Big 10 Network

This is one of the huge advantages of leaving the Big 12. Now everyone in the country can watch all of our games. This increases our recruiting base and offsets any possible loss we might pick up from not playing in the state of Texas. I can tell you first hand what it's like being a Husker fan and living in California where the majority of our games aren't on tv.

• Fire 1

With NU talking about making sure that all of our OOC games are home games, if there are 12 Big 10 home games in any given weekend (a stretch I know), how is it going to be possible to get all the games on national TV? Will ESPN, ABC, and the Big 10 network have 12 slots, each of the networks having a (CST) 11 am, 2:30 pm, 6:00 pm, and a 9:30 game? Will they contract games out with another network?

I guess I don't quite understand.

With NU talking about making sure that all of our OOC games are home games, if there are 12 Big 10 home games in any given weekend (a stretch I know), how is it going to be possible to get all the games on national TV? Will ESPN, ABC, and the Big 10 network have 12 slots, each of the networks having a (CST) 11 am, 2:30 pm, 6:00 pm, and a 9:30 game? Will they contract games out with another network?

I posted this on HawkeyeNation for you. Will let you know.

Edit: thread link

Unless something is changing, every game will not be on national TV in any meaningful sense. All games are on Big 10 Network, but often multiple games are on at once, so someone with the basic cable version of BTN will only see one of those, unless they pay extra to see the other. Example, this Sept. 2, Marshall-OSU and Towson-Indiana are both on BTN at the same time.

Unless something is changing, every game will not be on national TV in any meaningful sense. All games are on Big 10 Network, but often multiple games are on at once, so someone with the basic cable version of BTN will only see one of those, unless they pay extra to see the other. Example, this Sept. 2, Marshall-OSU and Towson-Indiana are both on BTN at the same time.

So, will they have 2 different stations, or will you be able to chose which game you want?

The way I understand it is they make every game available for ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ABC the net work chooses the games they want to show and IIRC in KC on Uverse I would get Big Ten games on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU at 11:00 Central, the other games were on extra ESPN channels that show up during football seasons, then there is a main game on the Big Ten Network and all the other games that weren't picked up by ESPN etal and ABC is then on alternate channels that show up during Football season. I'm not sure how other systems work, but I would bet that DirecTV and Dish are similar to what Uverse is.

Hope that helps.

This is one of the huge advantages of leaving the Big 12. Now everyone in the country can watch all of our games. This increases our recruiting base and offsets any possible loss we might pick up from not playing in the state of Texas. I can tell you first hand what it's like being a Husker fan and living in California where the majority of our games aren't on tv.

This is a great point that I never considered until your post. What's more important to a kid; that family will get to go to maybe 1 game a year or that they'll be able to watch EVERY game a year on TV and be able to make a visit whenever is convienient for them? BTN WILL help recruiting even if the lack of Texas presence hinders a tad bit.

I posted this on HawkeyeNation for you. Will let you know.

Edit: thread link

Thanks!

Interesting, especially here in Omaha/CB, where the majority of people are NU fans, but there is a strong Iowa fanbase, too.