then tried to charge the gratuity fee. I had to argue with management to get them to take if off the bill. Horrendous service, mediocre food. (And that's just one instance . . . I have more stories.)

Maybe my experiences with the place are out of the ordinary. You are correct though, Lo Sole Mio is excellent.

I, too, hate Macaroni Grill. It has kind of a nice atmosphere, but IMO very overpriced average food. I triple agree on LoSole Mio's. It is superb and would be a hit in any city across the country. It is in my nationwide top 10.

The reason Omaha is better, is that you can PARK at the good restaurants in Omaha. To go to any of the decent places downtown you have to play the parking wars game. Advantage - Omaha.

best restaurant is Thai Pepper. I am really good friends with Taas the owner of the one on 125th and Q. The place is always empty but its the best Thai food in Nebraska.

Is this the place by the chinese/mongolian grill? I have always wanted to stop but never have because they always look closed. In our house we love Thai so I will try it next time

That's not quite true. You could say the exact same thing about the restaurants in the Old Market in Omaha . . . which has an even worse parking situation (in my experience) than downtown Lincoln. Plus if you are giving a restaurant an edge based on parking, methinks you are missing the point of the discussion.

Literally every good lincoln place to eat has been mentioned. Omaha > Lincoln food wise.

Eh. As someone who has tried many/most of the most mentioned restaurants in both cities . . . I have to call it a wash. Omaha has more restaurant options . . . but that comes with being 5 times larger than Lincoln. Quality wise, I think they're roughly equal.

Not. Even. Close. Omaha is on an order of magnitude better than Lincoln. We have what two (!) independent steak houses, no real seafood place (If anyone says red lobster I will vomit). Omaha Prime, Mahogany, Gorats, The Paxton (I know a world wide chain of two), Shucks, Bone Fish Grill.... I can go on and on, yes part of this is due to the larger population, but people will also spend when they go out. The one line that sends chills down my spine when friends tell me about a new place is "Well its a little pricey for what you get"... Hmmm, "was it good", "well yeah, but {insert crappy chain place} is almost as good, and it costs way less". :facepalm:

Also they have M's Pub... Go there for lunch, tureen of Salmon app, and a Lamb Burger..... FML I could eat that everyday...

per capita, omaha has a ton of restaurants. i miss that the most.

for the best bbq in the tri-state area, and the best bbq i have ever had in my life, and i have had a lot of bbq, do yourself a favor and go to boxer bbq. trust me on this one. get back to me if you do, i would be interested to find out what you thought. it is in council bluffs, but is is a hot spot for dowtown omahans during lunch. you have got to try it, trust me.

link

Literally every good lincoln place to eat has been mentioned. Omaha > Lincoln food wise.

Eh. As someone who has tried many/most of the most mentioned restaurants in both cities . . . I have to call it a wash. Omaha has more restaurant options . . . but that comes with being 5 times larger than Lincoln. Quality wise, I think they're roughly equal.

Not. Even. Close. Omaha is on an order of magnitude better than Lincoln. We have what two (!) independent steak houses, no real seafood place (If anyone says red lobster I will vomit). Omaha Prime, Mahogany, Gorats, The Paxton (I know a world wide chain of two), Shucks, Bone Fish Grill.... I can go on and on, yes part of this is due to the larger population, but people will also spend when they go out. The one line that sends chills down my spine when friends tell me about a new place is "Well its a little pricey for what you get"... Hmmm, "was it good", "well yeah, but {insert crappy chain place} is almost as good, and it costs way less". :facepalm:

Also they have M's Pub... Go there for lunch, tureen of Salmon app, and a Lamb Burger..... FML I could eat that everyday...

1. I don't eat seafood in Nebraska. Period. I'll get Bang Bang shrimp occasionally at Bonefish . . . but nothing compares to eating seafood off the docks. It's the same reason why I don't order steaks in Pensacola.

2. Omaha Prime, Mahogany, and Gorat are all grossly overrated . . . and even more overpriced. Ridiculous. A better steak can be had for 1/3 of the cost at Driftwood north of Blair. Get the filet (large or small) and thank me later.

3. M's Pub? Really? Never understood the fascination with that place. Good atmosphere. OK food. JTK in Lincoln is better and the date night special can't be beat for quality for the price.

4. I hardly EVER eat at chains. Not sure where you are coming from.

i really like this little, hole-in-the-wall, neighborhood restaurant just by my childhood house. i see commercials for it everywhere, but it is just a smalltime, local, neighborhood restaurant. it has sports apparel and such from my very own local high school and other neighborhood schools. it is called applebees and i strongly recommend it.

i really like this little, hole-in-the-wall, neighborhood restaurant just by my childhood house. i see commercials for it everywhere, but it is just a smalltime, local, neighborhood restaurant. it has sports apparel and such from my very own local high school and other neighborhood schools. it is called applebees and i strongly recommend it.

Haha. Applebees symbolizes nearly everything I hate in restaurants. (Not saying the food isn't average . . . it is.)

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the restaurants thread.

That said :LOLtartar where is a good place for a date, but not having it look like I'm trying to hard? I'm thinking Dish.

Discuss.

Thanks in advance :thumbs

The Dish is pretty good. If you're 21 or older Marz has a pretty decent (but limited) menu. Good place for a first date.

My go to was always the Blue Orchid but I've heard that it isn't as good as it used to be. Gorgeous space and good food at really reasonable prices . . . but I haven't been there in about a year.

Haha. Applebees symbolizes nearly everything I hate in restaurants. (Not saying the food isn't average . . . it is.)

agreed. applebees is a place to avoid. if i go chain, it is famous dave's, red robin, or ruby tuesdays. they are not bad, if i cannot go local. i had a friend he lived in boston, went to harvard, and his favorite restaurant there was chili's. i was appalled when i heard that. way to avoid and despise any attempt of enjoying a local culture.